Conquer Club

Right to offend

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Right to offend

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:25 am

This video seems to be quite the spectacular show.

Captain warmonger1981

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 am

mrswdk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
mrswdk wrote:If he refers to someone as 'she' and they reply 'I prefer 'he'' then he could just say 'okay then, he' without having any kind of debate whatsoever. If he decides to turn it into a big song and dance about how it's his right to call them whatever he wants then he is the one being difficult, not them.

I don't think he's refused to call anyone 'he' or 'she' as they wish. It's these trendy new pronouns like 'zhe' and 'zir' that he's refusing to use.

I fail to believe that being called 'zir' is something that is important to many people.

I would go further and say that it's not actually important to any people. I mean, if someone calls you "Hey, you!" is that a life-changing experience? These are the Symmetrys of the real world, people who go to university and find trolling more fun than actually studying.

The fat little lesbian with the triple nose-ring and the black armband, sitting in front of the bathroom door, refusing to go in because it says "women" and not "wymmin" and she's allegedly the latter, probably doesn't need to pee that bad. She's there to serve a cause. (And yes, I knew such a one, back in my younger days.)

mrswdk wrote:Like, how often in your daily life do you hear or read someone referring to you as 'he'? It's fair enough to say that we ought to use genderless pronouns instead of gendered ones - because there is no need to distinguish between whether or not someone is male or female when speaking about them - but the only people making a huge fuss about it (on either side of the argument) are people who want to make a ruckus for the sake of hearing themselves speak.

The guy in OP is a university professor so he will be used to dealing with angry students looking for a cause to latch on to, and knows that the best course of action is to just smile and say 'yes'. The only reason he's making this big public stand about it is to sell his book, and he has succeeded.

Yeah, you could make an argument that he should just follow the path of least resistance and give in. Others could argue that if you don't stand your ground you'll be facing more ridiculous demands tomorrow. I suppose we all have different priorities about what is worth fighting about and what isn't.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:39 am

In terms of picking your battles, I think picking the ‘I want to call you ‘he’’ battle is one of the ones that’s definitely worth giving a miss. And he probably would, if he didn’t have books and speaking tours to generate publicity for.

These are the Symmetrys of the real world

:lol:

We all know at least one *sigh*
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Neoteny on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Jordan Peterson sounds like Kermit the Frog.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Neoteny wrote:Jordan Peterson sounds like Kermit the Frog.

That's the deepest shit you ever said.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:17 pm

This is a great time to reflect on the forum that was:
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=174598

Gayface = vacation.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Aslantheking. Now there’s a blast from the past.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 pm

mrswdk wrote:In terms of picking your battles, I think picking the ‘I want to call you ‘he’’ battle is one of the ones that’s definitely worth giving a miss. And he probably would, if he didn’t have books and speaking tours to generate publicity for.
These are the Symmetrys of the real world

:lol:
We all know at least one *sigh*

So anyway, this reminded me to ask, did Symmetry die? :D :) :lol: :P
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,