Conquer Club

Will America's Conscience Please Stand Up?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Will America's Conscience Please Stand Up?

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Are we?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 pm

nietzsche wrote:we're definitely sexier and stronger.

Sexier maybe.

Stronger? World's strongest men are almost always nordic or Slavic.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Are we?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 am

Well, I'm mixed race - English and Welsh. And I'm as sexy as hell.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 am

Come on Jones. I was on a roll here. You had to derail it. Good thing you're so sexy.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 am

2dimes wrote:Come on Jones. I was on a roll here. You had to derail it. Good thing you're so sexy.

MMM-whah.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 am

Mix of five nationalities/regional backgrounds? Check.
One being Norweigian? Check.
Welsh? Not to my knowledge.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mrswdk on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am

jonesthecurl wrote:Well, I'm mixed race - English and Welsh. And I'm as sexy as hell.

Every time I say you're Welsh you flat deny it.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Fri May 11, 2018 6:52 pm

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/evkg9e/former-cia-ray-mcgovern-protested-at-gina-haspels-cia-confirmation-hearing

The protester who just got thrown out of Gina Haspel’s confirmation hearing used to brief Ronald Reagan every morning.

Former CIA operative turned activist Ray McGovern got up at the Wednesday hearing on Capitol Hill and demanded answers from Haspel, acting head of the CIA and President Trump's nominee to replace Mike Pompeo as CIA chief. While she promised not to create another torture program, she also wouldn’t condemn the previous one, including what happened at a CIA black site in the years after 9/11. When McGovern spoke up, at least five Capitol Police officers quickly detained him, warned him to stop resisting, and threw him out of the hearing in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Sat May 12, 2018 5:41 am

Yes, America is very free and that is why the rest of the world should be more like America.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/evkg9e/former-cia-ray-mcgovern-protested-at-gina-haspels-cia-confirmation-hearing

The protester who just got thrown out of Gina Haspel’s confirmation hearing used to brief Ronald Reagan every morning.

Former CIA operative turned activist Ray McGovern got up at the Wednesday hearing on Capitol Hill and demanded answers from Haspel, acting head of the CIA and President Trump's nominee to replace Mike Pompeo as CIA chief. While she promised not to create another torture program, she also wouldn’t condemn the previous one, including what happened at a CIA black site in the years after 9/11. When McGovern spoke up, at least five Capitol Police officers quickly detained him, warned him to stop resisting, and threw him out of the hearing in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

I've got an odd sympathy for Haspel- she clearly doesn't want to throw other CIA agents under the bus, especially those she was in charge of. I also understand why she would be unwilling to take the blame for the crusader torture that the government allowed.

That said, she's a war criminal, and she's been nominated by Trump specifically because he likes the idea of torture. She shouldn't be anywhere near a position of leadership.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Ray Rider on Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 am

Symmetry wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/evkg9e/former-cia-ray-mcgovern-protested-at-gina-haspels-cia-confirmation-hearing

I've got an odd sympathy for Haspel- she clearly doesn't want to throw other CIA agents under the bus, especially those she was in charge of. I also understand why she would be unwilling to take the blame for the crusader torture that the government allowed.

That said, she's a war criminal, and she's been nominated by Trump specifically because he likes the idea of torture. She shouldn't be anywhere near a position of leadership.

"Crusader torture"? This "torture" which is carried out on US soldiers during their training and some guys even have done to themselves voluntarily as a demonstration?
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 15, 2018 2:11 am

Ray Rider wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

"Crusader torture"? This "torture" which is carried out on US soldiers during their training and some guys even have done to themselves voluntarily as a demonstration?

It it some sort of BDSM thing in America? Sounds like those Guantanamo Bay detainees got raped.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 am

mrswdk wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

It it some sort of BDSM thing in America? Sounds like those Guantanamo Bay detainees got raped.

They underwent that training so that they could resist torture. Also, torture isn't really voluntary.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,