Conquer Club

Previous hype about changes in workplace tech

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Previous hype about changes in workplace tech

Postby mrswdk on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 am

Click image to enlarge.

Books will make people barbarous.

Say no to books.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: Previous hype about changes in workplace tech

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:12 am

There have been too many books for a long time.

There are thousands if not millions of manuscripts that may not have been ever read by anybody; mostly produced through the university system of Europe. Many of them are uncatalogued doctoral theses.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 has a line "Of making many books there is no end...".

That's why I hate arguments against piracy based on creativity. It doesn't matter if nobody writes new books because I don't have enough time to read the old ones. Of course, what they are really saying is that the place those people occupy in the imaginary economy will then not be there. The place you fill in the economy is about convincing other people you belong in it; there isn't much intrinsic value in any job save farmer.

On the workweek, apparently a US Senate subcommittee predicted 14 hour work weeks, but I haven't found any primary documents. This may need a Snopes page.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/09/news/economy/shorter-work-week/
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am

I guess i cannot be a priest...

On a side note, at least in the states the school imprisoning and ruining children's bodies and the women becoming giants are true.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:43 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I guess i cannot be a priest...

On a side note, at least in the states the school imprisoning and ruining children's bodies and the women becoming giants are true.

True story, women are becoming giants!

Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby Bentelbow on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I guess i cannot be a priest...

True story, women are becoming giants!

Need shoulders like a wrestler to support a rack like that..
Sergeant 1st Class Bentelbow

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 pm

As Canada legalizes Cannibis, it's important to remember some sage warnings from the Canadians of yesteryear.

This is Emily Murphy, the famous suffragette:
persons using
this narcotic smoke the dry leaves of the plant, which has the effect of
driving them completely insane. The addict loses all sense of moral responsibility.
Addicts to this drug, while under its influence are immune to pain. While
in this condition they become raving maniacs and are liable to kill or
indulge in any forms of violence to other persons, using the most savage
methods of cruelty without, as said before, any sense of moral responsibility.”

As evidenced by this excerpt, one can not support both women's rights and cannabis rights. The two are obviously mutually exclusive.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:27 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:As Canada legalizes Cannibis, it's important to remember some sage warnings from the Canadians of yesteryear.

persons using
driving them completely insane. The addict loses all sense of moral responsibility.

As evidenced by this excerpt, one can not support both women's rights and cannabis rights. The two are obviously mutually exclusive.

If you smoke the leaves of the cannabis plant.....you are doing it wrong.

Leaves are for making tea, flowers are for smoking.

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:As Canada legalizes Cannibis, it's important to remember some sage warnings from the Canadians of yesteryear.

persons using

I don't think anyone has made tea since the time of Emily Murphy bro. Cannabinoids (CBD, THC, etc.) are hydrophobic oily substances and, as such, not water-soluble. People now use the leaves mainly with oil/butter as the main basis for cannabis food. Alcohol does a decent job, so you might find the occasional tincture as well...but not tea bro... Poser.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Back when I smoked cannabis, we smoked the leaves. When we had extra money, we would clean out the seeds and stems and smoke only the leaves. When we were broke, we smoked it all, stems, seeds, leaves and roots.

Flowertop, aka sensimilla, first appeared in the U.S. in the late 1970s, but it didn't make its way into Canada until the early 1980s. By that point I'd mainly gotten sick of pot anyway, and I was out of the scene during the whole transition that took place in the late 80s and early 90s, with cloning and hydroponics and all those newfangled scientifically-bred strains. The next time I smoked pot was I think in '96 or '97, and it was one of the newfangled hydroponic superstrains. I took one toke and I was on the floor for an hour.

I do worry. Most of the studies showing that weed is harmless were made in the '70s, when people were smoking leaves and stems from naturally-seeded plants grown out in the fresh air. We used to call it "smoking Mother Nature" and there was nothing more natural that walking out to the cornfield, snipping a few leaves off your plant, drying them over a campfire while singing American Pie,and then rolling them up and smoking them. Today, most weed is flowertop, and it comes from mutant strains of cannabis that are basically synthetic flower-production machines, grown indoors, hydroponically, under artificial light, with synthetic fertilizers and probably growth hormones as well. It's about as far from mother nature as you can get without actually synthesizing THC in a test-tube. And now, I'm seeing newer studies that say THC actually can do serious damage (at the modern concentrations) but those studies are being ignored, because of the pendulum swing. Having once been fooled by the bombastic "Reefer Madness" type of propaganda from the '30s to the '60s, people finally got smart and rejected all that. In the process, though, they have made themselves deaf to more valid evidence that modern pot may be harmful after all. The pendulum has swung from one extreme to another, and as usual the middle ground gets left out.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:27 pm

But it's "all natural".
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:04 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:

persons using

I don't think anyone has made tea since the time of Emily Murphy bro. Cannabinoids (CBD, THC, etc.) are hydrophobic oily substances and, as such, not water-soluble. People now use the leaves mainly with oil/butter as the main basis for cannabis food. Alcohol does a decent job, so you might find the occasional tincture as well...but not tea bro... Poser.

Moron, we still make tea from cannabis leaves.

Fukn moron!

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm

I'm going bar hopping now, hope your idiotic thoughts have not ruined my evening of debauchery. Ha-ha-ha, who am I kidding? The moment I walk out my door I have already forgotten what I posted, ha-ha-ha.

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:

persons using

Moron, we still make tea from cannabis leaves.

Fukn moron!

Enjoy your tea that tastes like weed, but won't get you high at all!

To Duku's point the relative concentration of the active ingredient has gotten a bit out of hand. In 1978 the average pot (based on tests of gov't seizures) came in around 1.5% THC, in the late 80's its was around 4% and by 2008 was at about 8%. But this is still very modest potency when compared to the smoke-able concentrates now on the market. Many of them get up to 98% THC. I would disagree with Duku's opinion that farming methods and additives are really the problem here. It's more the processing after harvest that is becoming a problem. Like most other crops, improved farming practices leads to superior quality product and better yields but even the best flower product cap out around 35% THC. The "shatter" type products, and especially the food products are the ones that I feel pose biggest potential danger to our teenage generation.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,