Conquer Club

Baby Shakers - Watch out!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Baby Shakers - Watch out!

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 pm

The man who would defend your insolent behavior is now dead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2018/04/10/dr-john-plunkett-rip-he-told-the-truth-about-bad-forensics-and-was-prosecuted-for-it/

I'm pretty sure that means the entire US justice system is broken, as that was the last ray of light.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Baby Shakers - Watch out!

Postby mrswdk on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:10 am

It's political correctness gone made.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 am

Everyone is always hating on a Minnesotan. We're all like Rick James. COLD AS ICE.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:55 am

warmonger1981 wrote:Everyone is always hating on a Minnesotan. We're all like Rick James. COLD AS ICE.

I'm pretty sure I remember Jesse "the Body" Ventura taking the side of Nikolai Volkoff and the Iron Sheik.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 am

mrswdk wrote:It's political correctness gone made.

Not quite. It's more like judicial convenience gone mad. Many of those forensic tests don't have any legitimacy in scientific consensus. I read somewhere (so i could be mistaken) that many of the forensic assays used were developed in the f.b.i. lab and never exposed to rigorous testing themselves. But they establish a false legitimacy that the justice system and investigators can use to set up their authority.

Like the lie-detector-- it's complete bunk. It's not even admissible as evidence in court, but they'll continue to use it because people believe it's a real thing.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
mrswdk wrote:It's political correctness gone made.

Not quite. It's more like judicial convenience gone mad. Many of those forensic tests don't have any legitimacy in scientific consensus. I read somewhere (so i could be mistaken) that many of the forensic assays used were developed in the f.b.i. lab and never exposed to rigorous testing themselves. But they establish a false legitimacy that the justice system and investigators can use to set up their authority.

Like the lie-detector-- it's complete bunk. It's not even admissible as evidence in court, but they'll continue to use it because people believe it's a real thing.

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm

found in the comments section in that article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 95dd9164fc

Oregon punished an engineer for criticizing red-light cameras. He fought back and won.

Mats Järlström is, by all accounts, an engineer. He graduated from engineering school in Sweden, served as an airplane-camera mechanic in the Swedish Air Force and worked in research and development at an electronics manufacturer. For the past 20 years, he has earned a living designing and repairing audio equipment.

He is not, however, a “licensed professional” in the state of Oregon, where he put down roots in the early 1990s. So when Järlström did his own study of the timing mechanisms in the state’s red-light cameras and found them flawed, Oregon officials hit him with a $500 fine for “unlicensed practice of engineering.”

Järlström was inspired by the $150 ticket his wife got in the mail in May after driving through an intersection with a red-light camera in Beaverton, Ore. His research showed that the mathematical formula used in the timing of yellow lights was outdated and unfair to drivers.

show: Full Article
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby mrswdk on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 pm

In oligarch America, rules break you!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:07 pm

mrswdk wrote:In oligarch China, rules kill you!

FIXED AGAIN
Captain warmonger1981

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,