Conquer Club

Rosae Crucis

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rosae Crucis

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 pm

J M Roberts' The Mythology of the Secret Societies is good on this. I don't have a copy any more so I can't quote it. My copy was prolly stolen by undercover OTO operatives.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 am

John Dee the original 007. I don't know for sure John Dee was a Rosicrucian. Some people claimed he was but I don't know if there's a evidence. He was heavily influenced by Hermeticism and Alchemy. Do you know why John Dee is associated with 007?
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:19 am

warmonger1981 wrote:John Dee the original 007. I don't know for sure John Dee was a Rosicrucian. Some people claimed he was but I don't know if there's a evidence. He was heavily influenced by Hermetic and Alchemy. Do you know why John Dee is associated with 007?

Yes, I do.

He really is an interesting guy, but mostly for the wrong reasons. A lot of people are interested in his alchemy (no discoveries), his Hermeticism (he was more of a dupe of his guide, Kelley, IMHO).

I see him as one of England's greatest scientists, and an influence on Francis Bacon.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 am

Symmetry wrote:
warmonger1981 wrote:John Dee the original 007. I don't know for sure John Dee was a Rosicrucian. Some people claimed he was but I don't know if there's a evidence. He was heavily influenced by Hermetic and Alchemy. Do you know why John Dee is associated with 007?

Yes, I do.

He really is an interesting guy, but mostly for the wrong reasons. A lot of people are interested in his alchemy (no discoveries), his Hermeticism (he was more of a dupe of his guide, Kelley, IMHO).

I see him as one of England's greatest scientists, and an influence on Francis Bacon.

So why is he associated with 007?
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:09 am

warmonger1981 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Yes, I do.

I see himthe as one of England's greatest scientists, and an influence on Francis Bacon.

So why is he associated with 007?

He was kind of a spy for Queen Ellizabeth. His mark was two zeros, with a seven- the top of the seven overlooking the O's. Meant to look like a pair of eyes.

He really wasn't much of a spy though.
Ian Fleming took the OO7 idea (imagine the top part of the seven overlooking the O's
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 am

Long story short- Dee was kinda crappy as a spy. but the guy who came with him was Edward Kelley, who was basically a con-artist who claimed to talk to angels
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,