Conquer Club

SJW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

People who use SJW?

They are dumb
50%
They're kinda dumb
No votes
Not sure
13%
They have a point
19%
They are right
13%
Kittens are cute
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: SJW

Postby mrswdk on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:50 pm

In other words, DDS feels uncomfortable when he sees strong women characters in movies.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Neoteny wrote:Won't someone think of the movies?

Indeed, i look forward to the day when a panel or committee will be formed which will ensure all our plays, films, novels, etc are properly aligned with our progressive ideology. After all, most people today draw their morality from tv, it's only natural to ensure that our entertainment properly represent minorities or women, people too weak to look out for themselves. Never mind the integrity or raison d'etre of the source itself, it must comply with the only true philosophy.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:SJW's are everything that is wrong with American society.

Here's why:
The perpetual death of cinema.
Can anyone really list a top 10 movie that has been ground breaking in cinema in the past decade? I'm selective as shit when it comes to watching movies, so I might have just overlooked a few that I should watch, but I haven't seen anything that revolutionized the film industry.

Take the Marvel Movies for example; The Black Panther and Spiderman. I don't have an issue with race or who plays whom, so long as it fits thematically and doesn't inherently ruin the authors vision. Mary Jane Watson has always been a fiery redhead and has always played a pivotal role in Spiderman's life, so why change her race? I don't understand. I'm not saying the actress can't portray her with her skills, but on a racial standpoint, she doesn't have the ethnicity, that's just fact. So why the f*ck do these morons blow their shit up when you mention it and point at source material rather than saying "Oh...I guess that makes sense." It would be the same thing if I had changed the Black Panther into some random white dude. He portrayed the hero Black Panther really well, but f*ck, he's white! "Oh can't have that, that's racist!" :roll:
Here's another movie that did this shit. The Dark Tower. Aside from butchering the movie to it's core, Roland is meant to be white, he is white for an exact reason that fits into the books because a character in this series is a racist piece of shit and tries to kill Roland because of it. SO WHY CHANGE HIM TO BE BLACK IN THE MOVIES?!

"Strong" Female Characters - There hasn't been a single fuckin one in recent memory. Take Rei for example from Star Wars. I despise her character within every fiber of my being. She's a Mary Sue, can do no fault, has 0 character development, there is no character growth, she's just a God amongst men for no other reason than just to be. Luke has this epic journey of an emotional roller coaster and you can see him grow as a person in the films, Rei doesn't display any of this. Know a strong female character? Ripley from Alien, or Sarah Connor from the Terminator series. Those are strong characters, and they have character growth and development that turns them into fucking bad asses.
"NOPE! WE NEED CHICKS TO SHOW US THAT THEY CAN DO GUY STUFF BECAUSE THEY'RE SUPER BAD ASS FROM THE START AND MEN ARE DUMB! DEHURR!"
Feels like every fuckin movie recently NEEDS a female either as a lead or a co-lead, and they usually fall into this bullshit category "We're smarter and stronger than you from the beginning." Even the Black Panthers sister falls into this, at 16, inventing all this advanced bullshit, and if you go rewatch the movie with one of the quotes "I put this railing system in here to transfer the metal," it puts some weird plot holes that people probably missed, myself included. Not that it matters since the movie was shit anyways.
I'm not opposed to strong female leads that have thought put into them, I am opposed to just slapping them in there and saying that this character is God's gift to man.

Idiotic reasoning - These morons will go on Youtube, Facebook or both and follow some dumb ass blogger, that blogger will probably have some really skewed views like "A person that is born can't identified as male or female." And they eat this shit up as fact. All for the sake of trying to appear politically correct. This is the heart of the issue ladies and gentlemen - Politically Correct. SJW's are the main cause for this bullshit with their shaming of others for their opinions and views. It's gotten so bad that It affects politics, video games, movies, work place environment, just about everywhere.

Take this stupid shit for example - A game that I adore right now is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, set in Medieval Europe in the 15th century, south east of the Holy Roman Empire, made by a company IN THAT REGION (They know their history). What do folks in America complain about the game? "No black people! Racist game!" Oh for f*ck sakes, really? It's historically accurate, there would be little to no black people in that region, how in the f*ck can you argue this?!

The narrative is the same with these degenerate pricks. They do more harm than good, and they have directly impacted our society on a larger scale than folks give them credit for, and it's not a good thing. It's bad, very fuckin bad. We're getting into the day and age where we have to walk on egg shells constantly and hope to sweet Jesus we don't piss off a group of these morons unless we want our information shared online.

SJW's aren't just dumb, they're cancerous, and that category needs to be on this poll.

Bru the multibillion dollar studios don't give a stuffed cat about any of that shit. It's the current zeitgeist of the internet-, tumblr-, and twitter-age. It's all marketing to sell tickets. They pay people to study the pulse of the most profitable demographic and use that to tailor movies to yield the most meat in seats and favorable rotten tomatoes reviews.

Eventually, like all things, it'll pass. Whether that end comes at the expense of reason remains to be seen, but in the end, who gives a shit. People will get what they deserve.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby mrswdk on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Does it even matter either way? Hollywood literally only makes boring superhero movies these days.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Neoteny on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Yeah, if you think the state of cinema is due to anything but studios pandering to the lowest common denominator and not taking risks because their profit margin isn't hurt by churning out derivative dreck, then I don't know what to tell you. SJWs complaining about a Seth Rogen movie isn't hurting cinema in the slightest.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Neoteny on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Also is there anything more "old man yells at cloud" than complaining about cultural degeneracy? You'd think we learned with books and radio and film and tv and phones and i guess still film? Like, if you're over thirty or thirty-five, then you aren't the target audience for mainstream music, tv, and cinema. It's been that way forever. And if you aren't thirty yet and you're already whining about the ruination of western culture, maybe just pull the wedgie out of your ass, vape some weed and go live a little.
Major Neoteny

Postby mrswdk on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Yeah, toss some salad.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Neoteny on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

#neverstopeatingass
Major Neoteny

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm

DDS, you need to use the proper terminology. Strong female character is the name of the trope when women are arbitrarily and unrealistically strong (like Rei, the Bride, Wonder Woman etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_female_character

They really ruined Wonder Woman recently. It was way better when she was always getting tied up.

The biggest problem is that people's brains shut off and stop paying attention whenever a movie passes a Bechdel test. Until you change basic biology (or maybe that's the cultured part of gender) then you won't have ever have good movies that feature feminist leads. However, it's weird that I've been paying attention to gender in Shakespeare recently. A lot of plays don't have any, or very few female characters and those are the ones where it is hardest to convince a female to be interested in watching it. Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth and Midsummer Night's Dream all have really great female presence, which is probably why they are so popular. Hamlet less so, but Ophelia is one of the greatest characters.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Something Something, wikipedia

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:35 am

DDS in the newspaper:
http://katu.com/news/local/man-kenneth-duyck-admits-he-had-sexual-contact-with-a-horse-near-hillsboro

Tuesday morning, deputies found Duyck parked in a vehicle in the Cornelius Walmart lot. At first Duyck told deputies he entered the stables, but only to look for work. He later admitted he had sexual contact with the horse.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Angry rebuttal

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:56 am

Ah, this has rapidly become one of my favourite threads. It's almost indistinguishable- the people who actually think using SJW is a good idea, and those who are parodying the idiots.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am

How do you use Social Justice Warrior?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby mrswdk on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 am

He doesn't, because it is anti-Semitic and he does not want to show any support for Corbyn,
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:How do you use Social Justice Warrior?

I don't. It's a really awkward phrase designed to get "SJW" as a kind of initialism/acronym. Like a lot of weird stuff that the far-right comes up with ("cuck" comes to mind as one of its previous memes), it got adopted unthinkingly by people who were happy to see that it got a reaction, but are kind of unhappy when asked to think about what they're saying.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am

Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu May 10, 2018 9:35 am

What a shocker, who could have seen this coming from miles and miles away?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 am

This guy started complaining last year. He makes some reasonable points but
I'm not sure I care. I'm annoyed that they cast a guy that is nothing like Han Solo after Han Solo has been established for 40 years. Maybe they did that intentionally to undermine white male actors.

Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu May 10, 2018 12:06 pm

I feel like I've had a more invested time in it, with the games the occasional book, growing up with the originals and the prequels (not that I'm defending the latter), but when Disney took over the reigns and released The Force Awakens, I was...Really meh about it? The Last Jedi is released afterwards and it's clearly a political correctness type fucking movie that blew my head off. The film itself, plot wise, is garbage. The film adding in random purple haired girl, Rey the Mary Sue, Finn the token black guy and Rose Binks, who's somehow on par with Jar Jar is where I'm drawing a lot of ire.

You can create a shitty film like the prequels but at least it was world building. It built upon Anakin and Sidious story, character and motivations. In the new movies, there's almost no world building, at all.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm

I liked The Force Awakens, Rogue One and The Last Jedi.

Doesn't matter to me if Disney and who ever wants to make an all women Star Wars movie. I just want to see wookies, space ships, lasers, droids and enjoy it. I quit after, episode 2 because Anikin was so bad but The Force Awakens made me a fan again. After I watched that I went back to watch the third prequel and it was pretty good.

Finn and Rey were fine, I even liked Rose, Kilo Renn is terrible but not bad enough to ruin everything else.

I do hate porgs even though they look delicious.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie of them all.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 10, 2018 4:02 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie of them all.

The Ice Pirates is the best Star Wars movie of them all.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Neoteny on Thu May 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Hot take: Star Wars was bad before the dreaded SJWs got ahold of it.
Major Neoteny

Postby Neoteny on Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 pm

I guess the hotter take is that SJWs made it better, but that's not true. It's still extremely dumb. I even listened to an anarchist/communist critique of the series and that was also very bad.

It's not good y'all.
Major Neoteny

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,