Conquer Club

Candle powered raclette pan

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Candle powered raclette pan

Postby 2dimes on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm

This is a slightly better version of the one we bought today. It's pretty awesome.

I can melt cheese on the go!
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Candle powered raclette pan

Postby King_Herpes on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:33 am

Who is "we" do you have a gerbil in your ass?
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:09 am

It s something you re supposed to eat with a lot of people... and how do you keep potatoes hot with that? Lame
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 am

WTF dude? Your inner Amish coming oot? :lol: Cheese wont get brown and bubbly, potatos not warmed, wait forever for one mediocre bite....like standing ootside a closed bar when ya wanna beer!

My extended family has enjoyed this French classic for 40 years...we don't do it the "real" way, but between all of us, we have 6 of these awesome pans - have this dinner probly 3 times a year with the group (20+). Mom and dad discovered it in a small village in France on their 25th wedding anniversary trip over there....spent 2 weeks travelling to small towns in France and Suisse looking for different raclette joints....lol

Yo Frenchie....we always use Jarlsberg cheese; what are your thoughts?
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby 2dimes on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 am

It's pretty simple to use, I'm not sure what you did wrong, the cheese gets brown and bubbly on it faster than our big electric unit.

If your cast iron pot doesn't keep your potatoes hot enough. You could probably use a thermos when you want to take them far away from the fire pit.

I'm not surprised betiko has never taken food for a long walk in the woods. I am surprised he seems uninterested in a melted cheese snack.

I'm probably not going to use it with potatoes, I had crackers yesterday. I am looking forward to adding bread, meat and pickles. Someone made a single egg omelette on YouTube. I can even make small servings of nachos while I'm fishing.

King_Herpes wrote:Who is "we" do you have a gerbil in your ass?

I wish.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:56 am

Yeah....we're talking oranges and apples here, ya hoser :lol:

Places like this have gained hugely in popularity in the last several years. 20 years ago, no one I'd ever met had ever heard of it. And I stand corrected...originally a dish from Suisse.....adopted by France. Melted bubly, browned cheese portions over boiled potatos (we use red), pickles (we use homemade), onion of your choice....meat of your choice if you wish (we like some vaiety of sausage).

Our type of pan (6 of them at once)....we use the top heated portion to keep the taters warm.

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 am

Our electric heated stone is like Sara Walker's but only has four raclette pans.

My little candle unit melts cheese faster but it's true I can't cook steak strips or chicken and shrimps in cheap bourbon, since the upper stone grill is missing.

I also have noticed the bottle of cheap white label bourbon I didn't want to drink, was actually better for that cooking than the slightly less cheap Buffalo Trace bourbon that I like to drink.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Did you say that the 3 tealight candle powered unit cooks the cheese FASTER than an electric unit? Are you using one made for raclette like the pix I showed?

NFW dude....

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:23 pm

I don't know if ours is like the pix.

This http://xjgroup01.en.hisupplier.com/prod ... 261CO.html looks like the same unit.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 pm

And you DO have actual electricity in the Great White North, eh? :lol:

AND:

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 pm

KoolBak wrote:And you DO have actual electricity in the Great White North, eh? :lol:

Only the largest canoes have generators. The smaller ones sink when you try to install them.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 pm

KoolBak wrote:WTF dude? Your inner Amish coming oot? :lol: Cheese wont get brown and bubbly, potatos not warmed, wait forever for one mediocre bite....like standing ootside a closed bar when ya wanna beer!

My extended family has enjoyed this French classic for 40 years...we don't do it the "real" way, but between all of us, we have 6 of these awesome pans - have this dinner probly 3 times a year with the group (20+). Mom and dad discovered it in a small village in France on their 25th wedding anniversary trip over there....spent 2 weeks travelling to small towns in France and Suisse looking for different raclette joints....lol

Yo Frenchie....we always use Jarlsberg cheese; what are your thoughts?

I had to google that, a norwegian cheese... never heard of it, no idea what it tastes like, nor how norwegian cheeses are.
Anyways, the cheese you use for raclette is a very specific one, which can be smoked or not.
I see some raw chicken on your pic normally you eat it with only delicatessen.
Well i guess it s just a pretty easy thing to do and in the us you have no other choice but to adapt it. The thing is to go in one of those alpine villages, buy the right cheese from the cheese shop (humm how do you call that in english not sure you have those lol) and the right deli from the butcher, and get the right potatoes.
Also, try it with those french small pickles.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 pm

2dimes wrote:I don't know if ours is like the pix.

This http://xjgroup01.en.hisupplier.com/prod ... 261CO.html looks like the same unit.

That's like a 2 in one.
The stone on top is to do what we call a "pierrade", you just cook any raw stuff on the stone.
Below there is the raclette thingy.

Given that kb seems to like to add some raw meat and veggies (sorry don t know if that pic was yours or not) he might just be better off with one like yours
Major betiko

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:40 am

Welcome to the future.

Sometimes an homage to an homage becomes a new thing in a way.
Wether or not you know what cheese from Norway tastes like.

Last night we had "French" bread, salad, gherkins, several types of cheese including Raclette (which is tough to find here but I noticed a package between where the other cheeses were and the line up to pay) and jalepeno cheddar sausage. I'm not as in love with my toy since the canines and possibly someone else bumped the table spilling liquified wax.

Also looking at electric units online there may be an upgrade in our future. Maybe even without fromage. Since my wife calls what we typically do with it "Hot stone fonduing." Probably quite like "pierrade".

No Herp, it's pretty unlikely I will trade my wife in for a gerbil, Sara Walker or even Taarna.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:07 am

Yes.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:10 am

No Frenchie....cannt yet find true "raclette" cheese here. My mom (gods rest her soul) said that the jarlsberg reminded her the most of it. Shits expensive tho.....

Stock pic. We only do sausage like kielbasa, etc when we do meat. And everyone here prefers my home canned pickles....cause they're awesome.....so. :lol: Also we use sweet cherry tomatoes and green onions, preferably fresh from our garden.....red neck raclette, Fenchie!!! Oh, and homemade wine. My son decided,to take a shot at my grandmas dandelion wine recipe...I didn't know a primary ingredient was raisins....has made 2 batches (both fermenting right now), one with normal raisins and one with golden. Color difference is amazing....

AND:

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,