Conquer Club

Best American President

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the best American President?

Donald J Trump
50%
I hate America
50%

Total votes : 8

Best American President

Postby PepeTheFrog on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello, I am 12 years old and am doing a report for school. Please help me by responding to this poll.
Private PepeTheFrog

Re: Best American President

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Kittens.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby mrswdk on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Melania Trump stole the show as the most elegant person in the photo of the first families taken at this weekend's Barbara Bush funeral.

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:22 pm

why are they all smiling?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:41 pm

riskllama wrote:why are they all smiling?

Because the Donald didn't show up...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:55 pm

if someone asked me to take a pic like that at a funeral, pretty sure i'd refuse - unless i couldn't stand the deceased and just came for the food. seems a bit "not right", imo...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby armati on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:59 pm

none of them have a conscience.
Sergeant armati

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 pm

riskllama wrote:if someone asked me to take a pic like that at a funeral, pretty sure i'd refuse - unless i couldn't stand the deceased and just came for the food. seems a bit "not right", imo...

It does seem kinda fucked up.

Especially for Bush Sr. I mean, he already looks like a stroke victim, that smile is just creepy.
Major tkr4lf

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm

GW Bush, the Obamas, Melania, and Bill all look normal.

G HW Bush looks like he died with his eyes open, Laura Bush always looks like someone just surprised her, and Hillary looks like she's trying to impersonate Laura Bush.

They're happy because Barbara Bush left a note telling them where she buried her candy.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby HitRed on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Everyone say, "North Korea!"
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:02 am

riskllama wrote:if someone asked me to take a pic like that at a funeral, pretty sure i'd refuse - unless i couldn't stand the deceased and just came for the food. seems a bit "not right", imo...

Why? Funerals aren't just about death- they're also about celebrating a life lived. For other people who shared the White House part of her life to come together seems kinda nice, and an acknowledgement of respect for the roles that transcended party politics.

I don't think that her husband, or her son and daughter-in-law would have had that photo taken if they thought it was somehow wrong. It seems more than a little mean to suggest that they just came for a free meal.

Four out of the six living Presidents of the US came together for that, Carter was saving the world, and Trump was at his golf course. That's not a bad legacy.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 am

Melania Trump brought two of Barbara Bush's longtime servants so they could attend the funeral.

ā€œMrs. Trump brought George Hainey, former head MaĆ®tre Dā€™at the White House, and Buddy Carter, a current butler, to the funeral with her as invited guests,ā€ White House spokesperson Stephanie Grisham told PEOPLE. ā€œShe knew they were very close to the Bush family and wanted them to be able to pay their respects.ā€

http://people.com/politics/melania-trum ... -respects/

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton funeral crashed the service by bringing her weird tag-along daughter Chelsea Clinton (AKA America's Princess Eugenie) so she could appear in publicity snaps to help advance her DOA career.

[Chelsea] Clinton, 38, joined her parents who were seated next to the Obamas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5DTzp8Bfn
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 am

saxitoxin wrote:Melania Trump brought two of Barbara Bush's longtime servants so they could attend the funeral.

ā€œMrs. Trump brought George Hainey, former head MaĆ®tre Dā€™at the White House, and Buddy Carter, a current butler, to the funeral with her as invited guests,ā€ White House spokesperson Stephanie Grisham told PEOPLE. ā€œShe knew they were very close to the Bush family and wanted them to be able to pay their respects.ā€

http://people.com/politics/melania-trum ... -respects/

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton funeral crashed the service by bringing her weird tag-along daughter so she could appear in publicity snaps to help advance her career.

[Chelsea] Clinton, 38, joined her parents who were seated next to the Obamas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5DTzp8Bfn

Oh noes! President Clinton and former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton brought their daughter to a funeral of a former First Lady. Quite the scandal you caught there.

And seated next to the Obamas- outrageous!

You must be positively overwhelmed by it all.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 am

Symmetry wrote:
Oh noes! President Clinton and former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton brought their daughter to a funeral of a former First Lady.

Well their daughter is in her late 30s. Isn't it kind-of sad for her to still be the tag-along kid to mom and dad's invites? Michelle Obama and Melania Trump didn't bring their children and they're actually children, not live-at-home adults.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:10 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Oh noes! President Clinton and former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton brought their daughter to a funeral of a former First Lady.

Well their daughter is in her late 30s. Isn't it kind-of sad for her to still be the tag-along kid to mom and dad's invites? Michelle Obama and Melania Trump didn't bring their children and they're actually children, not live-at-home adults.

This is just becoming a bit silly of you now, mate. Melania Trump didn't bring her kid, true, but he's young and in school. Presidents Obama and Clinton actually turned up. You're really going after Chelsea Clinton for attending a funeral? And for Hillary Clinton for "funeral crashing", as you put it?

Seems a little tacky, at best, ST.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:14 am

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

This is just becoming a bit silly of you now, mate. Melania Trump didn't bring her kid, true, but he's young and in school. Presidents Obama and Clinton actually turned up. You're really going after Chelsea Clinton for attending a funeral? And for Hillary Clinton for "funeral crashing", as you put it?

Is there school on Saturday?
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Is there school on Saturday?

Don't dig this hole any further, ST. Pretty sure the funeral was in Texas. You can't really be going after Melania now too for not taking her son, are you? It's not a short trip for a kid.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 am

I'm with llama on this one. I went to a wake once and a lot of people were crowded around a TV watching a basketball game. Seemed out of touch with the moment.

HitRed

P.s. I'm also on the fence about wailing at a funeral.
Last edited by HitRed on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:57 am

HitRed wrote:I'm with llama on this one. I went to a wake once and a lot of people were crowded around a TV watching a basketball game. Seemed out of touch with the moment.

HitRed

I'm totally on the opposite side- funerals should be respectful, but not dour. Jokes in a eulogy, happy memories, praise and prayer if it's religious. A wake even more so. People grieve in different ways, sure, but sometimes getting to know the family and friends of the person who died is a better way of remembering them and how they influenced the lives around them than staying silent.

I'm atheist, but I think that people live in their relations with others. Whether it's directly by fathering or mothering someone, or indirectly, by simply being a part of someone else's life, even in the smallest way. That part of them lives on. Lives cascade.

Wakes, in particular, should be celebrations of life.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:18 am

clintons and obamas have no right to have been aloud to go to her funeral
Private 1st Class karel

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 am

Think y'all are being overtly negative for a funeral. People come, people go. Mourn when folks pass, celebrate the life you still have. Maybe the photo at the funeral is inappropriate but different strokes for different folks.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby riskllama on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:26 am

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Aloud?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:11 pm

*whoosh*
Lieutenant riskllama