Conquer Club

Why inflation may be worse than you think it is

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why inflation may be worse than you think it is

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:13 am

Who said that there will ONLY be 6 stores closing due to the CA wage increase to $20? That is only the beginning; there will likely be MORE. And stores NEED NOT CLOSE for the economic impacts to be felt. Fewer workers and fewers hours are also huge impacts. Technology will replace workers. I see 2 workers monitoring 4 self-check out registers at a big box store. I see more self-checkout at Wal-Mart when I shop there. AND I am NOT IN CA and I see the trends for fewer workers all the way over on the right coast in VA.

And yes, I understand about franchises. I worked at one while in college, in FAST FOOD. Those jobs were mostly, if not exclusively, part-time jobs. Money and hours and MANY headaches came by getting into management.

A major Burger King franchisee in California says he can't roll out order kiosks fast enough due to the state's new $20 fast-food minimum wage

A huge Burger King franchisee is rushing to cut costs over California's $20 minimum wage for fast-food workers.
This includes introducing digital order kiosks to all his restaurants, the franchisee said.
Restaurants are putting up prices, cutting staff's hours, and turning to tech to offset the wage.

A major fast-food franchisee in California says he's rushing to roll out digital order kiosks as part of plans to cut costs over the state's new $20 minimum wage for fast-food workers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-major-burger-king-franchisee-in-california-says-he-can-t-roll-out-order-kiosks-fast-enough-due-to-the-state-s-new-20-fast-food-minimum-wage/ar-BB1lvDwA?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=f176039889034476b8d254cbfc81aef5&ei=16
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Pack Rat on Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:19 am

Poor franchises screaming and crying over the wages they now have to pay.

....and now before any real impact on these same franchises has happened, we have the typical Neanderthal MAGA cult followers yelling the SKY IS FALLING!

Customers will pay the extra 3-5% for their junk food, instead of going to the grocery store and paying less. Competition will sort things out, no need to panic. Who knows....maybe Americans will make a healthy change and avoid fast food restaurants and eat healthy food at home. A win/win for AMERICA!
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:39 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Poor franchises screaming and crying over the wages they now have to pay.

....and now before any real impact on these same franchises has happened, we have the typical Neanderthal MAGA cult followers yelling the SKY IS FALLING!

Customers will pay the extra 3-5% for their junk food, instead of going to the grocery store and paying less. Competition will sort things out, no need to panic. Who knows....maybe Americans will make a healthy change and avoid fast food restaurants and eat healthy food at home. A win/win for AMERICA!

Who said the sky is falling? I said "fewer workers, fewer hours, more technology." Get the FACTS straight, p-rat. AND I am not MAGA, whatever that means.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:08 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:Poor franchises screaming and crying over the wages they now have to pay.

Who said the sky is falling? I said "fewer workers, fewer hours, more technology." Get the FACTS straight, p-rat. AND I am not MAGA, whatever that means.

You are MAGA! All you do is complain and whine about President Biden. Your ridiculous and absurd comments point to the echo chamber of Q and other Russian propaganda. Everyone with any sense of normality have a field day about Trump. You on the other hand has a see no evil, hear no evil and say no evil about Trump...
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:36 pm

Pack Rat wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

You are MAGA! All you do is complain and whine about President Biden. Your ridiculous and absurd comments point to the echo chamber of Q and other Russian propaganda. Everyone with any sense of normality have a field day about Trump. You on the other hand has a see no evil, hear no evil and say no evil about Trump...[/color][/i][/b]

First of all, inflation is hitting ALL food, not just fast food. So that is not a real answer to inflation. And CA minimum wage is NOT the ONLY issue here. p-rat is so myopic and his vision is so poor, that his posts amount to a pile of drivel.

False allegations: I am not MAGA, have said so, do not follow Russian Propaganda, and I see the bad in Trump.

Here are a few of my posts in THIS very thread ONLY. I can find more where I criticize Trump and realize his limitations and his negative points. Wake up p-rat; your ignorance is showing AGAIN.

For example:
btw: I am disappointed that these two are the ONLY real candidates available for us to choose. SAD. A choice between BAD and even worse.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=700

Re: The 2024 Elections in the US, mostly for the POTUS
Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Even though I voted early for a candidate NOT named Biden nor Trump, I do not see other likely candidates for the two major political parties.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=625

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:54 am

One of my many concerns about the Election 2024 is that many likely Trump voters believe that he is the "Savior" and will FIX everything. He is NOT and will NOT.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=550

Below is more criticism of Trump by me Jan. 31, 2024; I added larger font for more emphasis in the quote below:

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

If you read various threads here, you will clearly see that I do not like Trump, have criticized him, and have said that I do NOT think that he deserves to be President. Trump is bombastic, thinks at a cursory level, has biases, is abrasive, and surely a sore loser. He does love this country, but his view of this country is limited.

Biden is an incompetent President. And let me repeat this: Biden is a doddering old fool.

Trump has a solid block of voters who
A) LOVE him, no matter what, and
B) a block of voters who detest him and will NEVER vote for him.
WHICH is BIGGER?

I do not want either Biden or Trump to be President for a second term.

The Economy, despite the claims of the Democrats, is not a winning issue for Biden.

I do agree with GaryD that this election is likely to be VERY CLOSE. It may come down to '
1) those 6 states in the Electoral College, and
2) the abortion issue.

Good summation.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=500
JP4Fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:34 pm

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:01 pm

Yes, Joe Biden's fault:

Inflation is the rate at which the price of goods and services increases. As a result of inflation, the purchasing power (value) of money decreases over time. Inflation affects the prices of everything around us.

Generally speaking, inflation can be caused by a number of factors. The recent surge in inflation has been driven, at least in part, by supply chain issues, pent-up consumer demand and economic stimulus from the pandemic.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/investing/inflation#:~:text=Inflation%20affects%20the%20prices%20of,When%20will%20inflation%20go%20down%3F

Conclusion
During the recovery from the pandemic, most industrialized economies have experienced substantial increases in inflation. We find that food and energy accounted for a smaller share of inflation acceleration in the U.S. than in the rest of the OECD data set. Strong U.S. demand for durable goods has driven its inflation acceleration, while also pushing up durable goods prices worldwide. Further, larger fiscal stimulus packages and tighter labor markets are associated with greater inflation acceleration across countries.

https://www.chicagofed.org/publications/chicago-fed-letter/2022/470

and more:

The Inflation Reduction Act, enacted a year ago, did a lot of things. Reducing inflation likely wasn’t one of them—at least not yet.

On August 16, 2022, President Joe Biden signed a bill making a slew of changes to the tax code,
Inflation Reduction Act: Did It Reduce Inflation?
Inflation, as measured by the 12-month change in the Consumer Price Index, has fallen significantly since Joe Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act in August 2022. However, most economists cite broader economic trends, rather than the bill, to explain the decline.

https://www.investopedia.com/inflation-reduction-act-probably-hasnt-reduced-inflation-7644782

Is the Act is another False Democrat promise.

And again, let's discuss perceptions of the voters. Most voters do not approve of Biden's handling of the US Economy.

How do voters feel about the economy?
The poll finds that 26% of the electorate rates economic conditions as excellent or good while 73% regards them as just fair or poor. Twenty-two percent believe that they are better off than they were four years ago, compared to 52% who believe that they are worse off.

and more, same source:
Sixty-five percent of voters rate the economy as good during Trump’s presidency, compared to 38% under Biden.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/how-voters-feel-about-the-economy-4-takeaways-from-the-latest-polls/#:~:text=The%20poll%20finds%20that%2026,that%20they%20are%20worse%20off.

and don't forget:
"The economy, stupid"
JP4Fun

Postby HitRed on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:04 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Image

Correct. The US dollar being the world’s reserve currency causes inflation to all the worlds holders of it.
Captain HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:56 am

HitRed wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Image

Correct. The US dollar being the world’s reserve currency causes inflation to all the worlds holders of it.

Everyone is playing the same game here regardless of currency, even if the US dollar is still dominant. I'm sure you've looked at the M2 of the Euro, Yuan, Yen, right? Let's not even get started on South American and African currencies.

Theres really only one currency out there whos rate of new supply is steadily decreasing.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:33 am

I heard halfing is going to be in all the news soon. Is Bitcoin perfect, incorruptible? If so, it would be the the first human creation that is.
Captain HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:07 pm

HitRed wrote:I heard halvening is going to be in all the news soon. Is Bitcoin perfect, incorruptible? If so, it would be the the first human creation that is.

No one knows for sure but it's the closest thing going. It's reached a point of significant enough decentralization it's can't be 51% attacked which means no one can change the rules. The price can still be manipulated (that's nothing new lol), but nothing/no one can change the supply and nothing/ no one can remove it from your possession.

The biggest remaining 'threats' to bitcoins security if they were to come to pass would be so big that bitcoin would be the least of the worlds problems. Super computers/ai breaking the wallet encryption is one, but if that happens countries would lose control of their nuclear codes and the whole traditional financial system would instantly break down (similar or inferior forms of encryption currently hold these secrets). Another would be some form of EMT attack that permanently takes offline electricity (nothing would really happen to bitcoin, people just wouldn't be able to use it or anything else that runs of computers/electricity). So like I'm not one to say stuff is impossible, but the stuff that can truly make it go to zero are 'civilization ending' type of black swan events.

Halvening was looking like 4/20 which would have been amazing, but now looks like it's going to be 4/19. it's based on randomized block size so it's impossible to predict perfectly.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:30 am

Just what we do NOT need: MORE Spending by Biden.

WASHINGTON, March 26 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden pledged that the federal government will pay the full cost to rebuild the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, one of the nation's busiest arteries that collapsed hours earlier on Tuesday after being struck by a massive freight ship.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-says-federal-government-will-fund-baltimore-bridge-rebuild-2024-03-26/

With the wreckage of Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge behind him, President Joe Biden on Friday promised the city that the “nation has your back” in rebuilding the bridge and reopening its pivotal port.

Biden reiterated that the federal government would cover the full cost of repairs, even as conservatives in the House balk at the idea.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/05/biden-promises-rebuild-baltimore-bridge-00150863

I already discussed that Biden seems to campaign like a Congressman, overly concerned about bridges and other infrastructure over other fiscal matters. Biden is too small-minded, and that was true BEFORE his mental (and physical) decline. Dr. Jill, tell your husband he is too old, too feeble, and too weak for another term.

Let's wait and see what the ship, its company, and its insurance will pay before we promise FULL costs. STUPID Biden. Let's go Brandon.

Baltimore Bridge Collapse
How much will the Baltimore bridge reconstruction cost?

How much will rebuilding cost?
Using New York’s Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge — also known as the Tappan Zee Bridge — as a comparison, rebuilding will cost between $1 billion and $5 billion, said Justin Marlowe, a research professor at the University of Chicago’s Harris School of Public Policy.

https://www.marketplace.org/2024/04/02/how-much-will-the-baltimore-bridge-reconstruction-cost/
JP4Fun

Postby pmac666 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:06 am

Ohhh no, that bridge will ruin the US.
Im with Justplayformaga, just let it rot there. :lol:

Meanwhile in the real world....

US Growth to Lap G7 Peers, IMF Predicts
The US economy will grow twice as fast as any of its major Western peers this year.

https://www.thedailyupside.com/economic ... -predicts/
Major pmac666

Postby Pack Rat on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:25 am

MAGAs only platform on economics is more tax cuts for the rich. More wealth transfer to the top richest families.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:46 am

Pack rat shows once again that he does not understand economics. He barely grasps politics; he knows only what he reads on liberal websites and blogs and that he hates Trump or anyone who voices a modicum of support for one of Trump's ideas.

This is his feeble attempt at a rebuttal to my long post, a weak and hackneyed Democrat line.

'Nuff Said.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Pack rat shows once again that he does not understand economics. He barely grasps politics; he knows only what he reads on liberal websites and blogs and that he hates Trump or anyone who voices a modicum of support for one of Trump's ideas.

This is his feeble attempt at a rebuttal to my long post, a weak and hackneyed Democrat line.

'Nuff Said.

Once again you show your autistic, narcissist and silliness in ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF YOUR MAGA OPINIONS.

Yes, I hate Trump, as anyone who loves democracy and follow Jesus's philosophy of goodwill to ALL PEOPLE.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby pmac666 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:58 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Pack rat shows once again that he does not understand economics. He barely grasps politics; he knows only what he reads on liberal websites and blogs and that he hates Trump or anyone who voices a modicum of support for one of Trump's ideas.

'Nuff Said.

You have a lot of confidence for someone whos wrong on pretty much everything.
I like that.
Major pmac666

Postby pmac666 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Pack Rat wrote:MAGAs only platform on economics is more tax cuts for the rich. More wealth transfer to the top richest families.

Who created that myth that repubs are any good at the economy?
Atleast since Bush1 its not even a match. And that by every metric.
Its like the Kansas City Chiefs vs a girls high school flag football team.

But im sure Justplayformaga will immediatly tell us how terrible everything is.
And that Joe Biden is old. lol
Major pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am

Pack Rat wrote:

'Nuff Said.

Once again you show your autistic, narcissist and silliness in ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF YOUR MAGA OPINIONS.

Yes, I hate Trump, as anyone who loves democracy and follow Jesus's philosophy of goodwill to ALL PEOPLE.[/color][/size][/b]

I ALREADY proved that I am NOT MAGA and here you go again, p-rat, more throw-away lines, more drivel, more ad-hominem attacks. These are simply weak and pathetic responses from a weak and feeble mind.

And you are simply wrong again. Why do all those Christians support Trump? They certainly do not believe your LIES, p-rat. PATHETIC REBUTTAL.

btw:
autistic, narcissist and silliness

lacks parallel form; one adjective and two nouns. PATHETIC, p-rat

If the adjective describes both nouns, no comma is needed. Learn some grammar, too, p-rat.
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 am

What went wrong with California's economy?

But California's booming economy has taken a hit lately, thanks to liberal policies that have taken root. Things like tax hikes, hefty regulations and policies were progressive but failed to produce positive outcomes. According to The Economist, “The state faces three overlapping challenges: rising unemployment, growing fiscal strains and population outflows.”

The California Center for Jobs and the Economy found that California’s economy may actually drop from fifth best in the world. The state’s GDP growth was 32nd in the nation last year thanks to revenue drops from rising unemployment, among other factors.

There are a few indicators of where the state's economy is heading. The cost of high gas and housing prices are ushering in an affordability crisis. California now has the highest unemployment rate in the country. That’s more than a million unemployed workers.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/gov-newsom-and-california-show-why-liberals-can-t-be-trusted-with-the-economy/ar-BB1lLFkA?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=4e2698e0dfaa4b49b573789bfeeb5f1c&ei=19
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:22 pm

Why is a MAGA cult follower so worried about a BLUE STATE? Should he/she be more worried about improving the 9 out of 10 STATES which are RED that have the highest poverty rates?

Silly MAGA follower...

Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:12 pm

You lose again, p-rat. Biden falling behind, AGAIN:

Former President Trump is leading President Biden among potential voters in the upcoming presidential election, an Emerson College Polling national survey released Thursday found, with Biden’s polling rate dropping since early April.

Trump leads Biden 46 percent to 43 percent, according to the poll. Support for Biden dropped 2 percentage points since the previous Emerson College poll in early April, while Trump’s polling stayed at 46 percent.

Another 12 percent reported being undecided, according to Thursday’s results. When undecided voters were pressed to pick a candidate, Trump’s support rose to 51 percent, while Biden’s climbed to 48 percent.

When independent candidates were thrown into the mix, support for Trump dropped to 44 percent and 40 percent for Biden. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. received 8 percent of support, another 8 percent reported being undecided, and 1 percent supported Cornel West.

Among issues that voters cited as most critical in forming their opinion of each candidate were the economy and immigration. When asked about specific economic issues, 70 percent said they think the cost of living is rising, and that 70 percent was more likely to support Trump over Biden, the survey found.

“Voters who think the cost of living is rising support Trump over Biden, 56% to 32%,” said Spencer Kimball, executive director of Emerson College Polling. “Those who feel the cost of living is easing or staying the same support Biden over Trump, 94% to 6% and 67% to 18%”

https://thehill.com/homenews/4601727-trump-leads-biden-in-latest-national-poll/

No matter how the data is sliced, p-rat's great hope BIDEN ("let's go Brandon...!) is behind. Is anyone besides GaryD and p-rat surprised? NO, and certainly not ConfedSS and Saxi.

and one more poll:

In the most recent prior Marquette Law School Poll, conducted Feb. 5-15, 2024, Trump was the choice of 51% and Biden the pick of 49% among registered voters, while Trump won 52% and Biden 48% among likely voters.

https://www.marquette.edu/news-center/2024/new-marquette-law-poll-finds-biden-trump-each-supported-by-50-registered-voters.php
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Why is a MAGA cult follower so worried about a BLUE STATE? Should he/she be more worried about improving the 9 out of 10 STATES which are RED that have the highest poverty rates?

Silly MAGA follower...

Lose again?

Let me remind you how you howl about the Blue State of California and I said what about your failing Red States.

You have no comprehensive skills and you can't reasonably debate any issues, since you can't even tell fact from fiction. Typical MAGA thinking...can't respond to a direct question, so you change the subject.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,