Conquer Club

Bath or shower?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Bath or shower?

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:51 pm

I may be old-fashioned or just ornery, but I want to relax in a bath, reading a book for a while.

You can't read a book in the shower unless it's one of those baby plastic books - and that's not gonna last you the whole five minutes. Unless you're Donald Trump.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Re: Bath or shower?

Postby KoolBak on Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:41 am

Dirty limey, takes 5 minutes showers. I bet Trump at least gets clean.

Gross.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Pack Rat on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:02 am

Trump must have some assistance lifting his flabs of fat to scrub off dirt, scum and fungi.
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:35 am

Yeah, the Donald gets real clean, when the diaper nurse gives him a sponge bath, then freshens up his drawers.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:48 pm

KoolBak wrote:Dirty limey, takes 5 minutes showers. I bet Trump at least gets clean.

Gross.

I think 'grimy limey' would have been a better insult.
Besides, see above, I almost always bath.
Meanwhile,
United States Environmental Protection Agency says that Americans use 1.2 trillion gallons of water per year showering. 1.2 trillion gallons of water is enough to fill 2.6 million Olympic swimming pools and enough to fulfill the water usage of NYC for 5 years!

Shocked? There’s hope that amount will decline when everyone in the United States contributes to reducing their average shower time. Always remember how many countries such as Africa, suffer from lack of water due to water shortages. We bet no one wants to fight for a bottle of water. Motivate yourself to shower in 5 minutes and save the planet!

Postby Lonous on Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:05 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Always remember how many countries such as Africa, suffer from lack of water due to water shortages. We bet no one wants to fight for a bottle of water. Motivate yourself to shower in 5 minutes and save the planet!

Major Lonous

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:20 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
United States Environmental Protection Agency says that Americans use 1.2 trillion gallons of water per year showering.

Assuming 330 million Americans showering daily, and converting from Disney to normal, that's just over 45 liters per shower.

The average shower head uses 12 liters per minute, meaning the average American either has daily showers of less than 4 minutes each, or only showers once every 2-3 days.

It's surprising, because the US is pretty much the biggest consumer of water in the world. If that water's not being used to wash, what is it being used for?

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

Gazans killed by Israel's illegal invasion: 35,272
Gazan hospitals destroyed in Israel's illegal invasion: 24 of 36
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby KoolBak on Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:57 pm

2dimes wrote:Yeah, the Donald gets real clean, when the diaper nurse gives him a sponge bath, then freshens up his drawers.

Yeah, you got the prezzies mixed up.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Pack Rat on Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:07 pm

KoolBak wrote:
2dimes wrote:Yeah, the Donald gets real clean, when the diaper nurse gives him a sponge bath, then freshens up his drawers.

Yeah, you got the prezzies mixed up.

Nope, I'm sure 2dimes knows what he typed out. But, nice pathetic try on your part
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:34 pm

To be honest I'm just going by rumors I read here.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=239909&p=5295440&hilit=Diaper#p5295440

It does seem more likely the current guy would need them. But I suspect, I am just used to watching cherry picked videos of him looking frail, confused and old.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:45 pm

Lonous wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:Always remember how many countries such as Africa, suffer from lack of water due to water shortages. We bet no one wants to fight for a bottle of water. Motivate yourself to shower in 5 minutes and save the planet!

We have deserts, we don't live there. Um, Las Vegas? Phoenix? (Feel free to join in)

Postby Lonous on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm

You're ruining the funny! You pee in the bathtub don't you?
Major Lonous

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:10 pm

Only in the shower.
My Brother used to have a line to mock his friends when they were being nice to a girl... he's say to the girl "I bet you think he's so posh he doesn't pee in the shower!"

Postby GaryDenton on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:35 pm

Conservatives are buried so deep in what their fake media dumps out they don't know what the rest of the country has known for years.

Yeah, the Donald gets real clean, when the diaper nurse gives him a sponge bath, then freshens up his drawers.

True.

#DiaperDon Trump has worn adult diapers since well before he became president. It is in several books and interviews with critics and occasionally, leaks out, pun intended, in other ways.

One big clue, his personal physician for decades was a gastroenterologist.

Most liberals and the so-called liberal media are just too darn polite to mention this.

I am not a good liberal, I have applauded Trump supporters killing each other off with fake medical advice. I applaud Saxi for overcoming his handicap.

I think it is fitting the guy who has fed his followers so much of the stuff has a personal diaper assistant.

A good liberal wouldn't laugh at a common health problem among the elderly and drug abusers.

But it goes along with Trump having more signs of being too old and having dementia and other mental issues than Biden.
Sergeant GaryDenton

Postby Votanic on Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:44 pm

Another option is to coat oneself in olive oil and then scrape off the oil, sweat, and dirt with a strigil.
I understand this was popular with the ancient Greeks and Romans and is still done in some places where water is scarce.
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby GaryDenton on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:04 pm

Should I ask my girlfriend to assist me with an oil down and scrape off?

Soaps were not around in the times of the Roman Empire. Instead when Romans went to bathe they rubbed olive oil all over their bodies and then scraped it off with a strigil, carrying away all the dirt and grime with it and leaving the skin silky and moisturized.
Sergeant GaryDenton

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:03 am

Written recipes for soap date back nearly 5,000 years,

Postby Marta6578 on Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:28 am

That sounds like a really fun and unique experience! I'm sure your girlfriend would be happy to help you with it. It could be a great way to bond and learn about Roman culture together. :D
GaryDenton wrote:Should I ask my girlfriend to assist me with an oil down and scrape off?

Soaps were not around in the times of the Roman Empire. Instead when Romans went to bathe they rubbed olive oil all over their bodies and then scraped it off with a strigil, carrying away all the dirt and grime with it and leaving the skin silky and moisturized.
New Recruit Marta6578

Postby 2dimes on Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:29 am

Is anyone going to mention, the purpose of the oil was to trap dirt and sweat, to keep the public bath water clean?
Corporal 2dimes

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,