Conquer Club

Israel

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Israel

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:53 am

Votanic wrote:
lokisgal wrote:are you trying to convert us? I can respect your religious views but I dont respect them being constantly tossed at us

The difference between religious and secular political proseletyzing is a false dichotomy.

Making moral claims is what creates subjectivity, not the proposed existence of a deity or other mythological dogma.

Atheistic, but moralizing, philosophers like to distance themselves from religion while ignoring their own unsupported biases.
For example, the phrase 'All men (or people) are created equal' has no objective basis, beyond subjective ethical or superstitious belief...

Agreed. All claims are subject to challenge and examination.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby bigtoughralf on Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:07 am

Israeli stormtroopers have entered a hospital on the West Bank and executed three fighters who were there receiving medical treatment:

https://www.reuters.com/world/first-dea ... 024-01-29/

They didn't care about the rules of war to begin with (25,000 Palestinians dead and count), now it seems like they don't even care about pretending their goal is purely about removing Gaza's leadership. It's just a blood sport aka genocide at this point, pure and simple.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:13 am

bigtoughralf wrote:Israeli stormtroopers have entered a hospital on the West Bank and executed three fighters who were there receiving medical treatment:

They didn't care about the rules of war to begin with (25,000 Palestinians dead and count), now it seems like they don't even care about pretending their goal is purely about removing Gaza's leadership. It's just a blood sport aka genocide at this point, pure and simple.

Israel did not say they will only kill Hamas leaders; Israel declared WAR ON Hamas. Look up that word WAR, ralph, as apparently you do not understand that ENEMY soldiers are TARGETS.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby kennyp72 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:14 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:Israeli stormtroopers have entered a hospital on the West Bank and executed three fighters who were there receiving medical treatment:

Israel did not say they will only kill Hamas leaders; Israel declared WAR ON Hamas. Look up that word WAR, ralph, as apparently you do not understand that ENEMY soldiers are TARGETS.

Even in war I am not sure you get to execute wounded and unarmed combatants.
Major kennyp72

Postby bigtoughralf on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:29 am

Right. It's quite literally a war crime.

But then again so is pretty much all the IDF's behaviour that's been documented throughout this thread and jp's been happily defending the lot.

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:35 pm

kennyp72 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

That is true of wounded soldiers, under the Geneva Convention.

However,
unlawful combatants, including terrorist organizations and organizations that harbor them, are not subject to Geneva Convention protection

and
An unlawful combatant, illegal combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a person who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of the laws of war and therefore is claimed not to be protected by the Geneva Conventions.

One of the three was a Hamas soldier. Although Hamas is generally accepted as a terrorist organization, it could be argued to be a government, so I guess a tenuous argument could be made for extending the rules of war to him. However, he was not the unarmed one, but an armed guard.

The other two were members of Islamic Jihad, recognized as a dangerous terrorist group and definitely not a government, and so had only the status of ordinary run-of-the-mill street thugs. I suppose in peacetime one might give them a chance to surrender, and possibly they were given a chance, but given that the IDF soldiers were performing a risky manoeuver behind enemy lines, they can probably be forgiven for being a little trigger-happy.

Given further the fact that Hamas has made itself notorious for locating military facilities inside hospitals, I think the state of mind of anyone going into a situation like that would be to take no chances.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Votanic on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
kennyp72 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

However,
unlawful combatants, including terrorist organizations and organizations that harbor them, are not subject to Geneva Convention protection

and
An unlawful combatant, illegal combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a person who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of the laws of war and therefore is claimed not to be protected by the Geneva Conventions.

One of the three was a Hamas soldier. Although Hamas is generally accepted as a terrorist organization, it could be argued to be a government, so I guess a tenuous argument could be made for extending the rules of war to him. However, he was not the unarmed one, but an armed guard.

The other two were members of Islamic Jihad, recognized as a dangerous terrorist group and definitely not a government, and so had only the status of ordinary run-of-the-mill street thugs. I suppose in peacetime one might give them a chance to surrender, and possibly they were given a chance, but given that the IDF soldiers were performing a risky manoeuver behind enemy lines, they can probably be forgiven for being a little trigger-happy.

Given further the fact that Hamas has made itself notorious for locating military facilities inside hospitals, I think the state of mind of anyone going into a situation like that would be to take no chances.
'
Or. maybe how about:
"Given further the fact that Israel has made itself notorious for locating entire countries inside other people's territory, I think the state of mind of anyone going into a situation like that would be to take no chances."

Seriously, as long as you call one group, "terrorists" and the other group a "state" anything you say is just going to come off as slanted propaganda.
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:25 am

bigtoughralf wrote:Right. It's quite literally a war crime.

But then again so is pretty much all the IDF's behaviour that's been documented throughout this thread and jp's been happily defending the lot.

ralph missed the point, again, conveniently.

And ralph continues to ignore and deny the war crimes committed by Hamas. The attack on civilians by Hamas on Oct. 7 are well documented. And when the Israeli POWs and hostages are released, we will learn of more atrocities.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby kennyp72 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:39 am

Dukasaur wrote:
kennyp72 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

However,

and

The hospital in question is located in the West Bank.

The IDF soldiers were dressed as Arabic women and patients.

That command centre under Al shifa was something to behold wasn't it, just like the pre attack mockups that the IDF showed.
Major kennyp72

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:17 am

Duk: 'if someone meets the definition of unlawful combatant, then immediately disregarding the principles of international law and executing them while receiving medical treatment hundreds of miles away from the battlefield is groovy'.

Given that the IDF has been told by the UN that its decades-old occupation of Gaza and its ongoing invasion are both illegal, presumably Duk is now comfortable with swift retribution being dealt on IDF members no matter the location or method. Prison rules, baby!

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby HitRed on Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:36 pm

February 10, 24 Adoration

Seek me for I am gentle and humble of heart. For I am wise and lead all to eternal life. I am strong for those who are weak and find life heavy with its burdens. I give life giving waters to all who flee to me. Come to me and I will show you the mercies of God. I come to those who are quiet and humble before the presence of God. I speak in the silence of their hearts. I come and make my home within them. Come to that place there in your heart and find me there I am waiting for you. Come and see the loveliness of God in all His glory. Come speak directly to His Holiness and pour out your heart to Him. For we are one God three in one. I have no beginning and no end. I am here the God of Israel! Come see His majesty and glory.
Captain HitRed

Postby Votanic on Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:15 pm

First Israel post in ten days!
...and here I was thinking, "The war may not be over, but the news cycle is."

But then again, it is just one of those HitRed quasi-biblical quote posts, so I don't know if that really counts....

Postby HitRed on Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:15 pm

Votanic wrote:First Israel post in ten days!
...and here I was thinking, "The war may not be over, but the news cycle is."

But then again, it is just one of those HitRed quasi-biblical quote posts, so I don't know if that really counts....

He mentions Israel. O:)

I am here the God of Israel!

I think the world mostly forgot about operation footstool.

They [Israel] need to look to me and I will make their enemies my footstool. - God
Last edited by HitRed on Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:18 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
kennyp72 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

However,

and

Well said, Duk.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Votanic on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:39 pm

Dukasaur wrote:That is true of wounded soldiers, under the Geneva Convention.

However,

and

Everything you wrote here doesn't discredit Hamas or 'the Islamic Jihad'. In fact, it only discredits the Geneva Convention.
Frankly the Geneva Convention needs to be re-ratifed by all parties for it to be in anyway acceptable/applicable anymore.

Right now, all this is no more than unilateral pseudo-law and language manipulation.
Maybe Israel is a terrorist organization and Hamas is a country?
Other way around? Both? Neither?
Tomato? Tomato?
"You're a towel?"
"No, you're a towel!"

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:57 pm

Votanic wrote:

However,

and

Everything you wrote here doesn't discredit Hamas or 'the Islamic Jihad'. In fact, it only discredits the Geneva Convention.
Frankly the Geneva Convention needs to be re-ratifed by all parties for it to be in anyway acceptable/applicable anymore.

Right now, all this is no more than unilateral pseudo-law and language manipulation.
Tomato? Tomato?
"You're a towel?"
"No, you're a towel!"

I think that Votanic missed the points of Duk's post that I quoted. Please go back and re-read, Vot.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Votanic on Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Votanic wrote:

However,

and

Tomato? Tomato?
"You're a towel?"
"No, you're a towel!"

I think that Votanic missed the points of Duk's post that I quoted. Please go back and re-read, Vot.

No, this is a direct quote off of Duk's post. I'm not referring to anything you might have added.
Maybe you should go back and read it again.
Duke is arguing that Hamas and other such organizations are terrorists and then using that to say that the Geneva Convention shouldn't apply.
I'm pointing out that 'terrorist' is just a meaningless insult used to exclude some organizations from the "rights" (privileges really) that other organizations receive.

EU, NATO, Geneva Convention, even USA, all of these entities are just powerful gangs that their members use to legitimize themselves, nothing more.

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:55 am

Votanic wrote:

However,

and

I wasn't trying to discredit either. I was simply responding to ralf and kenny, who wanted to claim the legalistic protection of the rules of war for the slain terrorists. I simply pointed out that those rules don't apply. Hunting terrorist gangs is not the same as a war between civilized nations.

It's quite frankly total hypocrisy for these people supporting terror groups like Hamas to claim protection under the rules of war when the group they endorse has never tried to follow any rules and would not agree to them if given a chance.

Votanic wrote:Frankly the Geneva Convention needs to be re-ratifed by all parties for it to be in anyway acceptable/applicable anymore.

All the various Geneva Conventions were negotiated between European nations with a shared tradition of adherence to legal forms. That tradition isn't shared by all. The first Geneva Convention, in 1863, was negotiated among nations which not only had a European tradition of liberal democracy but also a shared tradition of Roman Catholicism and its allegiance to ancient ideas like the Peace of God. Later versions were broadened to larger groups of nations, but the core principles were still Eurocentric and basically Roman Catholic. The 4th and final Geneva Convention was signed in 1949 amidst the wild optimism of the early days of the United Nations, and although 164 nations signed it, probably less than a quarter of those ever had any intention of following it.

I don't disagree with you that in order to regain respect, it needs to be re-ratified and only among nations who actually believe in it, instead of asking Chad and Gabon and Maldives and China and 100 other corrupt dictatorships to taint it with their hypocritical signatures.

It still would never apply to gangs like Hamas, who have no intention of ever restricting their activities to open combat against uniformed soldiers, and have from their inception lashed out at civilian targets without hesitation or remorse.

Votanic wrote:Maybe Israel is a terrorist organization and Hamas is a country?

The legalities of both can be argued. Bottom line is that in modern times the legitimacy of a government is largely measured by its willingness to submit to popular enfranchisement.

Israel has held free and open multiparty elections from the opening bell. Hamas followed the communist playbook of winning one highly-manipulated election and never allowing another.

Draw from that what conclusions you will.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby HitRed on Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:00 pm

February 17, 24 Adoration

You speak very softly to those who mean much to you and even quieter to those who you take a stand with.

You must follow my will and stay the course. I protect you and watch over you all the day and all the night. I know your heart and you must not worry. I come like a thief in the night, not everyone is on guard and ready. Your brother is one that is not prepared. He has not made reparation to me. He has abandoned his faith and has put other gods in place of me. The time of choice has come. They serve pagan gods not me. The time of listening is gone. I am God!

Captain HitRed

Postby Pack Rat on Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:27 pm

HitRed wrote:
February 17, 24 Adoration

You speak very softly to those who mean much to you and even quieter to those who you take a stand with.

You must follow my will and stay the course. I protect you and watch over you all the day and all the night. I know your heart and you must not worry. I come like a thief in the night, not everyone is on guard and ready. Your brother is one that is not prepared. He has not made reparation to me. He has abandoned his faith and has put other gods in place of me. The time of choice has come. They serve pagan gods not me. The time of listening is gone. I am God!

...so your God admits, that there's other Gods. He also wants reparations? Thought you rightwingers are against reparations?

Guess you need to find a God who is stronger and has an ability to talk to us face to face.
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby HitRed on Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:57 pm

January 18, 24 Adoration

I speak, you listen to the voice of the Lord. I come softly to those who listen to my voice. I call mine to myself always. Come to me all who are burdened I shall give you rest. I come to my people and speak truly to them. My heart breaks for the lost and those who have turned away from the Lord your God. [Your brother] is not the only one who has walked away from my mercy, there are many others who have too.

He will not be at your right at the end?

He turned from me like many do. I am who I am, the Lord God Almighty, I announce there is salvation for those who accept my grace and mercy I offer to those who come to me. He did not. He turned away from me.

Lord, this makes me so sad and sick feeling.

I tell you this so that you may pray for others. My little one, rejoice in me the true King and Lord of all.
Captain HitRed

Postby kennyp72 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:49 am

Where do these religious quotes come from HitRed?
Major kennyp72

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:15 pm

The bat-shit crazy echo chamber that is his head.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby bigtoughralf on Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:54 pm

The head of Doctors Without Borders has today singled out the US Government for severe criticism, reprimanding it for repeatedly blocking UN resolutions that would require the IDF to observe a ceasefire in Gaza:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-02-22/

The Israeli invasion has now killed nearly 30,000 Gazans. The US continues to shield Israel from punishment. Palestinian children continue to die in their beds.

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,