Conquer Club

Argentina Elections: Nov 22

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Argentina Elections: Nov 22

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:45 pm

Will the world have its first libertarian president?

It's a pretty bad sign of the times when his Wikipedia page in describing his political views spends over a paragraph just describing different words that people have labelled him as. Labels aren't "views". They are the opposite. It is how people describe you, not how you describe the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Milei
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Argentina Elections: Nov 22

Postby GaryDenton on Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:07 pm

We have some of these anarcho-chaos agents here as well.

I see no problem with this Wiki entry after a quick cursory look.

Politically, Milei has been variously described as far-right,[3][4][5] ultraconservative,[6][7][8] and right-wing libertarian.[9][10][11] While Milei himself identifies as a minarchist or liberal-libertarian [es; fr],[12][13] he adheres to the philosophy of anarcho-capitalism.[14][15] Regarding economic matters, he is described as an ultraliberal,[16][17][18] aligns with the Austrian School, and contends that Argentina is a tax hell. He advocates for a swift reduction in government spending to achieve a balanced budget. He gained widespread recognition through regular television appearances where he criticized the administrations of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Mauricio Macri, and Alberto Fernández,[19] citing what he saw as their rampant spending and a lack of fiscal adjustment as concerns.[20] His proposed abolition of the Central Bank of Argentina and dollarization has been among the most controversial in economic matters,[21][22] the Argentine peso plunged and interest rates were raised in the aftermath of his August 2023 Argentine primary elections win.[23]

Several of Milei's political positions have caused controversy,[24] such as his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape,[25] the rejection of sex education in schools,[26] scepticism about COVID-19 vaccines,[24] support for the free possession of firearms by the civilian population,[27][28] promotion of the far-right Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory,[29] and climate change denial.[30] Due to those controversies, as well as his far-right political positions and radical conservative economic and social policies,[24][31] his primaries win has been considered an election upset,[32][33] and he has been characterized as a far-right populist.[34][35][36]
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby Lonous on Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:36 pm

Sounds like there politics down there aren't so different then ours up here.

So during his campaigning, he has been pointing out how the Argentinian government has diluted the value of their currency by following ll the other nations during covid and printing a ton of it. Its been massively devalued due to inflation, just like the U.S. dollar and most other currencies.

But now the Argentinian government has charged him for speaking it aloud, blaming him for it dropping, haha.
Some people have absolutely no shame how ridiculous their scapegoat is, as long as they have one to try and cover their ass.

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — A prosecutor launched a criminal case Friday against Argentina’s frontrunner in this month’s presidential elections, accusing Javier Milei of deliberately causing a drop in the Argentine currency when he encouraged citizens not to save in pesos.

https://apnews.com/article/milei-picard ... fec9d6f017
Major Lonous

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:46 pm

GaryDenton wrote:We have some of these anarcho-chaos agents here as well.

I see no problem with this Wiki entry after a quick cursory look.

Politically, Milei has been variously described as far-right,[3][4][5] ultraconservative,[6][7][8] and right-wing libertarian.[9][10][11] While Milei himself identifies as a minarchist or liberal-libertarian [es; fr],[12][13] he adheres to the philosophy of anarcho-capitalism.[14][15] Regarding economic matters, he is described as an ultraliberal,[16][17][18] aligns with the Austrian School, and contends that Argentina is a tax hell. He advocates for a swift reduction in government spending to achieve a balanced budget. He gained widespread recognition through regular television appearances where he criticized the administrations of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Mauricio Macri, and Alberto Fernández,[19] citing what he saw as their rampant spending and a lack of fiscal adjustment as concerns.[20] His proposed abolition of the Central Bank of Argentina and dollarization has been among the most controversial in economic matters,[21][22] the Argentine peso plunged and interest rates were raised in the aftermath of his August 2023 Argentine primary elections win.[23]

Several of Milei's political positions have caused controversy,[24] such as his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape,[25] the rejection of sex education in schools,[26] scepticism about COVID-19 vaccines,[24] support for the free possession of firearms by the civilian population,[27][28] promotion of the far-right Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory,[29] and climate change denial.[30] Due to those controversies, as well as his far-right political positions and radical conservative economic and social policies,[24][31] his primaries win has been considered an election upset,[32][33] and he has been characterized as a far-right populist.[34][35][36]

DON'T BE A LAZY FUCKWIT, EITHER EDIT OUT ALL THE MISSING CITATION LINKS OR DON'T BOTHER POSTING.

LAZY

LAZY

FUCKWIT
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Votanic on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Somebody say something about Evita Peron.
She's the only thing I know about Argentine politics and I want to keep it that way.
Captain Votanic

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:21 pm

Argentina will always be known for the Tango, hiding Nazis and losing the Falkland Island War.
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby Lonous on Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:50 pm

There was no way Argentina was gonna win against U.K. once the Brits decided to fight and declared war, but man did they punch above their weight.
Major Lonous

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:00 pm

I kinda liked him but then I read he wanted to make the U.S. dollar the official currency of Argentina, at which point I figured he must just be a charming moron.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Maxleod on Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:55 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Argentina will always be known for the Tango, hiding Nazis and losing the Falkland Island War.

German immigration to Argentina predates Nazism and WW2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Ar ... _Argentina

German immigration to Argentina occurred during five main time periods: pre–1870, 1870–1914, 1918–1933, 1933–1940 and post–1945.

And although Argentina "hid" some former nazis post WW2, they didn't HIRE them like the US did to build weapons (otherwise they would have won the Falkland Island War).
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:12 pm

Burn!
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Lonous on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:15 pm

:lol: :lol:
Major Lonous

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:29 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Argentina will always be known for the Tango, hiding Nazis and losing the Falkland Island War.

There's also steak and an increasingly good rugby team tbf.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Votanic on Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Steak? ...okay, steak.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to post it.

I don't know that much about Argentina, but I would guess this song must be widely reviled down there... as it is here.
Captain Votanic

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:30 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:rugby

No one knows what that is, Sandra.

Votanic wrote: I would guess this song must be widely reviled down there... as it is here.

I LOLed
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Votanic on Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:14 pm

I'm fairly new here. Should I expect a new forum thread every time one of the world's ~195 countries has an election?
and if so... then, why?
Captain Votanic

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:35 pm

Votanic wrote:I'm fairly new here. Should I expect a new forum thread every time one of the world's ~195 countries has an election?
and if so... then, why?

This is a very cosmopolitan crew.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Votanic on Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:05 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Votanic wrote:I'm fairly new here. Should I expect a new forum thread every time one of the world's ~195 countries has an election?
and if so... then, why?

This is a very cosmopolitan crew.

Ah yes, pink cocktails and fashion magazines. I did pick up on that vibe.
Captain Votanic

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:15 am

and if so... then, why?

This is a relatively interesting election.

Actually, I wanted to post about Poland's election, but I didn't have time. That's an interesting one too, but like I said I don't have time. Look it up...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:08 am

Lmao u guys know nothing about Argentina and Whoever thinks it's a good or interesting thing for Milei to win certainly know even less about politics. I thruthfully hope he does not win as it would be really bad for Argentina.

A song of a national rock group that talks a few things about Argentina both real and in a sarcasm way. I picked a video with English subtitles so u guys get it.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Votanic on Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:01 pm

Dukasaur wrote:didn't have time.

Dukasaur wrote:Look it up...:)

Dukasaur wrote:like I said I don't have time.

...and so on , and so on.

Don't 'why??' for me, Argentina?
Captain Votanic

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:25 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

It's like American football without adverts and safety padding.

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Votanic on Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:35 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Hmm, it must be like steak. Strictly Argentinian.
Captain Votanic

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:35 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

True story, first (of two) rugby match I was ever at it was with a Japanese guy and a German and we spent ages trying to figure out how much time was left in the match because the display in the endzone said 8 minutes remaining, but then they would add time so it would become 8:01 minutes and then it would become 8:02 minutes. So I asked a Britisher and he told me I was looking at a clock - that that was, in fact, the time (8:02 p.m.).
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:38 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

True story, first (of two) rugby match I was ever at it was with a Japanese guy and a German and we spent ages trying to figure out how much time was left in the match because the display in the endzone said 8 minutes remaining, but then they would add time so it would become 8:01 minutes and then it would become 8:02 minutes. So I asked a Britisher and he told me I was looking at a clock - that that was, in fact, the time (8:02 p.m.).

It's not your fault, it's the US government's chronic underfunding of the public school system.

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:41 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

It's not your fault, it's the US government's chronic underfunding of the public school system.

you've been giving me a lotta sass lately
Corporal saxitoxin

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,