Conquer Club

George Santos used campaign donations to purchase OnlyFans s

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

George Santos used campaign donations to purchase OnlyFans s

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:26 pm

House republicans still not willing to kick this guy out... what gives?

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/16/1213261293/george-santos-reelection-ethics-committee-report

New York Republican Rep. George Santos, who represents parts of Long Island and Queens, announced today he's dropping his bid for a second term after a House ethics report blasted him for criminal activity and lying to voters.

"I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed," Santos said on X, the social media site. "I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time."

Santos has already admitted lying about much of his life story to voters before winning a House seat in 2022.

Two of his campaign aides pleaded guilty to felony charges linked to his campaign and Santos himself has pleaded not guilty to 23 federal felony charges. His trial is expected to begin on Long Island next year.

The new report by the House Ethics Committee says a congressional probe found evidence of "alleged violations" by Santos that go beyond crimes detailed in the Justice Department's indictments. The committee referred their report to the department.

Investigators say cash contributed to Santos's election effort wound up being spent on personal expenses, including botox treatment, purchases at Hermes and Sephora and "purchases at OnlyFans."

"[D]espite his attempts to blame others for much of the misconduct, Representative Santos was a knowing and active participant in the wrongdoing," the report states. "Particularly troubling was Representative Santos' lack of candor during the investigation itself."

Santos, who has aligned himself with far-right members of the GOP caucus, maintains he committed no crimes and has described his lies as "embellishments" and "exaggerations."

Several House members have announced plans to file resolutions to remove Santos from office later this month when Congress returns from a Thanksgiving recess. Santos has already survived two attempts to remove him from office after several Republicans said they would withold judgment until after the release of the ethics report.

The report issued on Thursday concluded that Santos:

sought to "fraudulently exploit" every aspect of his House candidacy for personal profit
allegedly stole from his campaign, deceiving donors and channeling contributions for personal use
invented fictional loans to his own campaign to trick donors and Republican committees into contributing to his election war chest
While the report is often scathing, it proposes no specific actions be taken against Santos, who has already been stripped of his committee assignments.

Rep. Mike Lawler, also a Republican freshman from New York, renewed his call on Thursday for Santos to resign immediately without finishing his first term.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Re: George Santos used campaign donations to purchase OnlyFa

Postby Votanic on Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:34 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:House republicans still not willing to kick this guy out... what gives?

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/16/1213261293/george-santos-reelection-ethics-committee-report

New York Republican Rep. George Santos, who represents parts of Long Island and Queens, announced today he's dropping his bid for a second term after a House ethics report blasted him for criminal activity and lying to voters.

"I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed," Santos said on X, the social media site. "I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time."

Santos has already admitted lying about much of his life story to voters before winning a House seat in 2022.

Two of his campaign aides pleaded guilty to felony charges linked to his campaign and Santos himself has pleaded not guilty to 23 federal felony charges. His trial is expected to begin on Long Island next year.

The new report by the House Ethics Committee says a congressional probe found evidence of "alleged violations" by Santos that go beyond crimes detailed in the Justice Department's indictments. The committee referred their report to the department.

Investigators say cash contributed to Santos's election effort wound up being spent on personal expenses, including botox treatment, purchases at Hermes and Sephora and "purchases at OnlyFans."

"[D]espite his attempts to blame others for much of the misconduct, Representative Santos was a knowing and active participant in the wrongdoing," the report states. "Particularly troubling was Representative Santos' lack of candor during the investigation itself."

Santos, who has aligned himself with far-right members of the GOP caucus, maintains he committed no crimes and has described his lies as "embellishments" and "exaggerations."

Several House members have announced plans to file resolutions to remove Santos from office later this month when Congress returns from a Thanksgiving recess. Santos has already survived two attempts to remove him from office after several Republicans said they would withold judgment until after the release of the ethics report.

The report issued on Thursday concluded that Santos:

sought to "fraudulently exploit" every aspect of his House candidacy for personal profit
allegedly stole from his campaign, deceiving donors and channeling contributions for personal use
invented fictional loans to his own campaign to trick donors and Republican committees into contributing to his election war chest
While the report is often scathing, it proposes no specific actions be taken against Santos, who has already been stripped of his committee assignments.

Rep. Mike Lawler, also a Republican freshman from New York, renewed his call on Thursday for Santos to resign immediately without finishing his first term.

I think Santos will do a Reverse-Trump and segue from politics into reality television. The Unreal House Rep of Washington D.C., or something like that.
Captain Votanic

Postby jimboston on Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:35 am

I agree he should’ve been removed immediately, but partisanism “trumps” (sic) the ability to see right-from-wrong.

He’s not the only corrupt elected official, Senator Menendez (Democrat/NJ) is still in office.
I’m sure there are many others I only notice the big one’s.

Then we have all the octogenarians who should probably move on.

Our government is falling apart and still people play partisan politics.

It’s sad.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:22 am

mookiemcgee wrote:House republicans still not willing to kick this guy out... what gives?

They've got a slim majority and every vote is precious.

I'm sure if the pillow guy could get elected they'd put him on the Armed Services Committee.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:37 am

I see your points about 'it's a slim majority, and others are also corrupt' and I raise you this

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:41 am

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/17/joel-greenberg-matt-gaetz-488993
ORLANDO, Fla. — A former friend and ally of Rep. Matt Gaetz formally pleaded guilty Monday to multiple federal charges, including sex trafficking a minor, ID theft, stalking and fraud, bringing his broad crime spree to an end and officially marking a new chapter in the investigation of the embattled congressman.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:59 pm

Dukasaur wrote:https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/17/joel-greenberg-matt-gaetz-488993
ORLANDO, Fla. — A former friend and ally of Rep. Matt Gaetz formally pleaded guilty Monday to multiple federal charges, including sex trafficking a minor, ID theft, stalking and fraud, bringing his broad crime spree to an end and officially marking a new chapter in the investigation of the embattled congressman.

Matt Gaetz may be a pedophile but at least he doesn't lie about being gay like George Santos.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:40 pm

What a legend. Instead of selfishly spending campaign cash just to get himself reelected, he is generously using it to support content creators. Way to go, King!
Corporal saxitoxin

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,