Conquer Club

Border Security Bill

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Border Security Bill

Postby pmac666 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:08 pm

Really exciting months ahead. Hope you will all have as much fun as i will have.

Here a little schedule:

Important dates in Trump prosecutions, 2024:

January 11: New York State Attorney General Letitia James' team will make closing arguments in a civil lawsuit alleging that the Trump Organization seriously exaggerated the value of its real estate assets. Judge Arthur Engoron has already agreed with James' arguments; however, the bench trial's ultimate outcome will determine the amount of penalties that Trump and his company owe.

January 16: The civil trial in a defamation lawsuit by journalist E. Jean Carroll will commence. Though Trump has already been found liable for defaming Carroll, and was ordered to pay her $5 million in a separate lawsuit, this trial will determine how much Trump has to pay in damages in this case."

January 29: Trump is "slated to go to trial in New York" in a civil lawsuit that, "accuses him and his company of defrauding plaintiffs by promoting a multi-level marketing scheme, though Trump has a pending motion to dismiss the case."

March 4: Trump's criminal trial in special counsel Jack Smith's election interference case is scheduled to begin. Could "get delayed" as the federal courts continue to grapple with Trump's "presidential immunity" claims.

March 25: The Stormy Daniels criminal trial being prosecuted by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg Jr. is scheduled to get underway.

May 20: The federal criminal trial in Smith's Mar-a-Lago documents case against Trump is scheduled to begin.

The further in the future these dates are the more they are subject to change. Fani Willis RICO case is scheduled to begin on August 5 but she has indicated that she is ready as early as February and can slide in if any cases are delayed.
Major pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:40 am

Since pmac was too lazy, indifferent, and/or biased to read what I posted earlier, let me answer his question here (Duk had asked me the same question in another thread):

by pmac666 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:28 pm

Now to his words, heres a speech from January last year on immigration, can you please point me to the inviting words for poor Miguel?

Re: Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border
Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:04 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:
It was Biden's words and actions at the very start of his Administration that ENCOURAGED immigrants.

Which words? Please indicate exactly which words you think encouraged people to immigrate.

Remarks by President Biden on Border Security and Enforcement
HOME
BRIEFING ROOM
SPEECHES AND REMARKS
Roosevelt Room

11:54 A.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Hi, everybody. Sorry to keep you waiting. There’s a lot going on.

Today, I’d like to — the Vice President and I would like to talk you about how my administration is dealing with our situation in the southwest border.

Now, these actions alone that I’m going to announce today aren’t going to fix our entire immigration system, but they can help us a good deal in better managing what is a difficult challenge.

On my first day in office, some of you may recall, who cover this area — and they cover it well — I sent Congress a comprehensive piece of legislation that would completely overhaul what has been a broken immigration system for a long time: cracking down on illegal immigration; strengthening legal immigration; and protecting DREAMers, those with temporary protected status, and farmworkers, who all are part of the fabric of our nation.

(...)
Today, my administration is taking several steps to stiffen enforcement for those who try to come without a legal right to stay, and to put in place a faster process — I emphasize a “faster process” — to decide a claim of asylum, someone who says, “I’m coming because I’m escaping oppression.” Well, there’s got to be a way to determine that much quicker for people who are credibly seeking protection from persecution.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... n%3B%20and

President Biden has issued the following immigration-related Executive Orders (EOs) and administrative policy changes since his first day in office:

Proclamation on Ending Discriminatory Bans on Entry to The United States – January 20, 2021

Executive Order on the Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities – January 20, 2021
Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) – January 20, 2021

Proclamation on the Termination Of Emergency With Respect To The Southern Border Of The United States And Redirection Of Funds Diverted To Border Wall Construction – January 20, 2021

Executive Order on Ensuring a Lawful and Accurate Enumeration and Apportionment Pursuant to the Decennial Census – January 20, 2021

Memorandum Reinstating Deferred Enforced Departure for Liberians – January 20, 2021
US Citizenship Act of 2021

DHS Statement on the Suspension of New Enrollments in the Migrant Protection Protocols Program – January 20, 2021

Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Non-Immigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus Disease – January 25, 2021

Executive Order on Creating a Comprehensive Regional Framework to Address the Causes of Migration, to Manage Migration Throughout North and Central America, and to Provide Safe and Orderly Processing of Asylum Seekers at the United States Border – February 2, 2021

Executive Order on Restoring Faith in Our Legal Immigration Systems and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts for New American – February 2, 2021

https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-exe ... nd%20Yemen.
there are more, but these seem the most relevant

#3 More:
Key facts about U.S. immigration policies and Biden’s proposed changes
BY JENS MANUEL KROGSTAD AND ANA GONZALEZ-BARRERA

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... d-changes/

Since President Joe Biden took office in January 2021, his administration has acted on a number of fronts to reverse Trump-era restrictions on immigration to the United States. The steps include plans to boost refugee admissions, preserving deportation relief for unauthorized immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and not enforcing the “public charge” rule that denies green cards to immigrants who might use public benefits like Medicaid.

Biden has also lifted restrictions established early in the coronavirus pandemic that drastically reduced the number of visas issued to immigrants. The number of people who received a green card declined from about 240,000 in the second quarter of the 2020 fiscal year (January to March) to about 79,000 in the third quarter (April to June). By comparison, in the third quarter of fiscal 2019, nearly 266,000 people received a green card.

Biden’s biggest immigration proposal to date would allow more new immigrants into the U.S. while giving millions of unauthorized immigrants who are already in the country a pathway to legal status. The expansive legislation would create an eight-year path to citizenship for the nation’s estimated 10.5 million unauthorized immigrants, update the existing family-based immigration system, revise employment-based visa rules and increase the number of diversity visas. By contrast, President Donald Trump’s administration sought to restrict legal immigration in a variety of ways, including through legislation that would have overhauled the nation’s legal immigration system by sharply reducing family-based immigration.

are those enough words and actions, Duk?
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:55 am

GaryDenton wrote:Republicans gave up governing and solutions in favor of political theater long ago. They want to campaign on migrants. They reject solutions.

In the meantime, quietly under Biden, there are fewer undocumented here now than under Trump.

Are you crazy? This statement is FALSE, FAKE NEWS. Period.

GaryD again shows his pro-liberal biases.

And the House, under Republican "control" by a very small margin, has introduced an immigration bill:

Introduced in House (12/01/2023) To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to eliminate the per-country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants, to increase the per-country numerical limitation for family sponsored immigrants, and for other purposes.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/6542/text#:~:text=Introduced%20in%20House%20(12%2F01%2F2023)&text=To%20amend%20the%20Immigration%20and,immigrants%2C%20and%20for%20other%20purposes.

Due to 2024 being an election year, I doubt much will get done to pass this bill.

The negotiations in the Senate, TIED to foreign aid for Ukraine and Israel, has a great chance of making needed reforms:

https://immigrationimpact.com/2023/12/01/senate-negotiations-could-wreck-asylum/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-immigration-negotiations-unlikely-this-week-ukraine-israel-aid-rcna129122

I think this issues has many hurdles and many "villains." No real immigration reform has occurred since the bill passed under Reagan.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/99th-congress/senate-bill/1200#:~:text=Immigration%20Reform%20and%20Control%20Act%20of%201986%20%2D%20Title%20I%3A%20Control,employment%20any%20alien%20knowing%20that

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA or the Simpson–Mazzoli Act) was passed by the 99th United States Congress and signed into law by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act altered U.S. immigration law by making it illegal to hire illegal immigrants knowingly and establishing financial and other penalties for companies that employed illegal immigrants. The act also legalized most undocumented immigrants who had arrived in the country prior to January 1, 1982.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986#:~:text=The%20act%20required%20employers%20to,or%20recruit%20unauthorized%20immigrants%20knowingly.
JP4Fun

Postby pmac666 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:06 pm

Thats very true, i also refuse to read it now cause i fully trust Duks judgement.
Yours? Not at all.....
Major pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:58 pm

pmac666 wrote:Thats very true, i also refuse to read it now cause i fully trust Duks judgement.
Yours? Not at all.....

Troll

You may have LEARNED something, IF you are open-minded and bothered to read.
JP4Fun

Postby pmac666 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:03 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
pmac666 wrote:Thats very true, i also refuse to read it now cause i fully trust Duks judgement.
Yours? Not at all.....

Troll

You may have LEARNED something, IF you are open-minded and bothered to read.

Thats true, i amassed a ton of knowledge fact checking the likes of yours.
Major pmac666

Postby pmac666 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:25 pm

Thats interesting:

A border deal to nowhere? House GOP ready to reject Senate compromise on immigration

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/03/poli ... index.html

“Let me tell you, I’m not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,” Rep. Troy Nehls, a Texas Republican, told CNN. “I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I? Chuck Schumer has had HR 2 on his desk since July. And he did nothing with it.”

As im saying, reps arent interested in solving the border problem.
It would take their biggest talking point away. And prolly the only half serious one.
Major pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 pm

pmac666 wrote:Thats interesting:

A border deal to nowhere? House GOP ready to reject Senate compromise on immigration

“Let me tell you, I’m not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,” Rep. Troy Nehls, a Texas Republican, told CNN. “I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I? Chuck Schumer has had HR 2 on his desk since July. And he did nothing with it.”

It would take their biggest talking point away. And prolly the only half serious one.

You forgot the Economy and foreign policy. You have a limited world view, especially when it relates to the USA.

And you forgot the Senate, too. What did they get done? You are so myopic and so biased, pathetic pmac.

All Biden has is the "threat to Democracy posed by Trump." I hear Biden say NOT one word on ALL his accomplishments because THERE ARE NONE, except DEI. Biden's whole campaign, like pmac, is "Be afraid of Trump..!..." What a Troll you are, pmac, and what crap from Biden.

Of course, Trump keeps playing the "election in 2020 was stolen from me" song and dance. IDIOT Trump, almost as big a moron as pmac. His ego is almost as large, too. And Trump is a sore loser. If Trump accepted his loss in Nov. 2020, most of his problem would not have occurred. What an idiot Trump is.
JP4Fun

Postby pmac666 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:49 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

You forgot the Economy and foreign policy. You have a limited world view, especially when it relates to the USA.

All Biden has is the "threat to Democracy posed by Trump." I hear Biden say NOT one word on ALL his accomplishments because THERE ARE NONE, except DEI. Biden's whole campaign, like pmac, is "Be afraid of Trump..!..." What a Troll you are, pmac, and what crap from Biden.

Of course, Trump keeps playing the "election in 2020 was stolen from me." IDIOT Trump, almost as big an idiot as pmac.

Your economy is doing very nicely and i doubt you can criticize him much on foreign policy (ofc you will see that differently) and i have no clue what that has to do with a Texas rep refusing to do anything for your border.
And its crazy to think that theres a president whos not touting his accomplishments from every rooftop. What a concept. And that speech, which was pretty good again, was obv about democracy (the first one who triumphantly claims that youre a constitutional republic will get a cookie) and not about any of his accomplishments. He simply stayed on topic, another great forgotten concept for presidents.
But the economy is speaking for itself and you could google Bidens accomplishments, there are plenty and that will not take you aslong as your next whiney post here.
And i never said be afraid of Trump, i want him on the ballot, i want the full enjoyment of him losing again.

@Duk, am i doing good in ignoring the insults? 8-)
Last edited by pmac666 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major pmac666

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:51 pm

Yes.

JP, try to avoid the insults, please.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Votanic on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:09 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Yes.

JP, try to avoid the insults, please.
'
So now even calling a troll, a troll, is off the table? ...or 'idiot', basically the same thing.
So what is this really?
Is somebody filling up your Inbox everytime he decides his feelings are hurt?
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:45 am

HitRed wrote:Isn’t trespassing prima facie?

Remember, HR, that some do not understand Latin. :D

But yes, it is, imo.
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:33 am

Look at what I enlarged above, from pmac's own source. He must have missed it. I see this as more evidence that Democrats, like Biden and Schumer, have no intent to fix the border issue. What IDIOTS they are. And Trolls like pmac want to put ALL the blame on Republicans and especially those in the House of Representatives.

You stumbled there pmac. Go back and fact check your own sources.
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:37 am

Pack Rat wrote:
pmac666 wrote:Bye Felicia.

Did I hear that jusplay4fun is taking his ball home?

Not the first time he had a temper tantrum, lol.

No temper tantrum, Pack Rat. I have decided to ignore fools like you. You merely parrot liberal lies and engage in continuous and incessant obfuscation. You show little to no thought of your own. You cannot engage in civil discourse. There is little point in wasting more of my time with the likes of you and pmac.
JP4Fun

Postby pmac666 on Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:39 am

jusplay4fun wrote:

Look at what I enlarged above, from pmac's own source. He must have missed it. I see this as more evidence that Democrats, like Biden and Schumer, have no intent to fix the border issue. What IDIOTS they are. And Trolls like pmac want to put ALL the blame on Republicans and especially those in the House of Representatives.

Hope youre not wondering why this has not much bipartisan support and is pretty much a non starter. (dont feed the troll btw :lol: )

"Build a wall while slashing immigrant services ​
H.R. 2 would require the federal government to wall off at least 900 miles of the U.S.’s roughly 2000-mile border with Mexico, resuming all Trump-era plans that were interrupted by the former president’s electoral defeat in 2020.

To do so, the bill would require the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to waive all legal requirements — such as environmental review or historical site review — to get the wall built as quickly as possible.

It also would offer $110 million per year to the border forces being set up by states including Texas, often in open defiance of the federal government — with money that would in part be balanced out by defunding any nonprofits that provide services to undocumented immigrants. "

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4390 ... 0in%202020.

According to the link it also:

Purges the U.S. workforce of undocumented workers.
Slashes asylum. ​
Ends protections for migrant children.​
Doesn’t address legal immigration.

That ones dead in the water.
Major pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:06 pm

pmac666 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Hope youre not wondering why this has not much bipartisan support and is pretty much a non starter. (dont feed the troll btw :lol: )

H.R. 2 would require the federal government to wall off at least 900 miles of the U.S.’s roughly 2000-mile border with Mexico, resuming all Trump-era plans that were interrupted by the former president’s electoral defeat in 2020.

To do so, the bill would require the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to waive all legal requirements — such as environmental review or historical site review — to get the wall built as quickly as possible.

It also would offer $110 million per year to the border forces being set up by states including Texas, often in open defiance of the federal government — with money that would in part be balanced out by defunding any nonprofits that provide services to undocumented immigrants. "

Slashes asylum. ​

and, as usual, with trolls like pmac, he fails to refute my latest claim. Keep trollin' pmac.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:24 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
pmac666 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/03/politics/senate-immigration-negotiations-congress/index.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4390204-5-things-to-know-about-border-bill-hr2-gop-shutdown-threats/#:~:text=Build%20a%20wall%20while%20slashing,president's%20electoral%20defeat%20in%202020.

Slashes asylum. ​

and, as usual, with trolls like pmac, he fails to refute my latest claim. Keep trollin' pmac.

Refute what latest claims? Pmac666 and others have provided graphs, statistics and othe relevant documents.

Your standard responses of other posters intellect and calling others troll is becoming your call card. Really jusplay4fun, you are becoming a silly caricature of some rabid rightwing nut job.

People who support the insurrectionists are insurrectionist
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:27 pm

Pack Rat wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:
pmac666 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Slashes asylum. ​

Refute what latest claims? Pmac666 and others have provided graphs, statistics and othe relevant documents.

Your standard responses of other posters intellect and calling others troll is becoming your call card. Really jusplay4fun, you are becoming a silly caricature of some rabid rightwing nut job.

Typical Pack Rat. He failed TO READ the basic and simple point that I made. Get off the Troll wagon and do something simple, like READ, silly Pack Rat.

And I provided sources (unlike pmac, most of the time) and statistics that pmac and other trolls ignore and/or cannot refute. So do not be so quick to judge, you silly Rat; otherwise, your ignorance continues to show itself.

I have not shown any support for any insurrection, so don't go there with that Fake News.

Don't be a Rat or a Troll. And if the label fits, you wear it proudly, Pack Rat.
JP4Fun

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:40 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:and, as usual, with trolls like pmac, he fails to refute my latest claim. Keep trollin' pmac.

Typical Pack Rat. He failed TO READ the basic and simple point that I made. Get off the Troll wagon and do something simple, like READ, silly Pack Rat.

And I provided sources (unlike pmac, most of the time) and statistics that pmac and other trolls ignore and/or cannot refute. So do not be so quick to judge, you silly Rat; otherwise, your ignorance continues to show itself.

I'm sorry. I've scrolled back all the way through this page, and fail to see the "basic and simple point" that you made.

I see an awful lot of you calling people trolls and whatnot, but if somewhere along the way you actually made a point, please restate it for the benefit of a dummy like me.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:49 am

Pack Rat wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:
pmac666 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Slashes asylum. ​

Here you go, Duk:

pmac, the troll he is (and it is NOT merely name calling, but TRUE) quoted a source and I went back to read more carefully and realized that he contradicted himself. He wanted to blame Republicans, especially Trump and House Members, for the border crises. Well, the Democrat Leader of the Senate, failed to act on HR 2 which deals with the border. He never acknowledge that and I pointed that out to him. As with most trolls, he ignored his own post and his own error. NOTE that I enlarged that portion for him.

Summary: H.R.2 — 118th Congress (2023-2024)All Information (Except Text)

Shown Here:
Passed House (05/11/2023)
Secure the Border Act of 2023

This bill makes various changes to immigration law, including by imposing limits on asylum eligibility and requiring employers to use an electronic system to verify the employment eligibility of new employees.

DIVISION A--BORDER SECURITY

This division requires certain actions related to border security.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2
JP4Fun

Postby lokisgal on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:14 pm

whos going to mow the lawn and wash the dishes at mar a largo if people dont come across the border?
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:41 pm

lokisgal wrote:whos going to mow the lawn and wash the dishes at mar a largo if people dont come across the border?

is Florida, and Republicans still fully in favor of illegal Cubans coming crossing... Unclear if Cubans work standards are on par with Mexicans so I've cancelled my membership in 2024.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby lokisgal on Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:33 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
lokisgal wrote:whos going to mow the lawn and wash the dishes at mar a largo if people dont come across the border?

is Florida, and Republicans still fully in favor of illegal Cubans coming crossing... Unclear if Cubans work standards are on par with Mexicans so I've cancelled my membership in 2024.

I lived in Flori-duh for 20 years - Cubans are not taking jobs like picking strawberries or cleaning up peoples poo
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KoolBak on Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 am

I've enjoyed seeing your power return to the forum LG. Keep these tools in line! :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,