Conquer Club

Secular Reasons to Believe in Jesus

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Secular Reasons to Believe in Jesus

Postby pmac666 on Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
pmac666 wrote:When i see Vots posts the radio in my head goes immediatly on and plays that one line from that pumpkins song over and over.

You know "despite all my rage im still just a rat in a cage". :lol:

Okay, you just saw me give him a warning for ad-hominems. This isn't an invitation for you to go "na-na-na-na-na!" and thumb your nose in his face. Please comport yourself like a gentleman.

Yes sir!
I will try to be a good christian (its no lie, its my first name lol) and turn my other cheek when he goes on a insulting spree again (seems he cant help himself).

Colonel pmac666

Postby HitRed on Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:47 pm

relaxing Latin Rosary
Captain HitRed

Postby Votanic on Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:42 pm

If any Christian/Curious folk out there want to go down a wild rabbit hole online, you must check out Chynna Phillips Youtube videos.
But be sure to book yourself 4 or 5 hours of trip-out time because once you start you are going to want to binge watch 6 or 8 of her videos at a time.

Yes, the blonde lady from Wilson-Phillips, daughters of Papa John and Mama Michelle, wife of a Baldwin brother. That Chynna Phillips.

This is Celebrity Confessional at its finest. Very-personal name-dropping tales that create a truly uncanny melange of fame & fortune, privilege & pain, glamour & trash, degradation & redemption, total-relatability & total-not-relatability. It is a must-see cultural treasure.
Even if you are not Christian, just pretend you are for a few hours.
(I don't know, if you are Christian, you might want to pretend you are not for a few hours.)

Which one to see first? The one with her sister? The one with her mother? The one with Mama Cass's daughter?, The one about her career? The one where she wonders if her husband is going to be 'saved'? The one about being raped during a coke-binge? I dont know?? Just watch them all!

Peace in Christ/Pizza Crust

Ooh! I haven't seen this one yet... but you know that will change before my next post.
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:25 am

Studies show that involvement in a religious group allows those members to live longer:

A recent study finds that people who regularly attend religious services live approximately four years longer than average. Researchers built the study from previous data suggesting that social interaction, volunteer work, and healthy habits can lead to a longer life. While one could point to gym memberships and service clubs as offering similar results, there are unique benefits to church attendance that are difficult to measure. Consistent engagement with a community of believers deepens faith, enriches the soul, and may be the real key to longevity.

https://www.apu.edu/articles/why-do-religious-people-live-longer/#:~:text=A%20recent%20study%20finds%20that,lead%20to%20a%20longer%20life.

A number of studies have shown associations between attending religious services and living a long time. One of the most comprehensive, published in JAMA Internal Medicine in 2016, found that women who went to any kind of religious service more than once a week had a 33% lower chance than their secular peers of dying during the 16-year study-follow-up period. Another study, published last year in PLOS One, found that regular service attendance was linked to reductions in the bodyā€™s stress responses and even in mortalityā€“so much so that worshippers were 55% less likely to die during the up to 18-year follow-up period than people who didnā€™t frequent the temple, church or mosque.

You donā€™t have to become a nun to get these health benefits, however. The simple act of congregating with a like-minded community might deserve much of the credit. Tyler VanderWeele, one of the authors of the JAMA study and a professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, says factors related to churchgoingā€“like having a network of social support, an optimistic attitude, better self-control and a sense of purpose in lifeā€“may account for the long-life benefits seen in his study and others.

Indeed, itā€™s also the values drawn from religious traditionā€“such as ā€œrespect, compassion, gratitude, charity, humility, harmony, meditation and preservation of healthā€ā€“that seem to predict longevity, not the dogma preached at the altar, says Howard Friedman, a professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside, and co-author of the book The Longevity Project.

Fostering these qualities may even affect rates of chronic disease, says Marino Bruce, a co-author of the PLOS One study and a research associate professor of medicine, health and society at Vanderbilt University. ā€œHaving that sense that youā€™re not in the world alone, that you are part of a power larger than oneself, can give one confidence to deal with the issues of life,ā€ Bruce says. ā€œBiologically, if that reduces stress, then that means youā€™re less likely to have high blood pressure or diabetes or things that can increase mortality.ā€

https://time.com/5159848/do-religious-people-live-longer/

also:
Researchers have shown, for example, that Americans who regularly attend religious services tend to live longer.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2019/01/31/religions-relationship-to-happiness-civic-engagement-and-health-around-the-world/#fn-31143-1
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Votanic on Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:31 am

pmac666 wrote:I will try to be a good christian (its no lie, its my first name lol) and turn my other cheek when he goes on a insulting spree again (seems he cant help himself).

Instead of going on a fake-ass virtue signalling charade based on a questionable name or alias, why don't you try to sincerely check your own constant 'insulting sprees'..
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:54 am

Don't feed the Trolls.

JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby pmac666 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:56 am

Votanic wrote:
pmac666 wrote:I will try to be a good christian (its no lie, its my first name lol) and turn my other cheek when he goes on a insulting spree again (seems he cant help himself).

Instead of going on a fake-ass virtue signalling charade based on a questionable name or alias, why don't you try to sincerely check your own constant 'insulting sprees'..

Where are they?
Since we are not in gc you can search them up and present them to us.
GL
Colonel pmac666

Postby KoolBak on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:06 am

What an ironic username for a "good Christian" :lol:

Hypocrite. Much like the rest of your ilk.

Really flex that neck manno....turn that cheek! You can do it!!

Have had you on ignore forever. I hate it when your shit gets quoted and I see it. So unpleasant.

Byyyyyyeeeeee.......
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby pmac666 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:47 am

pmac666 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
pmac666 wrote:
Yes sir!
I will try to be a good christian (its no lie, its my first name lol).....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colonel pmac666

Postby Lonous on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:02 am

HitRed wrote:relaxing Latin Rosary

Nice.
You're on this site, so thus a gamer.
Not sure if you ever played the Civ franchise.

The intro to the 4th edition is the Lord's Prayer, spoken in Swahili, and put to music.

Major Lonous

Postby HitRed on Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:05 pm

January 6, 24 Adoration

Do what the Lord asks of you for I am the Lord your God of heaven and earth. Come to me all who are weary and I will refresh you. My yoke is easy and burden light says the Lord. My hand is upon those who seek the will of the Lord. Many follow the way of the world and are lost. Come seek the Lord and His will for you. His will is perfect and true. I am the Lord your God who made you. Come seek me and my kingship over you.
Captain HitRed

Postby HitRed on Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:33 pm

January 7, 24 Adoration

The Great Shepherd

The Spirit came down upon me in that river so long ago. The same Spirit has come down on you in much the same way. Those who live in the Spirit know me as Lord and King, their God, the True One from the Father of all. Those who know me know my Spirit. I am the Great Shepherd who cares for His flock that He shepherds to grassy valleys and feeds them with care. I am the Good Shepherd who cares for you. Follow me.
Captain HitRed

Postby Votanic on Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:12 am

Now I want to see a Religious Reasons to Believe in Atheism thread.
I think we'll be able to recycle a lot of the same talking points.
Captain Votanic

Postby HitRed on Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:10 pm

January 13, 24 Adoration

I have called you to set you apart to be my own. I have called many only a few answer the call to open themselves truly to the Lord God of heaven and earth. Come to me always without fail run to me as you would your father. I am here waiting for you. Come to your Lord and Savior. I am the rock upon which life begins and upon which life takes its strength from. I am He who calls you deeper and closer to myself. Seek my will throughout this life.
Captain HitRed

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,