Conquer Club

What does the world think of Australia?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What does the world think of Australia?

Postby luns101 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Skittles! wrote:Luns, since you are the obviously the coolest American on this site, could you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind when you think of Australia?

Well, since you asked...

Major luns101

Postby KiwiTaker on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:55 pm

Lol the reason why Aussies and Kiwis jump the ditch so often is because it is so close and the flights are cheap. Oh and to all Aussies the All Blacks are gonna win the World Cup this year. :wink:
Sergeant KiwiTaker

Postby Skittles! on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:07 pm

KiwiTaker wrote:Lol the reason why Aussies and Kiwis jump the ditch so often is because it is so close and the flights are cheap. Oh and to all Aussies the All Blacks are gonna win the World Cup this year. :wink:

Oh please. That's lame. How many times has the Aussie's beaten the All Blacks in the past year? I don't know, but meh.

I hope France actually wins for that..
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:10 pm

static_ice wrote:well, everyone I know from australia likes computers :P

Shh, that's meant to be a secret. But, in reality, I hate computers. Haha.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby static_ice on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:24 pm

Skittles! wrote:
static_ice wrote:well, everyone I know from australia likes computers :P

Shh, that's meant to be a secret. But, in reality, I hate computers. Haha.

haha you must be a tortured soul then
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Serbia on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:26 pm

Anarchy Ninja wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
Serbia wrote:Yeah, well what about the funnel web spiders? You know, the ones that charge and attack children for fun, and frequently make their webs on your bed, so that you die from the bite in the night?

ROFL. Holy crap.. Where did you get that from? Funnel Web Spiders... How exactly did you even hear of them?

Every so often there's a show on TV that shows the funnel web spiders, and since it's tv, they make them out to be practicly an army of spiders that has declared war on all of humanity in Australia, and people have no hope of beating them back, because they're invincible, and dogs smaller than a sheep routinely get caught in the webs and have their insides drained entirely by the massive creatures, that are at LEAST the size of small rats.

:lol: That is hilarious, unless of course your being serious, in which case it's kind of sad :shock:

People who know me know I'm ALWAYS serious. Even when I'm exageratting. Greatly.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby CrazyAnglican on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:32 pm

Aussies are great! When I was backpacking in Europe, the coolest people to hang out with were the Aussies. Never met one abroad, or ever really, that wasn't cool.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby duday53 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:46 pm

when i think of australia i think

croc hunter :cry: dead
wildlife galore
watersports
mountains
sharks
desert/outback
steak
nice people
like to dance
got balls?
lalaland wrote:This is what I love about Spamalot... you click on a title to a thread, and you have no idea what you'll find inside...
Sergeant 1st Class duday53

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Yeah the mountains are... wait, did you say mountains?

Oh yeah you're from Ontario, carry on.

I was pretty confused when we went to the park to use the public BBQs. "What, this frying pan? I thought we were going to BBQ."

Silly canuck, I thought it would have a flame and a grill.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby duday53 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:46 pm

2dimes wrote:Yeah the mountains are... wait, did you say mountains?

Oh yeah you're from Ontario, carry on.

I was pretty confused when we went to the park to use the public BBQs. "What, this frying pan? I thought we were going to BBQ."

Silly canuck, I thought it would have a flame and a grill.
hell im 13...i dont know a lot about australia
lalaland wrote:This is what I love about Spamalot... you click on a title to a thread, and you have no idea what you'll find inside...

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Their mountains are kind of like your's. You seem to know a bit about it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby duday53 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:33 pm

ok

Postby Unit_2 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:56 pm

i think that Australia is a U.S wanna-be.
Lieutenant Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby High Guard on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Unit_2 wrote:i think that Australia is a U.S wanna-be.

I disagree, US is an Australia wana-be.
"To win without risk is to triumph without glory."
Pierre Corneille (1606 - 1684)
Private 1st Class High Guard

Postby luns101 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Thank goodness for the Australians who vacation in Hawaii or else I wouldn't be able to speak English to anyone while I was there in June.
Major luns101

Postby High Guard on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Australians are the coolest people to hang out with, they get the jokes, they know the places and the are relaxed and more open then any Americans, basically the best chaps. Did I mention they have the best accent? :D
"To win without risk is to triumph without glory."
Pierre Corneille (1606 - 1684)
Private 1st Class High Guard

Postby Iliad on Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:46 am

High Guard wrote:Australians are the coolest people to hang out with, they get the jokes, they know the places and the are relaxed and more open then any Americans, basically the best chaps. Did I mention they have the best accent? :D

Thanks guys. We are awesome!

And we have no earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos or anything like that. No seismic activities at all.

And the animals are a bit overrated. I have been living here for 5 years and I haven't met a single dangerous animal
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Skittles! on Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:50 am

Iliad wrote:
High Guard wrote:Australians are the coolest people to hang out with, they get the jokes, they know the places and the are relaxed and more open then any Americans, basically the best chaps. Did I mention they have the best accent? :D

And we have no earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos or anything like that. No seismic activities at all.

And the animals are a bit overrated. I have been living here for 5 years and I haven't met a single dangerous animal

Magpies are dangerous! Hahaha.
Private Skittles!

Postby Iliad on Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:51 am

Skittles! wrote:
Iliad wrote:

Magpies are dangerous! Hahaha.

Hey! Don't reveal the Aussie secret!
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Anarchy Ninja on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:16 am

Iliad wrote:

I only saw snakes and the like when I was a young child, I see spiders frequently and I've seen a shark once when sailing. Chances are you will only see them if you go to smaller or more rural towns, except aquatic things that want to kill you, I think they are pretty much everywhere :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Anarchy Ninja

Postby salvadevinemasse on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:24 pm

When I think of Australia I think of cute surfers, water, the bush, kangaroos and joey's, crocodile hunter ect.. Those are mostly what sticks in my head
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby Dmunster on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:28 pm

Iliad wrote:

I'll take a hurricane over a firestorm any day.
Corporal Dmunster

Postby DAZMCFC on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:51 pm

Skittles! wrote:
Neutrino wrote:
DAZMCFC wrote:my brother has lived in Sydney for about 8 years now. when he was first driving over there, he told us about the huntsman spider(big fucker none poisoness)ran across his dashboard and he shit himself. he loves it over there and my mother is going over at christmas again. :lol:

How the hell did he get a Huntsman in his car? They usually don't enter anything that hasn't been sitting there for a few years.

I do agree though, they are scary. Especially when you get the ones 2/3 the size of your hand :shock:

Huntsman go everywhere! I see them in the car all the time. And how can you be scared of them? They won't attack you. I always feel sorry for them when someone kills them cause they think they're poisonous. Poor spider. Hunstman are really cool though :]

you can be shit scared off them if your from Britain and you have never heard of them before. my brother only went out there because one of our mates went a couple of years earlier with his missus(he has split up since), he now lives in Perth with his wife.
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Iliad on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:33 am

Dmunster wrote:
Iliad wrote:

I'll take a hurricane over a firestorm any day.

If you live in a large city then firestorm is not a problem at all. Unlike hurricanes.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,