Conquer Club

What does the world think of Australia?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Skittles! on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:21 am

Neutrino wrote:
DAZMCFC wrote:my brother has lived in Sydney for about 8 years now. when he was first driving over there, he told us about the huntsman spider(big fucker none poisoness)ran across his dashboard and he shit himself. he loves it over there and my mother is going over at christmas again. :lol:

How the hell did he get a Huntsman in his car? They usually don't enter anything that hasn't been sitting there for a few years.

I do agree though, they are scary. Especially when you get the ones 2/3 the size of your hand :shock:

Huntsman go everywhere! I see them in the car all the time. And how can you be scared of them? They won't attack you. I always feel sorry for them when someone kills them cause they think they're poisonous. Poor spider. Hunstman are really cool though :]
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Jehan on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:23 am

dude huntsmens go anywhere if its near some form of shrubage, like my toilet window used to be, dang that was scary, in the morning, looking right above you and seeing a big huntsmen looking right at you. I cant really say about the tan since i'm sri lankan origin and have an awesome brown colouring.
Sergeant Jehan

Postby Skittles! on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:24 am

Jehan wrote:dude huntsmens go anywhere if its near some form of shrubage, like my toilet window used to be, dang that was scary, in the morning, looking right above you and seeing a big huntsmen looking right at you. I cant really say about the tan since i'm sri lankan origin and have an awesome brown colouring.

So damn jealous of your heritage :cry:
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Neutrino on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 am

Skittles! wrote:
Neutrino wrote:
DAZMCFC wrote:my brother has lived in Sydney for about 8 years now. when he was first driving over there, he told us about the huntsman spider(big fucker none poisoness)ran across his dashboard and he shit himself. he loves it over there and my mother is going over at christmas again. :lol:

How the hell did he get a Huntsman in his car? They usually don't enter anything that hasn't been sitting there for a few years.

I do agree though, they are scary. Especially when you get the ones 2/3 the size of your hand :shock:

Huntsman go everywhere! I see them in the car all the time. And how can you be scared of them? They won't attack you. I always feel sorry for them when someone kills them cause they think they're poisonous. Poor spider. Hunstman are really cool though :]

Hmmm, im my house, you won't find them anywhere except boxes that haven't been touched for years.

Must be a New South Wales thing.
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby Syzygy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 am

What do you call two sheep tied to a pole in Australia?

A playstation.

:wink: I'm only playing. :wink:
I like Australia, I went there once... ages ago. It was great. :D
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Postby Balsiefen on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:30 am

Anarchy Ninja wrote: But is that all people think of us? Sexy tans dangerous animals and kangaroos?

Yep, pretty much. Thats why no-one hates you, unlike the UK & US :wink:

As far as polotics is concerned you must be the most press ignored nation in the world.
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby Skittles! on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:31 am

Syzygy wrote:What do you call two sheep tied to a pole in Australia?
A playstation.

I think you're talking about New Zealand there. They're the ones with the sheep. :lol:
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:31 am

Balsiefen wrote:
Anarchy Ninja wrote: But is that all people think of us? Sexy tans dangerous animals and kangaroos?

Yep, pretty much. Thats why no-one hates you, unlike the UK & US :wink:

As far as polotics is concerned you must be the most press ignored nation in the world.

Not the most.. But we are fairly ignored with a lot of things. Which is a reason why I made this thread.
Private Skittles!

Postby Balsiefen on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:33 am

Skittles! wrote:
Syzygy wrote:What do you call two sheep tied to a pole in Australia?
A playstation.

I think you're talking about New Zealand there. They're the ones with the sheep. :lol:

i know that In wales they call it a lesure centre
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby Titanic on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:04 am

I like Australia, went there for a 4 week holiday in 2004. Great country, love the people, amazing natural landscapes. However, you should sign up to Kyoto, as you will be hit very hard. The Barrier Reef rocks btw, its amazing.
Major Titanic

Postby Dmunster on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:18 am

I worked at a very popular restaraunt here in the US for a number of years called Outback Steakhouse. Trust me, Australia is very romanticized by America. I live in the yacht capital of the world now and lots of the mates and captins are Kiwi and Ozzie. For the most part cool people, the dudes can be a little arrogant but the chicks are fuckin crazy. I was hangin out with this chick from New Zeland for a few months and she was a blast. Very down to earth, loved to party her ass off and was pretty hot. I've met a bunch playing EQ and WOW too. They have all been good people.
Corporal Dmunster

Postby glide on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:24 am

I served with many Aussies and a few Kiwis when I was a firefighter in the service.....and found we got along great. Canada and Aust. are very similar in their attitudes, economy, and goals. That's probably why there are so many moving or at least visiting each others country......got nuthin' but good to say about them. :wink:
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Corporal 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby radiojake on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:39 am

Man,

That's pretty funny if that is the actual perception...

I've got a guy who grew up in new york and went to college in LA living with us at the moment for 6 to 12 months... depending on how long he wants to stay down here.

He said everyone he knows thinks australia is pretty much what you guys have all said... i thought he mightve just have been being nice

apparently not
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby radiojake on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:42 am

Titanic wrote:I like Australia, went there for a 4 week holiday in 2004. Great country, love the people, amazing natural landscapes. However, you should sign up to Kyoto, as you will be hit very hard. The Barrier Reef rocks btw, its amazing.

I think 90% of australian's would want to sign to the treaty

John Howard's face is so far up Bush's ass that it isn't going to happen.

That's why Australia won't ever be regarded seriously on politics... because i'm sure if Kevin Rudd (opposition leader) wins the election in november that he'll do exactly the same thing.

It's like that futurama episode where the two guys going for presidency were John Jackson and Jack Johnson

same shit, different smell
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 am

Okay, steering away from politics, and back on to what I think of Australia, a really hot place, a lot of desert, a lot of marsupials, salt water crocs, Great Barrier Reef, and wildlife everywhere.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby AlgyTaylor on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:24 am

Skittles! wrote:Kangaroos aren't everywhere, amazingly enough.

You're just saying that ... I've seen Skippy. ;)
Corporal AlgyTaylor

Postby Nephilim on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 am

ok here's what i've heard about oz from friends who live there or have had lots of interaction w/ aussies:

--very friendly people, fun-loving and funny
--at the same time, emotionally reserved, not likely to express deeper feelings, reticent to really open up to others
--a bit self-conscious about their relative anonymity on the world stage (thus, the thread)
--can be a bit crazy, possibly alcoholic
--a bit more "secular" than americans (like the rest of the developed world)
--laidback, w/ a "she'll be rite, mate" attitude
--relatively conservative, and unfortunately, an ugly history of racism over there

.....well, that's what i've heard, and i'm pumped to learn more cause i'm moving over there in a few months, cheers :D :D :D
Liberté, egalité, cash moné

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:44 am

Pro's

* I've always wanted to visit Australia

* Sexiest female accent on Earth (my first childhood crush was Olivia Newton-John) :wink:

Con's

* Western Brown Snake and Death Adder (two of the most deadliest snakes in the world)

*Funnel Web Spiders (as mentioned already, ranks up there with the deadliest spiders in the world)
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Guiscard on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:55 am

Most Australians I've met have been great people. Seems like a nice place really. I get the impression there's a lot of problems under the surface (some pretty intense racism for example) which generally gets ignored by the outside world, though... All we see is BBQs and being able to wear shorts all year round.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Simonov on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:24 am

a big island/country and small continent far at the south of the world. most of interior is a dessert. big cities are mostly concentrated in the coastal area.

many strange animal life there, like kangaroo, wallabies etc.

they were once a british colony (like most of the new world) and majority of people there are descendants either of british convicts who where shipped there or prison guards.

people there constantly claim that dingos are eating their babies :shock:

it's the homeland of steve irwin - the crocodile hunter.man was a legend, may he r.i.p.

i have a good opinion about aussies, they usually keep to themselves and mind their own business. they don't have the best reputation considering their intelligence - usually considered to be dumb but harmless. but i don't think that's true, just like any other stereotype.

ouch .. almost forgot one of best rock bands in history was from downunder - AC/DC!

rock on!!! :twisted: .dirty deeds done with sheep .. beeeeeeeee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby High Guard on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:26 am

I love Australia it's the country of my dreams, I'm going to move there the first chance I get. Also one of my friends has moved to Australia and she says it rocks.
"To win without risk is to triumph without glory."
Pierre Corneille (1606 - 1684)
Private 1st Class High Guard

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Australia--one of Earth's paradises, yes?

That's pretty much the summing up of stereotypes about Australia.

How clement a reputation.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby static_ice on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:17 pm

well, everyone I know from australia likes computers :P
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby dcowboys055 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:54 pm

Australia....

Croc hunter, kangaroos, and lots of heat.
XI since August '06
Captain dcowboys055

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,