Conquer Club

Abortion

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What is your stance on abortion?

Total votes : 0

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Salva- try page 22. there's some before that as well.

vt- there's a difference between self-defense and killing the innocent.

Malkithe wrote:Banning something doesn't make it go away, it only hides it.

There is no way you can expect people to stop doing something which makes their lives immensely easier if all you do is say "naughty naughty" and don't act upon it.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby vtmarik on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:49 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote:vt- there's a difference between self-defense and killing the innocent.

OnlyAmbrose wrote:I am anti capital punishment as well. The general policy of the Catholic church is that ending human life is bad

So, it's self-defense now to execute criminals.

My sole point is that the label "Pro-Life" is a misnomer.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:07 pm

I always find it sill playing with semantics, but I'll address this:

vtmarik wrote:So, it's self-defense now to execute criminals.

No it's not. Life imprisonment keeps criminals off the street essentially as effectively as capital punishment, and is arguably cheaper.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Postby vtmarik on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:17 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote:I always find it sill playing with semantics, but I'll address this:

No it's not. Life imprisonment keeps criminals off the street essentially as effectively as capital punishment, and is arguably cheaper.

Then why don't pro-lifers crusade against capital punishment? If they are indeed pro-lifers and not merely anti-abortionists...
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:24 pm

vtmarik wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:I always find it sill playing with semantics, but I'll address this:

Then why don't pro-lifers crusade against capital punishment? If they are indeed pro-lifers and not merely anti-abortionists...
And that is where I step in. I see abortion as not giving the child a chance at life, you are ending it before the child can even get it started. For some crimes though, like child-molesting or serial killers, I believe that they had their chance, and lost it by committing these crimes. But that is just the way I see it. :wink:
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:24 pm

vtmarik wrote:

Most Catholic pro-lifers do. JPII's culture of death spiel really caught on.

Postby Bellhop on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:53 pm

edwinissweet wrote:i was strictly prolife til i read wat that asshole on top of me said. now i believe that people like him should be aborted and shitted on.,

Is that right? Well you may not like the truth. Babies are not productive and are only there to create trouble. Frankly if you get a girl and want a boy, or just aren't ready for a kid yet, kill the baby and spare yourself the negative change that will last for the rest of your life.
Cadet Bellhop

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:03 am

Bellhop wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:i was strictly prolife til i read wat that asshole on top of me said. now i believe that people like him should be aborted and shitted on.,

Is that right? Well you may not like the truth. Babies are not productive and are only there to create trouble. Frankly if you get a girl and want a boy, or just aren't ready for a kid yet, kill the baby and spare yourself the negative change that will last for the rest of your life.

edwinissweet-
How dare you EVER tell someone they should have been aborted.. the fact that you have no value for the life of someone just because their opinion is different shows just how immature you truely are. How high school of you to assume one persons life is worthless just because they believe differently. What makes you god? Even jay isnt that bad.. *Calls Jay over on this one*

Bellhop-
Your turn.. He may have said some pretty mean shit.. and Yeah in a way they aren't exactly productive..but neither were you while your mother was cleaning your diapers. Did you start house work at 11 months? I doubt it!! No one starts that early. Babies have to learn like all of us do. The fact that you wanna throw away a life just because they aren't "productive and cause trouble".. Wow, how crule can a person get.. suggesting you abort a child just because you don't get a girl and want one.. What are babies to you? Purses? Because you can pick a purse, your right though you can't pick the gender of your baby.. What ever happened to giving your child away instead of this whole tear it up and throw it away and pretend it was never there attitude? Are you a parent? or were you at one point one and you both decided on an abortion?

I'm sincerely angry at you both for being such jerks.. you guys wanna flame each other use the flame wars dont use the abortion chat for that shit. now go away both of you till you both become civil *puts you both on time out*

~*SALVA*~
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby vtmarik on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:46 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:Most Catholic pro-lifers do. JPII's culture of death spiel really caught on.

I'll grant you that, but many of the Pro-Life organizations make no mention of capital punishment in their mission statements. In fact, many of them are simply anti-abortion groups posing as Pro-Life.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 am

vtmarik wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:Most Catholic pro-lifers do. JPII's culture of death spiel really caught on.

I'll grant you that, but many of the Pro-Life organizations make no mention of capital punishment in their mission statements. In fact, many of them are simply anti-abortion groups posing as Pro-Life.

That's because many pro-life organizations aren't Catholic. But all the Catholic ones will certainly be anti-capital punishment as well.

Postby vtmarik on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:26 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

That's because many pro-life organizations aren't Catholic. But all the Catholic ones will certainly be anti-capital punishment as well.

Ok, so Catholic pro-lifers are indeed Pro-Life. Spiffy.

Now let's get the rest of those morons relabeled to avoid this confusion in the future.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:36 am

vtmarik wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

Ok, so Catholic pro-lifers are indeed Pro-Life. Spiffy.

Now let's get the rest of those morons relabeled to avoid this confusion in the future.

lmao! Good one VT
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:37 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

I would think that most of the pro-life organizations were either catholic or baptists

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:43 am

salvadevinemasse wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

I would think that most of the pro-life organizations were either catholic or baptists

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Christian denominations are pro-life (or anti-abortion if you prefer vt :P ).

Postby vtmarik on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:44 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Christian denominations are pro-life (or anti-abortion if you prefer vt :P ).

Well, I'm sure the Unitarian Universalists don't have a singular opinion on the matter. :P
Cadet vtmarik

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:46 am

wow, that was fast you two!! lol

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby spurgistan on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:57 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Christian denominations are pro-life (or anti-abortion if you prefer vt :P ).

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_hist1.htm

Not exactly. While anti-abortion views predominate among the worldwide Christian community, it's not the same with all of us.

Holla at me, my Episcopalians.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby Coleman on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Ignoring all this fucking debate and responding to the first post

I support legalized abortion because the absence of it is too horrific to imagine. People will still abort, and if a safe legal method is not available their only option will be 'something else'. That something else may be coat hangers in an ally way, permanently damaging their internal organs. It might be a black market doctor; someone who typically flunked out of med school, or in some cases hasn't bothered to study medicine at all. Some people might even poison themselves, convinced they can kill the fetus and not die themselves.

So, I don't think abortion is right. I believe it is a necessary evil, and it is better to regulate it then to ban it.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,