Conquer Club

fk the pantry

Anything Pantry related matters

Moderators: Pantry Team, Community Team

fk the pantry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:42 pm

why does this still exist?

why are we letting bad players get systematically farmed over and over again?

i’ve asked hopalong nicely and not nicely to stop including my games in the pantry, and now i even see my name in the thread title.

the last game of mine he filled was unlimited quads. people on the opposing team, invited by hop, made literally zero forts.

they lose in a very boring stomp of a game.

in however long he’s been doing this, i haven’t had a single competitive game via the pantry.

so f*ck off and stop adding my games to this.

you’re not helping anyone. it’s not a useful service. it just gives you a misplaced sense of self worth while 3rd hand farming bad players.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: fk the pantry

Postby detlef on Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:45 pm

I honestly have no idea why this sort of thing should even exist. Seems idiotic.

I'lll expand on my point.

Who benefits when random and inexperienced players are coerced into joining a game vs a highly skilled player on a map and settings that he's particularly good at? Not the inexperienced players. Because they'll just get their asses kick and not even know what happened. They won't be better players for the experience. They'll just say, "screw that map. I'm never playing that again." Not the player who initiated the map, unless he really just wants to farm noobs and waste his time beating up on unskilled players.

So, again, why? If the goal is to make weaker players better, then we should be pairing them up with better players in team games. Hell, I'm not a bad player in my own right and THE ONLY WAY I ever figure out a unique map is to join a game ON THE SAME TEAM as a guy like Caff and have him coach me through the game. If I were to play against him on one of his favorite maps, with his preferred settings, I'd just get my ass kicked and likely be no closer to figuring the thing out by the time the game was over. Because, regardless of the map, if you don't know what you're doing from the start, by the time you start to figure it out, it's over and it doesn't matter what you do because now you have a better player, in better position, who is almost certainly out deploying you, to contend with. It's like learning to ski by being taken to the top of the mountain and sent down a double black diamond run. There's a reason why there's bunny slopes.

If the goal is to fill these games, well assuming the player initiating the game actually wants a proper game and not just slaughter some randoms, I'm guessing they'd rather not have it filled if that's the only option.

So, again, what is the point?
Colonel detlef

Make sweet love to the pantry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:17 pm

Quit your whining. I understand if you don’t like someone encouraging people to join your games, and that’s potentially valid.

I believe overall, the pantry is fun for a bunch of people here that feel like it helps get games started.

I agree you should be able to opt out if you don’t need or want your games filled. I’m going to guess they can’t figure that out, so maybe carry on with whining?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:11 pm

While I wouldn't say things quite like Caff...who just has way more charm than I...I will say that I completely agree that things have gotten out of hand with this project.

The reason the pantry was started was to fill games that were years old, yet we have games on this newest list that were created a few months ago only. And invites being sent repeatedly to people's games who directly request that NOT happen. I don't think it's whining to be upset when you are not being heard or respected.

Kudos to hopalong and Jdsizzleslice and others who helped "unclog the drain" so to speak, but I really think the pantry should only be involved for games that are over a year old and always with consideration to those who do not wish their games to receive random invites.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: Make sweet love to the pantry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:48 pm

2dimes wrote:Quit your whining. I understand if you don’t like someone encouraging people to join your games, and that’s potentially valid.

I believe overall, the pantry is fun for a bunch of people here that feel like it helps get games started.

I agree you should be able to opt out if you don’t need or want your games filled. I’m going to guess they can’t figure that out, so maybe carry on with whining?

a long time ago i requested hop to stop inviting people to my games via the pantry. i had to do this 3 times until it happened.

being the pedantic sweetheart he is, he still posted my games in the threads, and puts my name in the title. he just doesnt send invites.

every single person who plays against me via the pantry, loses.

i do not enjoy the games. my teammates dont. and i doubt my opponents do either.

why should all our experiences be ruined just for hopalong to be proud of himself?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Engage in carnal acts with the pantry

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:39 am

For the laffs?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby detlef on Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:08 am

2dimes wrote:Quit your whining. I understand if you don’t like someone encouraging people to join your games, and that’s potentially valid.

So, just so I have this straight. You agree that people who don't want their games put in the pantry should be able to opt out but to make that request is whining? Good to know.

Back to the main point. Say you start a game and nobody joins it. For over a year. What is so awful about just dropping it and trying a different game that people actually want? Seems better than filling it with a bunch of random noobs. I, for one, am here for challenging games. I see absolutely zero value or fun in laying waste to a bunch of cadets and cooks.

And, as I said in my initial post, this is not a way to make new players better. You don't get better playing on a super complicated map against someone who knows what they're doing. You get your ass kicked. You get better playing on a super complicated map WITH someone who knows what they're doing.
Colonel detlef

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:40 am

---------- =D> =D> =D> =D> ...Yeah :!: ...2dimes =D> =D> =D>
------------ Really caff...Stop making outrages settings that no one wants...your games would fill , without help...
------------ detlef,caff...Who?? Benefits....They do...they learn how to play...Best way to learn, an ass kicking...They might study the map they were just smashed on...Study, be better prepared next time...
------------ It would be much better to go back to lots and lots of months and years of unfilled games... :roll:
------------ Anytime a game can fill , anyone who can fill a game, even if created yesterday...Is to be appreciated...
------------- Hopalong is an unsung Hero of Conquer Club... Don't let the nay sayers rain on your parade Hoppy... =D> ..
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:48 am

-------There is a way , not to have people invited to your games Caff....They are called private games, passwords.....
--------------- See 2dimes there is a way.... Private games..If Caff wasn't crying....Caff wouldn't be Caff...Keep your wacky settings out of the public pool...You and detlef can play all the know it alls who hate newbies....all you want... :D
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) .

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:07 am

--------- Hopalong would send me invites...So I sent him a list of settings I don't play...99% of the time he respects my list....Or I let him know when I can play clean out the pantry...When I couldn't, he wouldn't send invites...When he sent me an invitation to a game I didn't want to join....Guess what??...I refused to join....The players that Hopalong invites to games...Have the option, not to join...That is in their hands...Their choice.... Hopalong doesn't automatically put people into games.... Respectively... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:29 am

nobody reads anything you say
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:12 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:nobody reads anything you say
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:22 am

--------------If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound??? :D :D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

Return to The Pantry