Conquer Club

shoop's dubs league (w=groovysmurf &Caymanmew) -

Tournaments Completed in 2020

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: shoop's dubs league (ONGOING) -

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:00 pm

I don't really have a substitute here and prefer to continue on with Cayman. I don't understand why thing need to be sped up so much.

How about a compromise...four games every two weeks until the tourney ends? Cayman is fine with this as am I. Doable?
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby benga on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:22 am

groovysmurf wrote:I don't really have a substitute here and prefer to continue on with Cayman. I don't understand why thing need to be sped up so much.

How about a compromise...four games every two weeks until the tourney ends? Cayman is fine with this as am I. Doable?

agreed, pick 4 games and and leave the others open
I do have freemium playing so it will be doable
Sergeant benga

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:11 am

benga wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:I don't really have a substitute here and prefer to continue on with Cayman. I don't understand why thing need to be sped up so much.

agreed, pick 4 games and and leave the others open
I do have freemium playing so it will be doable

Awesome! Thanks and done. :)
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Elaterate on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 am

I'm just now realizing that a brand new team has jumped into this tournament which is kinda odd in my opinion.

Also Teams are getting credited with wins when they lost or tied matches from rounds that have already been played. Can you explain how this makes sense?
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 am

Elaterate wrote:I'm just now realizing that a brand new team has jumped into this tournament which is kinda odd in my opinion.

Also Teams are getting credited with wins when they lost or tied matches from rounds that have already been played. Can you explain how this makes sense?

Subs are common in tournaments, but if you feel this is unfair to your team I will remove my team. I was afraid that more teams will drop out.
Sergeant benga

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:43 am

I agree with E, remove your team, if you do have mass dropouts and need to add teams then ok but for now, I don't think it is necessary and very much unfair.
Major Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Elaterate on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:40 pm

I know about subs/reserves because I've had to use them in some of my tournaments but I've never completely replaced an entire team so I really don't know how I feel about that cause I've never seen it in any other tournament before but wouldn't be surprised if it has happened before...

Main concern is I just don't get why teams scores would increase because of a team dropping out. If someone lost their round 2 game they shouldn't be getting 2 points for a round 2 win now. How is that fair to the teams that lost their games that round and don't have their score changed?

Example:
(numbers represent teams)

Round-1: 1-2 W // 2-1 L
Round-2: 1-3 L // 2-4 W
Round-3: 1-4 W // 2-5 W
Round-4: 1-5 L // 2-6 L

Tournament stalls... teams drop out...

Round-5: 1-6 // 2-3
Round-6: 1-7 // 2-8
Round 7: 1-8 // 2-9
Round 8: 1-9 // 2-7

Let's say Team 6 is the one that is scratched and you give Team 2 a win in Round 4 and Team-1 a win in Round 5 for those slots... Both Team 1 and Team 2 win the rest of their games... Team 2 would have a 1 game lead over Team 1 even though they lost the same amount of matches as Team 1.
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:47 pm

It's hard for me to check that while on vacation. The way to remove a team works simple, everyone gets a win vs them. I has one team drop out per group.

I will remove my team so no more confusion comes from that.
Sergeant benga

Postby Elaterate on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:58 pm

I understand that it's the simplest way to remove a team but I'm showing you a huge flaw in doing it that way. Two teams can finish "Tied" but one of them gets the win for the Tournament because their "record" shows 1 less loss
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Forgot there is 2 brackets but same thing applies... Two teams can finish "Tied" for the 2nd/Last spot in the bracket but one would advance with no tiebreaker needed because their record shows they lost 1 less match then they actually did.
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:41 am

So all teams that didnt get a chance to play the team that dropped out would get zero chance to win pts?
Sergeant benga

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 pm

please remove me
Major BabySasuke

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Replace Jack with callmenorcal please.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Elaterate on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:13 pm

You really need to fix the standings please. Team are not only getting points in Rounds where they lost or Tied a match but teams are also getting points in Rounds where they had a bye previously.
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 am

Elaterate wrote:You really need to fix the standings please. Team are not only getting points in Rounds where they lost or Tied a match but teams are also getting points in Rounds where they had a bye previously.

Everybody is getting the same points.
Sergeant benga

Postby Elaterate on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:59 am

benga wrote:
Elaterate wrote:You really need to fix the standings please. Team are not only getting points in Rounds where they lost or Tied a match but teams are also getting points in Rounds where they had a bye previously.

Maybe in your eyes but I've explained this before.... If after 7 rounds Team A has 12 points and Team B has 10 points but then you give Team B a win where they lost and a win where they had a bye in the first 7 rounds they are now getting +6 points they don't deserve and now ahead of Team A.

Can you at least explain how it is fair that a team that was sitting in 3rd or 4th place before you rescued the Tournament was moved up to 2nd place after you took over... without playing any games?
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Elaterate wrote:
benga wrote:

Maybe in your eyes but I've explained this before.... If after 7 rounds Team A has 12 points and Team B has 10 points but then you give Team B a win where they lost and a win where they had a bye in the first 7 rounds they are now getting +6 points they don't deserve and now ahead of Team A.

Can you at least explain how it is fair that a team that was sitting in 3rd or 4th place before you rescued the Tournament was moved up to 2nd place after you took over... without playing any games?

Like I explained before, I have nullified all the games from teams that are out, so all teams get the same points from those teams. There is no other way. Well there is, to get a new team in, but you then refused it as it isn't fair.
Sergeant benga

Postby Elaterate on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:59 pm

benga wrote: There is no other way. Well there is, to get a new team in, but you then refused it as it isn't fair.

Ummm... No, I didn't say replacing a team was unfair...

Elaterate wrote:I know about subs/reserves because I've had to use them in some of my tournaments but I've never completely replaced an entire team so I really don't know how I feel about that...

Main concern is I just don't get why teams scores would increase because of a team dropping out.

You're giving some teams more free points then others if one team scored 1 point in Round X because they tied a team that didn't drop out and another team is receiving 3 points in that Round even though in the previous schedule/bracket they received 0 points because they had a bye or 0 points because they had a loss against a team that dropped out but are now +3 where they other team is still +1... how are they receiving the same amount of points?
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:06 pm

and I'm also a little confused why my team just got 2 games against one opponent and 3 games against another
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Elaterate wrote:and I'm also a little confused why my team just got 2 games against one opponent and 3 games against another

A. 2nd place bracket 1 will play a best of 5 against 3rd place bracket 2. 3 games on 2nd place home map and 2 on other team.
B 3rd place bracket 1 will play a best of 5 against 2nd place bracket 2. 3 games on 2nd place home map and 2 on other team.

Elaterate wrote:

You're giving some teams more free points then others if one team scored 1 point in Round X because they tied a team that didn't drop out and another team is receiving 3 points in that Round even though in the previous schedule/bracket they received 0 points because they had a bye or 0 points because they had a loss against a team that dropped out but are now +3 where they other team is still +1... how are they receiving the same amount of points?

Don't you see that the teams that dropped out they all have L as losses listed, except benga/dingo team that has 2 wins vs the team that dropped out before them tkr4lf/ clanger35
Sergeant benga

Postby Elaterate on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm

I see that but what you don't see is this (this is just an example, not exact to the points that changed but close enough)...

Before teams dropped out...

Team A: 12 points after 4th Round with 4 wins (all opponents are still in)

Team B: 10 points after 4th Round with 3 wins and 1 Tie ( Tie is against team that dropped out)

Team C: 7 points after 4th Round with 2 wins, 1 Tie, 1 Loss (all opponents are still in)

Team D: 5 points after 4th Round with 1 win, 2 Ties, 1 Loss (2 Ties against teams that dropped out)

Now give those teams points where they played a team that dropped out and...

Team A: 12 points

Team B: 12 points

Team C: 7 points

Team D: 9 points

How is this fair to Team A or Team C? They both had an advantage on the team with a lower score then them and one team losses their advantage and the other is now Behind?!

Plain and simple... Teams dropping out shouldn't cause a team sitting in 4th place to move up to 2nd place.

and again... why do I have 2 games against one opponent and 3 games against another?
Captain Elaterate

Postby benga on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm

I already answered both questions.
Sergeant benga

Postby Elaterate on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 pm

benga wrote:I already answered both questions.

Elaterate wrote:and again... why do I have 2 games against one opponent and 3 games against another?

Can you quote your answer to this please because I don't see it anywhere.
Captain Elaterate

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 am

Elaterate wrote:I see that but what you don't see is this (this is just an example, not exact to the points that changed but close enough)...

Before teams dropped out...

Team A: 12 points after 4th Round with 4 wins (all opponents are still in)

Team B: 10 points after 4th Round with 3 wins and 1 Tie ( Tie is against team that dropped out)

Team C: 7 points after 4th Round with 2 wins, 1 Tie, 1 Loss (all opponents are still in)

Team D: 5 points after 4th Round with 1 win, 2 Ties, 1 Loss (2 Ties against teams that dropped out)

Now give those teams points where they played a team that dropped out and...

Team A: 12 points

Team B: 12 points

Team C: 7 points

Team D: 9 points

How is this fair to Team A or Team C? They both had an advantage on the team with a lower score then them and one team losses their advantage and the other is now Behind?!

Plain and simple... Teams dropping out shouldn't cause a team sitting in 4th place to move up to 2nd place.

The issue is that you can't predict the results for the games that didn't happen yet. So if you let the results stands, it's unfair for the teams that already played the now dropped out teams, because you give the other teams a win by default while they could have lost this matchup had it been played. It's better to void the games against the now dropped-out teams.
General ZaBeast

Postby benga on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:26 am

A. 2nd place bracket 1 will play a best of 5 against 3rd place bracket 2. 3 games on 2nd place home map and 2 on other team.
B 3rd place bracket 1 will play a best of 5 against 2nd place bracket 2. 3 games on 2nd place home map and 2 on other team.
Sergeant benga

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2020