Conquer Club

Is there any way to quit an active tournment

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is there any way to quit an active tournment

Postby georgizhukov on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:41 am

I am stuck in the monster royale snooze fest. I would love to get out of this if possible. Who the hell created this tournament, anyways!? Is there any way to do this?

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tournament_id=1981

-Georgi
Colonel georgizhukov

Re: Is there any way to quit an active tournment

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:42 am

georgizhukov wrote:I am stuck in the monster royale snooze fest. I would love to get out of this if possible. Who the hell created this tournament, anyways!? Is there any way to do this?

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tournament_id=1981

-Georgi

Not really. Autotournaments, once they are launched, pretty much continue on autopilot to the end. Big Wham can intervene if there is some bug or something, but just quitting the tournament because you're bored is not an option.

Looks like there's only five games left after the ones you're currently in, so it shouldn't be too long.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ch0rn on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm

Id kill to get out of a tournament I just started. I don't know if I was drunk or what but now I have to play 20 + games on maps I have never played before. First 10 are on WWI Gallipoli which looks like it needs a 50 page manual on how to play.
Major ch0rn

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:02 am

but just quitting the tournament because you're bored is not an option.

Seriously... forcing people to play isn't a good idea.
There is already a real problem with gone players in auto tournaments resulting in deadbeats. Now we gonna force people to play sometimes a tons of games, sometimes games with extremely boring setting. What for ? They may just quit CC altogether because of that.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:18 am

Donelladan wrote:
but just quitting the tournament because you're bored is not an option.

Seriously... forcing people to play isn't a good idea.
There is already a real problem with gone players in auto tournaments resulting in deadbeats. Now we gonna force people to play sometimes a tons of games, sometimes games with extremely boring setting. What for ? They may just quit CC altogether because of that.

It's not about forcing them to play. It's about manpower. The whole point of the autotourneys is that once they launch, the computer does all the work and no further input by humans is required. They allow the provision of many games with very little effort. The site has a critical shortage of volunteers, and it's not getting any better. Requiring someone to meddle in the games and make substitutions for people who drop out is just a hassle that nobody has time for.

Maybe one day there will be a way to make substitutions automatically. I've certainly made that suggestion to BW. Still, he has so many things to work on, I don't know when he will get around to it.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Donelladan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 am

Still, auto tournament spam you with game with such an irregularity some time. Suddenly you got +13 games, then another one give you +9.
I don't mind because I am used to have more than 80 games going on at the same time so +13 for me doesn't make such a difference, but for a player that play like 10-20 games at a time, a +13 can be quite annoying. Then because he noticed he don't have the time for it after a while, especially some auto tournament are set up with some fucked up settings sometimes, sry but true, then he want to stop the auto tournament and he can't.

Then he has no time to play that many games, but deadbeating them will screw his score, and it's annoying, and punishable, so he just quit logging in to CC.

So yes there should be a way to quit auto tournament, and just don't look for a replacement, make the tournament going on with 4 players instead of 5 for one group, or put a bot in it :p
Colonel Donelladan

Return to Tournament Archives