Conquer Club

Super League - Season 15 **COMPLETE, WINNER=shoop76**

Tournaments Completed in 2023

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Super League - Season 15 **FULL**

Postby Buzz199 on Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:38 am

Strange how Craig has n't talked about the football today !
Lieutenant Buzz199

Postby Craig25 on Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:23 am

Buzz199 wrote:Strange how Craig has n't talked about the football today !

There is no football on today? :D
Colonel Craig25

Postby Tviorr on Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:14 am

Buzz199 wrote:Strange how Craig has n't talked about the football today !

He is busy enjoying that for once it seems fairly unlikely he will be relegated at the end of the season :P
Major Tviorr

Postby fishbonex on Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:54 am

this is going to be an ignorant question, but what is the "rank" associated with all of the members?
Oh Frylock... The Highlander was a documentary, and it was filmed in real time...
Sergeant fishbonex

Postby Craig25 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:58 pm

It is every Players Ranking from the start of the Season.

fishbonex wrote:this is going to be an ignorant question, but what is the "rank" associated with all of the members?
Colonel Craig25

Postby Tviorr on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:30 am

Hmm if the trial run in the Premier means that the discussion is ongoing, Id like to open the comments.

Given the options, I was personally leaning towards simply keeping everything as was. - I like the current setup and the balance in the setup.

If we are to expand the premier, I would personally prefer keeping the setup - even to the point of playing 18 full matches in a season instead of 9. - However as that is a fairly large increase in game load, how about a smaller expansion of the Premier? - I get that its a bit too easy to relegate out of the premier and given enough rest seasons for players in the Premier it could even be every playing premier league player or there might even be too few playing premier leaguers to match all the promotion spots.

So - how about 14 or 15 players. The increase in game load should be doable for all players reaching the premier league. And the extra players in the premier should make for enough "safe spots"?

In any case, I reiterate. - I would much prefer the current game setup. - I like the home and away feel of the matches and even if the auto snap cant be negated for the super league and cup, Id prefer to keep that. Further, I think just 1 home and 1 away makes for too little home game advantage, especially if the auto snap has to be universal. - If the format absolutely has to change, I would prefer dropping the random games.
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:26 am

Comments Noted Tviorr, but, we will run it for 2 Seasons then open the comments in the 3rd Season and see where it takes us.

Tviorr wrote:Hmm if the trial run in the Premier means that the discussion is ongoing, Id like to open the comments.

Given the options, I was personally leaning towards simply keeping everything as was. - I like the current setup and the balance in the setup.

If we are to expand the premier, I would personally prefer keeping the setup - even to the point of playing 18 full matches in a season instead of 9. - However as that is a fairly large increase in game load, how about a smaller expansion of the Premier? - I get that its a bit too easy to relegate out of the premier and given enough rest seasons for players in the Premier it could even be every playing premier league player or there might even be too few playing premier leaguers to match all the promotion spots.

So - how about 14 or 15 players. The increase in game load should be doable for all players reaching the premier league. And the extra players in the premier should make for enough "safe spots"?

In any case, I reiterate. - I would much prefer the current game setup. - I like the home and away feel of the matches and even if the auto snap cant be negated for the super league and cup, Id prefer to keep that. Further, I think just 1 home and 1 away makes for too little home game advantage, especially if the auto snap has to be universal. - If the format absolutely has to change, I would prefer dropping the random games.
Colonel Craig25

Postby fishbonex on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:34 pm

How many matches/sets of 4 games should we have gotten total by now? I am thinking 6, but have only played in 5.
Oh Frylock... The Highlander was a documentary, and it was filmed in real time...
Sergeant fishbonex

Postby fishbonex on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:35 pm

Craig25 wrote:It is every Players Ranking from the start of the Season.

fishbonex wrote:this is going to be an ignorant question, but what is the "rank" associated with all of the members?

Based on what, though? Is it internal ranking in the tournament? I don't know how that works, and I have been playing for a long time!
Sergeant fishbonex

Postby Craig25 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:25 pm

It's the Players CC Ranking. Taken at the start of every Season.

Plus, check your League and the Fuxture List. Is there a player on a Rest Season?

fishbonex wrote:
Craig25 wrote:It is every Players Ranking from the start of the Season.

Based on what, though? Is it internal ranking in the tournament? I don't know how that works, and I have been playing for a long time!
Colonel Craig25

Postby SaberWill on Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:00 pm

can i join this legaue
Sergeant 1st Class SaberWill

Postby Craig25 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:10 pm

You sure can M8! You would also want to join The Ryder Cup Tournament as well.

Join Super League on Season 16 Page. It Kicks Off beginning Nov.

Join Ryder Cup on Tournament Tab at the top of your Games Page. That starts very soon.

NJOY!

SaberWill wrote:can i join this legaue
Colonel Craig25

Postby SoN!c on Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:23 am

Hi Craig,

So sorry to say but i have to take rest seasons.

Keep up the fantastic work you and Anila and the entire Super League - team do every day. It's awesome =D> =D> =D>
Colonel SoN!c

Postby boow on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:36 am

i'd like a rest season in the next go.

thanks!
Sergeant 1st Class boow

Postby sdh on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:42 am

thankyou for the effort you and your team put into this. This is the only thing keeping me active at the moment :)
Major sdh

Postby overlander on Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:39 am

home map change
iraq!
thanks
Major overlander

Postby Tviorr on Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:42 am

Im going to keep harping on about this ;)

One of my favorite aspects of the Super League is the home away game feel. I really dont want to lose that.

So for evaluation/vote, Id like to discuss the following and Id like a poll on the premier and top league players if we reach something thats feasible.

1) Id like to push cc for a tourney button where you can disable the initial snapshot feature (which I agree with in general) for tourneys or even just for the Super League and Cup. - Its a good way to up a home advantage a little bit. - And it would help the Super League and cup to stand out as a bit special.

2) Id like a return to the usual super League setup in the Premier as soon as at all possible. - Even if the game load is heavy. Presently double instead of times 1.5 of the rest of the league. - I think premier league players can handle that. - I think theres little home away game feel to a joint match and I think there needs to be home matches with definite advantage and I think we need 2 home games to do that.

3) If the game load is turning out to be a bit too heavy, Id like to lose 2 players in the premier league each season untill we reach what we decide is the best number of premier league players. - Im thinking probably 16?

3a) Alternately we create a new top League - I.e. Champions League or Euro League where we go back to 10 teams in premier league and super promote to fill up Euro League to hmm 16 - or 14 players.

This is my initial thoughts. Mainly I dont want to lose the home and away game feel. The setup is part of what makes the Super League special and stand out.
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:05 am

By Vote, the Super League has made it's choice by the Consensus of the Majority. The NEW Structure will be in place for a MINIMUM of 2 Season to allow us to evaluate it.

Probably longer, it is very time consuming to change the structure. With KICKED, RETIRING, NEW Players, the Promotion and Relegation Calculations become a NIGHTMARE.

Tviorr wrote:1) Id like to push cc for a tourney button where you can disable the initial snapshot feature (which I agree with in general) for tourneys or even just for the Super League and Cup. - Its a good way to up a home advantage a little bit. - And it would help the Super League and cup to stand out as a bit special.

Go for it, Push Away, any flexibility for Tournament Organisers is a good thing. While you are at it, ask them if we can determine who get's to go 1st in games too.

The rest of it is covered, It is what it is M8, and, your input is very well thought out as always. GL in the Premier Tiddler! :D
Colonel Craig25

Previous

Return to Completed 2023