Conquer Club

✪ ✪ ✪ CONQUEROPOLY 1 [VIRTUAL] [Needing Rescue] ✪ ✪ ✪

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CONQUEROPOLY 1 [VIRTUAL] [Round 1]

Postby bobbythomson on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

for the TD - after we have moved, and the question whether to buy pops up, it must be the team member whose turn it is to answer the question, yes?
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380#p4984606

DJ the Game Log you have has newest stuff on bottom. Can you reverse that? So newest stuff is on the top? As the game progresses that log will be very long, and it'll be annoying to have to scroll way down every time to look at the log

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm

hjelp wrote:Thanks :D

Where do I found my dice given by TO ?

You'll found it in the game log on very first post but only when it's your turn. Actually team 3 is playing and you're in team 5 ;)

bobbythomson wrote:for the TD - after we have moved, and the question whether to buy pops up, it must be the team member whose turn it is to answer the question, yes?

Yep when the question shows for your team, I send a wall message to the captain only (what I did on MagnusGreeol 's wall).
When magnus or You answer the question, the round is considered played (no matter who answered),
I add your move into game log and board image, and I play the next team.
DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby DJENRE on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:21 pm

IcePack wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380#p4984606

DJ the Game Log you have has newest stuff on bottom. Can you reverse that? So newest stuff is on the top? As the game progresses that log will be very long, and it'll be annoying to have to scroll way down every time to look at the log

Hello Ice,
I thought about it but I think it's easier this way.
I explain : once you have scrolled to the bottom, you'll be able to see the last move AND the map image on the same screen. You understand what I mean?

If scrolling become too long for all (including me when updating the log) we will think about moving (for example) the 10 first rounds into another spoiler once we reach round 12.

Like this :

show: Gamelog ROund 1 to 10

show: Gamelog Round 10 and over

DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:27 pm

Ok, if thats what you want. My thought was, you can open the spoiler, see the log, close the spoiler, and then go straight to map and no scrolling is necessary that way

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:29 pm

1st move, We buy it! '')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:42 pm

IcePack wrote:Ok, if thats what you want. My thought was, you can open the spoiler, see the log, close the spoiler, and then go straight to map and no scrolling is necessary that way

I'm joining IP on this one, this way should be easy for either one, the TO who add the newest line on the top and the reader who just have to pop it up to see the latest...IMO
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby bobbythomson on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:56 am

Few questions for TD:

1) YELLOW AND red landed on Eurasia Mini - I read the rules to say no two teams can land on the same square - the second one, yellow here, should be moved to the next square, right?

2) where does one find which colors correspond to a country? The Cheshire Cats bought the Netherlands - I can't tell what color group that is.

3) what is Eurasia Mini?

4) can only buy a continent (or Eurasia Mini) if all of the countries are owned by that team, right?
Last edited by bobbythomson on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 am

bobbythomson wrote:Few questions for TD:

1) YELLOW AND green landed on Eurasia Mini - I read the rules to say no two teams can land on the same square - the second one, yellow here, should be moved to the next square, right?

2) where does one find which colors correspond to a country? The Cheshire Cats bought the Netherlands - I can't tell what color group that is.

3) what is Eurasia Mini?

4) can only buy a continent (or Eurasia Mini) if all of the countries are owned by that team, right?

- Shouldn't Chesire Cats have a blue house on Netherlands?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby bobbythomson on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:13 am

3) what is Eurasia Mini?

I can answer this one now - Eurasia Mini is the "Continent" made up of the next six countries, two color groups, just like each of the other continents shown on the map.

But red and Yellow are on the "same spot"

Is there somewhere to find what color each group is supposed to be?

All "houses" (like Monopoly) are green and "hotels" (if you have a whole block) are red, thus a green house for Blue (Cheshire Cats) in Netherlands.

Postby DJENRE on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 am

@ Icepack & Mad.
Ok I agree, you played and organized lot more tournaments than I did. I follow your idea and I gonna reverse the game log when next team has answered. ;)

bobbythomson wrote:Few questions for TD:

1) YELLOW AND green landed on Eurasia Mini - I read the rules to say no two teams can land on the same square - the second one, yellow here, should be moved to the next square, right?

3) what is Eurasia Mini?

1/ Hum ok, I wasn't clear enough in rules. It's ONLY when a property is already owned! Not on free territs like Continents (only if not hold yet) or "? spots", etc.... I gonna update it in the main RULES post.

EXPLAINATION :
Imagine team 1 hold GERMANY, then team 2 play and advance on GERMANY => Team 2 challenges Team 1 for GERMANY.
Then TEAM 3 play and also stop on GERMANY soon after. What happen? We have to wait until the entire game beetween Team 1 and team 2 end to know which team (1or2), team 3 will be able to challenge.
You know I mean? I will have to stop the whole game for all and for a while, waiting for this single game to end, even if it has just started.
That's why I decided to add this rule to avoid this kind of problem.

BUT! : Imagine a game is playing on GERMANY beetween Team 1 and team 2 since a few rounds, then Team 3 stops on GERMANY (NB : team 2 has already left the property) while the game is not over beetween team 1 and 2, then we'll have to wait that game end to know which team (1 or 2) will be challenged by team 3.
In this proper case, the game has alreayd started since rounds beetween team 1 and 2. I will have to stop the game of course until the game is over but we won't wait that long to see the winner (team 1 or 2).

2/I'm not sure what you're talking about! In the game log, they stopped on Netherlands wich is BLUE GREY GROUP. And you can see the groups of color on the board image.
If you're talking about your objective, see below :
show: COLORS AND OBJECTIVES

Let me know if it was what you was asking ;)

3/ EURASIA Mini is a continent on CQP Board and is a map into CC.

4/ Rules tell : "a 'continent' property => you can buy it only if you already own a full group of properties on any of the 4 nearest groups of properties."

Example given for EURASIA Mini = you can buy it only if you hold totally :
BROWN group of 3 territories (#1) => BRITISH ISLES and 2 next properties with same color.
OR
BLUE GREY group of 3 territories (#2) => NETHERLANDS and 2 next properties with same color.
OR
DARK GREEN group of 3 territories (#3) => SOVIET UNION and 2 next properties with same color.
OR
ORANGE group of 3 territories (#4) => JAPAN and 2 next properties with same color.

wich are the 4 nearest groups of properties for eurasia mini. You know I mean?

That's why I didn't ask those teams if they wanted to buy it, because they didn't reach the conditions. ;)

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Shouldn't Chesire Cats have a blue house on Netherlands?

Nope, there are no blue houses. There are (like monopoly) only green houses and red hotels.
Here for Chesire cats they have a green house (because they own it) + their mini pawn on the side to tell it's owned by Chesire Cats (and this team is blue).
I know you could be confused when seeing that DRAGONS have the same color house, but they're GREEN, not my fault! :D
We will have the same 'issue' when JUST US will get a RED HOTEL ;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby bobbythomson on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you very much - these answers cleared up a lot of things for me. Especially which countries go with which colors.

Postby dragon dor on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:49 pm

we take it
Sergeant 1st Class dragon dor

Postby DJENRE on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 pm

bobbythomson wrote:Thank you very much - these answers cleared up a lot of things for me. Especially which countries go with which colors.

My bad! I didn't realize that #number were not attached in the objectives sent.
I can understand everybody was a bit confused with the colors! ;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby AtreidesHouse on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Can't seem to see how to roll dice and it's our turn, little help here please
And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel poised to spin

Winner of Mario and Sonic Tournament
Winner of A Quick KO Tournament
Private 1st Class AtreidesHouse

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 pm

DJENRe will Wall your Captain and number should be on first page / first post so you can see the roll

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 am

AtreidesHouse wrote:Can't seem to see how to roll dice and it's our turn, little help here please

Your dice played are into the very first post of the thread and into the game log spoiler,

Click on the link I send you both on your wall.
Then you have to click on Show/Hide (spoiler)

Do you found it?
Let me know if you have some more questions

DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby AtreidesHouse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:45 am

1 credit, we'll buy
And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel poised to spin

Winner of Mario and Sonic Tournament
Winner of A Quick KO Tournament
Private 1st Class AtreidesHouse

Re: ✪ ✪ ✪ CONQUEROPOLY 1 [VIRTUAL] [Round 1] ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby bobbythomson on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Rules questions:

1) when a team lands on an already owned territory and challenges the owners, how is it decided what map is used for the challenge?

2) how do "services" come into play? (It doesn't look like a team can land there with dice roll)

3) if a team owns a continent, and it is landed on by another team which qualifies to buy it, is the same method used to decide the map used for the challenge?

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:11 pm

I can answer #1: the map is the one you landed on. Germany space, Germany is used etc

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:04 pm

DJENRE wrote:
Mageplunka69 wrote:we are so lost as to what we need to do before and after each turn

can you explain is easy words what we do or i will kindy leave lost

Hello,
Is Teegee also lost?

To answer you easily,

Before each round, nothing, except if you want to check what other teams are doing.

During your move = it's when I ask you on your wall :
Every round you only have to answer the question into the game log (very first post of the trounament thread).
This round it's pretty easy : As a regular monopoly, I suggested all players to buy all first properties you can, until you have less than 12 cr left or something.
Then, when you're short in credits, maybe you'll think more before buying (also regarding your special objective).

When the game will be round 8 or 10 for example, there will also be different kind of questions. Not only buy Y/N
Feel free to ask if you're lost again. Be sure I'll tell everybody how it works when this kind of play will pop up ;)

After your move :
Once you answer me on thread, I update the post, your turn is ended, and next team play.
It's almost like a regular game of monopoly (one after another / buying properties) a regular game into CC (when looking at the game log I made for you!).

Is it clearer for this round?

Also I copy this discussion into the thread, please answer into the thread too so everybody can see questions and answers!

DJ 8-)

bobbythomson wrote:Rules questions:

1) when a team lands on an already owned territory and challenges the owners, how is it decided what map is used for the challenge?

2) how do "services" come into play? (It doesn't look like a team can land there with dice roll)

3) if a team owns a continent, and it is landed on by another team which qualifies to buy it, is the same method used to decide the map used for the challenge?

1/ Indeed! (thanks Ice!) The map played is the one you're on, that's why some are named SOUTH AFRICA 1885 or EURASIA Mini. All properties into CONQUEROPOLY are exact same name for CC maps. ;)

2/ Services : two ways => drawing the proper "?" card OR playing a pair dice (each pair gives different solutions, not only services!)

3/ As you said, the condition is to have both team who qualifies for it, then yes it's the same way than a regular property (except it's more prestigious and a big condition for victory). And except a continent cannot be "locked" like a group of properties, It can ONLY be owned! And challenged until the end.

Clearer?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:09 pm

buy please
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Actually I have a question :) you say that you can use railways with your dice to skip to the next railways if you own them.

Is that only when you start your turn on the railway? Or at any point?

Example, I start my turn on Germany.
I own Railway Europe, Railway Asia.

I roll a 12.

Can I go move
1 Railway Europe
2 Railway Asia
3-8 I land on stop, do I stop even if I haven’t finished my roll? Or continue
9-12 and land on Railway Australia?

Also, do you have to own the NEXT Railway, or can you skip to ANY Railway you own?

Meaning if I own Railway Europe, and Railway Australia, can I skip to Australia in the example above and end my turn on Railway Africa?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:46 pm

ERASED
Last edited by DJENRE on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned