Conquer Club

World Cup of Risk! - Winner Team Greece!

Tournaments Completed in 2020

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: World Cup of Risk! - Starting in January!

Postby calgaryfan on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:38 pm

How do the games kick off? Do we wait for our captains to set them up and invite us in?
Cadet calgaryfan

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 pm

As soon as we have captains for all teams (probably a couple days), the teams will be locked and I'll create the games. The captains for each team just need to let us know who will be placed into each game and I will go ahead and send the invites out. So, if you haven't done so yet, please let your team captain know which game type/settings you prefer. :-)

If captains prefer to fill the games themselves, we will simply provide them the password to do so.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby DJENRE on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm

groovysmurf wrote:As soon as we have captains for all teams (probably a couple days), the teams will be locked and I'll create the games. The captains for each team just need to let us know who will be placed into each game and I will go ahead and send the invites out. So, if you haven't done so yet, please let your team captain know which game type/settings you prefer. :-)

If captains prefer to fill the games themselves, we will simply provide them the password to do so.

Hello groovy,

Can you confirm that captains gonna send their roster to you by PM?
We won't show it there or it will be easier for the opponent to draw their own roster once the opponent have posted. ;)

For team France, we're fine to send it to you by PM, and you can fill the games yourself.
Thanks!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:16 pm

DJENRE wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:As soon as we have captains for all teams (probably a couple days), the teams will be locked and I'll create the games. The captains for each team just need to let us know who will be placed into each game and I will go ahead and send the invites out. So, if you haven't done so yet, please let your team captain know which game type/settings you prefer. :-)

Hello groovy,

Can you confirm that captains gonna send their roster to you by PM?
We won't show it there or it will be easier for the opponent to draw their own roster once the opponent have posted. ;)

For team France, we're fine to send it to you by PM, and you can fill the games yourself.
Thanks!

Sending by PM is perfect. :)
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

I want to make sure that every person involved in this tourney understands that a minimum of 17 games and a maximum of 51 will be played by each person over the 17 rounds and 918 games of the preliminary matches.

Rounds will never overlap and you will never have more than 3 games at any time for this tournament.

It has been recently brought to my attention that people do not know this and have no interest in participating in an event where you will see a minimum of 17 games over the next year. I myself am completely confused by this and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

groovysmurf
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby zeus111 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:35 pm

hi all this event was to be epic i created this idea to see who was the best ..i laid rules out and have just been notified that a 17 game commitment a variable we control has been put in place to qualify for team prizes laid out for the event as the event creator i have issue with this and have decided that game limit is both unnecessary as well as have never should been put in place , originally 3 games were the requirement as we are implementing different settings here some setting s suit some not all and i feel to make any one player sit in 17 games to qualify for team prizes is unacceptable example here is if a team m8 should become ill can only sit in a few games that country wins they wouldnt receive prizes the team acquired .further more i have spent personal funds on this to load teams up with the sites best they were 90 day gifts allowing them to get the 3 games in before they expire ....so its with deepest frustration here i resign from this event as now all most all rules i have put in place have been overlooked ... u all should know the time that has gone into this was great but i cant do the logistics required and seems my partner and i have reached an issue we cant see eye to eye on here so all the best im out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here was mad777 reply to this issue .

Now about the team and reserve and after thinking about it, as long as the reserve or a player has played “X” amount of game (to be determined by you) he/she will be receiving the same prize as any other member of his/her team... 8-) is that fair?
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby HitRed on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 am

Hopefully in the morning things will look different. This is a fine creation and we hope it moves forward. In the end we will all will be glad we joined. Smiles
Captain HitRed

Postby zeus111 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 am

i am out m8 let groovy continue on she has done so much work on this it wouldnt be right for it not go go to her .. id say she spent a total of 100 hours to date ..plus the way its been structured it set to run a year another issue i have so best to step out here !!
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:55 am

Hello Groovy Hello Zeus, keep working on it,
You can't give up now!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am

Hello can you update for team France please
France (11)
DJENRE - Captain
lazette
JELO
_Untouchable
dragon dor
djelebert
Donelladan
LeVieuxLion
iormungand
samdemars
NEW = fairman
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:13 am

TO ALL

In work with some minor logistic issue, no one should worry, this event will move for sure ;)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: World Cup of Risk! [Round 1 Imminent]

Postby purehardnut on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 pm

i'd like to remove myself from this tourney in support of zeus, (no offense to anyone else involved) with his being one of the brains behind the idea to have half his work slashed down and cut i feel this tourney has lost it goal, and excuse my language has just become a clusterfuck, not to mention he has personally funded premium for some players to part-take in this, also a tourney due to last a year+ is crazy...

best of luck with the it tho!! and i'm sure it'll be a success once up and running
Major purehardnut

Postby bobbythomson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm late to the game here but it seems from what Zeus wrote that - even though he is pulling out - he would like to see the tournament go forward.

I wonder if he supports the idea of others pulling out as a show of support for him?

Other tournaments (indeed, I have been in some Campaigns) last more than a year - how about "Great War" for example? If that is how things are planned from the beginning, those who play can be in or out. If you don't want to play in the tournament, that is fine, but pulling out in support of someone else does not seem like a good idea.

The World Cup of Soccer takes about a year (sometimes more) to get played - so many countries, qualifications etc., so the concept here does not seem foreign or unique even for CC.

I hope the tournament takes place and sorry to see anyone pulling out for a reason other than that the person does not want to play in the tournament as currently organized.
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 pm

purehardnut wrote:i'd like to remove myself from this tourney in support of zeus, (no offense to anyone else involved) with his being one of the brains behind the idea to have half his work slashed down and cut i feel this tourney has lost it goal, and excuse my language has just become a clusterfuck, not to mention he has personally funded premium for some players to part-take in this, also a tourney due to last a year+ is crazy...

best of luck with the it tho!! and i'm sure it'll be a success once up and running

I’m sorry and with all the respect I have I can’t take your comment seriously, from your total game, less than 10% are from Tournament, from this was only one Casual Tournament (Beat the title holder - from josko), all the other tournament game where from auto tournament (mostly Great War), therefore saying this event just become “clusterfuck” from someone with your low to none experience with casual Tournament is just a joke....how anyone who has played tournament would ever think an event that includes 150+ players would last only 90 days? (referencing the funded Premium you are talking about) I have many respect for what Zeus tried to do and I still think he misunderstood the scale of what he started, this is happening to many member who develop a nice idea and try to put it out, there is nothing wrong with what he did, what is wrong is making comment like yours that doesn’t bring anything solid.

But be sure that we won’t let it fail and this is why I’m taking over it helping Groovy to make this event successful as this was zeus’ wish...we all started one day as tournament organizer and hope this will help him in the future to organize another event with which I will be glad to support, it is not easy for sure to expose yourself to the CC crowd like he has done and we will show him his idea will come true.

Mad777
Tournament Director Group Head
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby zeus111 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Postby purehardnut on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 am
i'd like to remove myself from this tourney in support of zeus, (no offense to anyone else involved) with his being one of the brains behind the idea to have half his work slashed down and cut i feel this tourney has lost it goal, and excuse my language has just become a clusterfuck, not to mention he has personally funded premium for some players to part-take in this, also a tourney due to last a year+ is crazy...

pls do not with draw on my account i simply dont have the time to play in the event as it is now set out.. i do agree a year 900 plus games in preliminary rounds alone was never my intention nor to put restraints on its participants regarding a max or a minimum game count but ive since been told those are the rules ..yes that right the tournament creator was told they way it was. to all who have declined to play pls make the decision on your own behalf, i certainly wont harbor any bad feelings what so ever. my intent was to wrap this up in far less time never was my intentions for this to last 12 to 17 months the way its currently set up .so to the 11 ppl i gifted premium to join pls do all tho tying up one of the four slots for that duration may not coincide with your cc plans ..... you guys groovy has spent a ton of time on this and has easily another 150 to 500 hours to go so support her in this event i simply dont have the time as i told all in early days this years mega busy ...my commitment was for 90 to 120 days not 12 to 17 months so if you loose players such as my self those are the reasons why its just ridiculous to have an event last that long with final rounds its well over 1000 games ...
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby BigMac007 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm in for USA.
Private 1st Class BigMac007

Postby Conchobar on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:24 am

zeus111 wrote:Re: World Cup of Risk! [Round 1 Imminent]
...my commitment was for 90 to 120 days not 12 to 17 months so if you loose players such as my self those are the reasons why its just ridiculous to have an event last that long with final rounds its well over 1000 games ...

Well then just start your own tournament that will last 90 days. There have been plenty of tournaments that have lasted more than a year. I could send you all the links for them but I can't be arsed. Just one example, Madness in Rio, started 18 months ago and is still going. Mistakes happen, and if you underestimated what this tournament would involve, it's not your fault, so we thank you for your input and carry on. COME ON TEAM GREECE!!! \:D/

EDIT: Oooopps, hang on, that was meant to be COME ON, TEAM GREECE! :lol:
Colonel Conchobar

Postby hopalong on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 am

Conchobar wrote:EDIT: Oooopps, hang on, that was meant to be COME ON, TEAM GREECE! :lol:

i read it as 'Cum on Team Greece'.
Major hopalong

Postby zeus111 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

hey conchobar i did start my own tournament THIS ONE save your links to previous events dude and thanks for all the advice ill take it and put it were it belongs in trash !! lmao hopalong u made me spill coffee !!!!!!!
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 pm

A couple of changes to note:
Mad777 has replaced zeus111 as co-tournament organizer - with zeus' blessing we will continue to run this event without him, all the while acknowledging that this was his idea...we will do our best to honor that by making it a wonderful tournament for all involved

The quads trench game has been changed back to escalating, chained with NO trench

The second dubs games has been changed back to no spoils, adjacent

A rule has been amended that a player must participate in a minimum of 14 rounds to qualify for a prize. This way, if someone cannot take part in games during a round or two, they will not be punished. We understand that real life can often get in the way and wish to respect that as much as possible. The maximum number of games one can play in per round is still three.

As soon as we get our last couple of captains, round one will be starting. Please feel free to send in your 1st round game placements whenever they're ready, captains. The invites will not be sent until all are received to ensure fairness.

Thanks everybody for your continued support!
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Conchobar on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 pm

zeus111 wrote:hey conchobar i did start my own tournament THIS ONE save your links to previous events dude and thanks for all the advice ill take it and put it were it belongs in trash !! lmao hopalong u made me spill coffee !!!!!!!

Okay well now I can see that you're just an oblivious arrogant prick, so we'll leave it there. :-$ :-#

hopalong wrote:
Conchobar wrote:EDIT: Oooopps, hang on, that was meant to be COME ON, TEAM GREECE! :lol:

i read it as 'Cum on Team Greece'.

And yes hop, me too, hence the edit! ;) Nobody should get any ideas about ejaculating on our team, if anything it will be the other way around... [-X :-^
Colonel Conchobar

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:20 pm

I would, however, modify the requirement that ALL games need to be finished before the next round starts.

With team games, 90% will be over in a month, but there are always a few holdouts that will take two months. Waiting for those last few holdouts is always what makes tournaments run overtime.

I would set the bar at 90 or 95% complete and send out the next round when that benchmark has been reached.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Conchobar on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I would, however, modify the requirement that ALL games need to be finished before the next round starts.

With team games, 90% will be over in a month, but there are always a few holdouts that will take two months. Waiting for those last few holdouts is always what makes tournaments run overtime.

I would set the bar at 90 or 95% complete and send out the next round when that benchmark has been reached.

Yep that makes perfect sense and is the reason we're trying to do away with the trench/no spoils quads games...
Colonel Conchobar

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Conchobar wrote:Yep that makes perfect sense and is the reason we're trying to do away with the trench/no spoils quads games...

It is done away with. :-)

Dukasaur wrote:I would, however, modify the requirement that ALL games need to be finished before the next round starts.

Yeah, you're definitely right there. We'll have to play it by ear and if the captains agree that they're ready for the next round to be sent out, we can go ahead and do that.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 am

Just put a 20 round limit on all games to expedite completion rates.

Not crazy about the scoring system, but it is what it is I guess. To win 12pts to nil and be rewarded with a bonus 2pts seems a bit overboard, as if 12pts isn't already enough. This will favour teams who face weaker opposition.

I wonder what the percentage win rate is for teams going first on 2.1 doubs? It's a huge advantage. That's where teams will get lucky - getting first turns.

Anyway, looking forward to it. 12-15 months is a long haul and there's bound to be some attrition. Hope everyone is aware of what it will entail.

And thanks to all organisers, whether past or present. Your efforts (and generosity) are greatly appreciated =D>

p.s. hopalong - that was the joke, you wally!
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2020