Conquer Club

[GF] One Man Clan Grand Finale (Round of 8)

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[GF] One Man Clan Grand Finale (Round of 8)

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Greetings!

Welcome to the Grand Finale Tournament for the original set of One Man Clan Tournaments!
Each of our previous winners and runners up will be invited to face off on the biggest challenge yet!

One Man Clan II
One Man Clan III
One Man Clan IV
One Man Clan V

It is a Randomly Seeded Bracket Poly Games tournament.

In this series as promised, players will be randomly paired for the Grand Finale, EVERY match up will be a full war except the Round of 8 (which will be nearly 41).
So obviously this event is a premium only tournament.

ONE QUICK NOTE:
I'VE ALLOWED ROUND LIMITS TO HELP SPEED THINGS ALONG, as well as re organized how the games are sent out (to help speed game completion timeline).

I've also split it into more rounds to help assist with game load spikes

Note on Tournament Invite Declines / New Invite to GF Methodology:
if any of our winners or runners up are unavailable, we will first invite the winner of One Man Clan (The Original) which was ZaBeast, then we will invite the two other semi finalists of THAT event. If both of them wish to join, one of them will be selected at Random. If both of the semi finalists decline, we will then invite the runner up of the Original (itake). If even still, everyone has declined we will go to the quarter finalists etc until someone is selected. If someone was previously removed from the Tournament, they will not be invited.

Once participants are confirmed, you'll be sent a PM with the randomized bracket information to begin planning your maps.

You will have roughly 1 week to reply with your chosen maps and settings for the round. Please send ALL rounds of maps and settings, not just the first round
Be VERY clear on your map and settings selections. I dont want to have to chase you and ask repeatedly for missing settings.

Once I've received everyones PM, I will send invites out.

Subsequent rounds I will do my best to be considerate of the participants in overlapping rounds with games due to game count. However if theres a couple that are dragging out and the winner has already been determined, its possible that I will send out / request the next round games and settings before ALL games complete from the prior round and send invites out. This is to ensure the tournament continues moving along at a reasonable pace.

Missed invites will be resent once throughout the tournament, once you miss a second time your opponent will advance.

Settings / Rules:
NEW MAP RULES
No longer does each map have to be unique in a war HOWEVER you only get two uses through the entire tournament.
Random is the same as any other maps, max two uses in the tournament

All games must have automatic initial troop deploy (no manual)
All games must be sequential (no freestyle)
All games must have 24 hour round length (no speed)
All spoils are allowed
All forts are allowed except "no forts"
Round limits are allowed.
No Trench Limit
Beta maps are not allowed
Each player will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games
12 hour fog rule is in place, if its broken you need to give all information in chat as soon as its brought to your attention.
Failure to make reasonable efforts to fix or unclear will result in remake, if it occurs multiple times they will start being forfeited.
All issues should try to be resolved between opponents amicably prior to including the TO.

Round of 8: 37 games total (3 Rounds) QUARTER FINALS
6 Dubs Poly each players choice of map and settings (4 first round, 1 second round, 1 third round) (each player)
6 Trips Poly each players choice of map and settings (1 first round, 4 second round, 1 third round) (each player)
6 Quads Poly each players choice of map and settings (1 first round, 1 second round, 4 third round) (each player)
TB: Classic Trips Poly ESC Chained Sunny (first round)

Round of 4: 43 games total (4 Rounds) SEMI FINALS
7 Dubs Poly each players choice of map and settings (5 first round, 2 second round, 0 third round, 0 fourth round) (each player)
7 Trips Poly each players choice of map and settings (0 first round, 2 second round, 4 third round, 1 fourth round) (each player)
7 Quads Poly each players choice of map and settings (0 first round, 2 second round, 1 third round, 4 fourth round) (each player)

Round of 2: 49 games total (5 Rounds) FINALS
8 Dubs Poly each players choice of map and settings (5 first round, 3 second round, 0 third round, 0 fourth round, 0 fifth round) (each player)
8 Trips Poly each players choice of map and settings (0 first round, 2 second round, 5 third round, 1 fourth round, 0 fifth round ) (each player)
8 Quads Poly each players choice of map and settings (0 first round, 0 second round, 0 third round, 4 fourth round, 4 fifth round) (each player)

We will see who the best "one man clan" is! (women's applications are accepted too :D )

Please note you should expect me sending 8-12 games per round, and will try to schedule it every two weeks.
New ones will be sent possibly before old ones are completed (heavy game load late tournament) As always, I TRY and be mindful of the game loads.
If I see your match up is ahead of the group time wise, and completing games faster I'll try to include some games here and there to keep the funnel going.
If I see you are lagging, I won't be able to delay as much compared to others. Overall, I'm just looking to keep everyone roughly the same pace to where
everyone can enjoy it without drop outs and crazy extensions of the tournament in general.

If I'm able based on my own IRL schedule, I might send parts of a round or something just to keep you guys going at or near 10 active games...but I can't promise that. I'm busy Jan-March.

(note: not exact, review the schedule and spacing apart yourself and make your own game load judgement if you are concerned)

Contests and Prizes!

The winner of the tournament will receive a GA Medal and 1 years premium courtesy of me
The runner up of the tournament will receive 3 months premium courtesy of the Tournament Department
The winner of the prediction contest once the bracket is created will win a 500 credit prize + a GA Medal

Prediction Contest:
Once this tournament fills up, the bracket will be created using Challonge.com
Everyone will be welcome to contribute a prediction for approximately two weeks.
I will close off entries / predictions and the winner takes all, please share with your friends!

*I reserve the right to decline entrance due to foe list, previous tournament problems, or very low % turns taken.
Last edited by IcePack on Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Re: [GF] One Man Clan Grand Finale Tournament

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Reserved for Participants & Bracket Info

OMC II
Winner - JPlo64 - Confirmed
Runner Up - kjsnyi Donelladan - Confirmed
Back Ups - Nut Shot Scott, Donelladan

OMC III
Winner - Nephilim - Confirmed
Runner Up - general cod - Confirmed, then forfeited finals spot. Offered to ghow, no response. Nut Shot Scott won play in vs rockfist
Back Ups - josko.ri, ghow

OMC IV
Winner - Fyrdraca - Confirmed
Runner Up - joshzam - Confirmed
Back Ups - rockfist, All Black Rugby

OMC V
Winner - Iron Maid - Confirmed
Semi Finalist 1 - Swimmerdude99 - Confirmed, then forfeited finals spot
Back Up - Devante won their play in round
Back Ups - Mass Miracle, Devante

Back Up
OMC
Winner - ZaBeast
Runner Up - itake
Last edited by IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Reserved for War Information

https://challonge.com/OMC_GF

Last edited by IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Fyrdraca on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Definitely in!
Colonel Fyrdraca

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Yep, I'll play!
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby joshzam on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Honored. In!
This is not a sig
Major joshzam

Postby Nephilim on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Prepare to taste my pain
LibertƩ, egalitƩ, cash monƩ

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:18 pm

4/8 confirmed players :)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:25 pm

Oh, I am definitely In :)
Major JPlo64

Postby Iron Maid on Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:06 pm

I'm in! Thanks. :D
Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Major Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby general cod on Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Cod is in...
Major general cod

Postby kjsnyi on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Sorry but I will have to withdraw. The game load is too much for me at the moment. Good luck to all in the finals.
Colonel kjsnyi

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:17 pm

kjsnyi wrote:Sorry but I will have to withdraw. The game load is too much for me at the moment. Good luck to all in the finals.

Awhhhh bummer :( Was hoping to meet you somewhere along the line and see what you're all about! :D
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:52 pm

Alright weā€™ve confirmed 7/8.

Iā€™m double checking with general cod he plans to get premium again when it expires.
Iā€™m confirming with kjsnyi that he is declining :(
Iā€™ve reached out to ZaBeast, Nut Shot Scott and Donelladan as theyā€™re the pending backups for kjsnyi slot.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:46 pm

General Cod has confirmed :)
kjsnyi has confirmed heā€™s out

Spot was offered to ZaBeast who has declined.

NSS and Don both confirmed / requested to play so both were put in a randomizer. Best of our 5. Final results are Don 3, NSS 2.

Donelladan will be offered the final spot

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:09 am

Thanks IcePack, very happy to get that spot and to be allowed in this tournament. I really like the OMC series.

Since I just joined I only read the rules now and I've a remark concerning map choice limitations.

Finalists will have to play 139 games, given that a map can only be selected twice during the entire tournament, that means 70 different home maps for a single player.
Given the amount of interesting maps we've got in CC, I find this number to be quite high.
Also this is the one man clan, but you're giving us restrictions on map selections tougher that what clans have in clans competitions.

Any chances you'd be willing to reconsider this part of the rule ?

IcePack wrote:No longer does each map have to be unique in a war HOWEVER you only get two uses through the entire tournament.

I'd much rather have unique map in a war but re-usable three times.
Still means that a player would need to pick at least 49 different maps in the final, which is still a lot.

I'll enjoy and play the tournament anyway ofc, but that would make my choice of maps ( and I guess others as well) quite easier for the 2nd round.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:47 am

I think the goal is to force players to play using a wide range of maps. I wondered that as well, but given the earlier rules, that seems to be kind of the gaol.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:28 am

Donelladan wrote:Thanks IcePack, very happy to get that spot and to be allowed in this tournament. I really like the OMC series.

Since I just joined I only read the rules now and I've a remark concerning map choice limitations.

Finalists will have to play 139 games, given that a map can only be selected twice during the entire tournament, that means 70 different home maps for a single player.
Given the amount of interesting maps we've got in CC, I find this number to be quite high.
Also this is the one man clan, but you're giving us restrictions on map selections tougher that what clans have in clans competitions.

Any chances you'd be willing to reconsider this part of the rule ?

IcePack wrote:No longer does each map have to be unique in a war HOWEVER you only get two uses through the entire tournament.

I'd much rather have unique map in a war but re-usable three times.
Still means that a player would need to pick at least 49 different maps in the final, which is still a lot.

I'll enjoy and play the tournament anyway ofc, but that would make my choice of maps ( and I guess others as well) quite easier for the 2nd round.

Hey Don / Swim!
Iā€™m happy to discuss, but yeah itā€™s not meant to be easy. But I think one of our maths might be wrong (maybe me, ngl)

My math is 6x3, 7x3, 8x3 for home games results in 63 home maps required for the whole event assuming you go to finals. Now if you double up on every map and reuse everything (unlikely but possible per rules) that means you need a minimum of 9 maps for first round, 11 for second round, and 12 for third? So 32 maps minimum, 63 maximum if everything is used as a single map and never reused.

I think thatā€™s a very reasonable approach, and I didnā€™t want to allow x3 use because there is only 3 rounds meaning you can copy paste every round your best map(s) and use for every war. This series has always been about playing AND war planning so allowing max use, it really takes the wind out of the war planning aspect.

The 49 unique map for finals is the same in the series we just completed, so if anything allowing double use for finals on some maps itā€™s actually made it a bit easier possibly.

As I said, maybe my math and approach is wrong and Iā€™m missing something but I THINK Iā€™ve done it right and if so, Iā€™m pretty happy with the set up. If Iā€™ve messed it up, Iā€™ll rethink it and post a new proposed solution. But 32-63 maps (or somewhere in between) is a good skill set showcase and pretty sweet spot regarding how many maps people gotta be able to shoulder as home maps.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:51 am

Hmmmm the math is as follows in my head - 139 total possible games/2 = 69.5

To me this makes sense because in the first round you will have players who may not know a map or two the opponent sends, having a 2 max limit but no restriction means you can take advantage of them not knowing a map and double down, but this way you don't get "6 free wins" etc against a single opponents so easily. You have to more carefully pick your maps and plan it like a war. You can take advantage of weak points but must remember you don't get that map in all matchups.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:58 am

But games does not mean each game is a home map selection. <50% (Bcuz of tie breaker) of those 139 are maps youā€™ll burn.

Home map slots per round

Total 63 so this is max home games anyone will play. Now that you can double up maps, it reduces overall # of map load from 63 to minimum of 32 (or anywhere in between based on choices)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:43 pm

Ah yes, that's right. So yes, very low indeed in burnt maps.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Donelladan on Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 pm

Ooops. I was thinking 37 games each for the 1st round, but it's 18 home games each and 1 tie breaker.
My bad I should have read more carefully.
Ignore me and carry on.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:50 pm

Actually pretty happy with the random bracket, I was worried we'd get some repeats but looks like a good mix without any Finals being repeated :)

https://challonge.com/OMC_GF/predictions

Prediction Time!

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:22 pm

19 Predictions for this already, thanks everyone! Please keep sharing :)

I expect this to be open until late January, as we dont expect the OMC V Finals to complete until early Feb +/-.

That allows predictions to keep coming in for awhile and Swim and Iron Maid some time not to be overwhelmed by two sets of games.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Ongoing