Conquer Club

Curia Regis

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Curia Regis

Postby Devante on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:32 pm

SoN!c wrote:Hi buddy, i played along with yout latin story telling part but then getting called "court jester" and the message "Shame on house soni fluctus. My blade will be all your house will have left to endure at this disgrace." gets me the idea im unwanted here. Im sure you understand.

Feel kinda bad about it, i congratsd you even about the tourney but its pretty clear im unwanted here

Was Definitely not the case, but probably for the best at this point. Best of luck again
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:49 pm

Need two more players who wish to see if they can best, some of the best, on the best map. Two more houses so we can get this show on the road.
Major Devante

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:14 am

Devante wrote:
SoN!c wrote:Hi buddy, i played along with yout latin story telling part but then getting called "court jester" and the message "Shame on house soni fluctus. My blade will be all your house will have left to endure at this disgrace." gets me the idea im unwanted here. Im sure you understand.

Feel kinda bad about it, i congratsd you even about the tourney but its pretty clear im unwanted here

Was Definitely not the case, but probably for the best at this point. Best of luck again

Going to guess this is a language barrier thing, unless there is history. I'm thoroughly confused by any offense lol
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Devante on Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:26 pm

There was none. Come on now CC, two more players let's go and step it up
Major Devante

Postby *Pixar* on Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:12 am

I guess if you're forcing me to :o . KC2 POLY2, NO SPOILS, CHAINED, FOG, TRENCH
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fuatpanza on Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:57 am

I can fill the empty spot.
1 vs 1, no spoils, chained, fog trench
Major fuatpanza

Postby Devante on Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:27 am

Thank ya gents. We shall start this off. Waiting for privileges
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:59 pm

And here are the noble houses:

1. Casa Mirabile optimum semper (Devante) - Poly 3, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench
2. Casa Periculum interfectorem (Risk_Killer_1) - 1vs1, Esq, Chained, Fog, Trench
3. Casa Negotiationis (traffic133) - 1vs1, Flat, Parachute, Fog
4. Casa x viarum (xroads) - Poly 2, Nuke, Chained, Fog
5. Casa Trafalgar Lex (TrafalgarLaw01) - Poly 3, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench
6. Casa Calceus (Shoe555) - Poly 3, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench
7. Casa Aquamagnus Domus (Swimmerdude99) - Poly 4, No Spoils, Chained, Fog
8. Casa Stabilis ad Victoriam (dwilhelmi) - Poly 3, No Spoils, Unlimited, Fog, Trench
9. Casa domine invertitur (mr_inverto) - 1vs1, Flat, Parachute, Fog, Trench
10. Casa della Venere (hjelp) - Poly 2, No Spoils, Chained, Fog
11. Casa Occisor (Killerz999) - 1vs1, Flat, Chained, Fog
12. Casa victor paulisper (josko.ri) - 1vs1, Flat, Adjacent, Sunny
13. Casa Generalis Bax (General Bax) - Poly 2, Flat, Chained
14. Casa gallico Donelladan (Donelladan) - Poly 2, No Spoils, Parachute, Fog
15. Casa Cardinalis Pixar (*Pixar*) - Poly 2, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench
16. Casa Venter Fuat (fuatpanza) - 1vs1, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench

Have one last look over settings in case any changes need to be made. Random.org will decide the first set of match-ups.

May the odds be ever in your favour...unless your facing Casa Mirabile optimum semper, then preferably odds lean that way
Major Devante

Postby SoN!c on Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:52 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Devante wrote:

Going to guess this is a language barrier thing, unless there is history. I'm thoroughly confused by any offense lol

Yes its history...

stupid history if you ask me but yes some history..

"Expression latine, elle est littĆ©ralement traduite par "L'Ć¢ne frotte l'Ć¢ne ". Les Ć¢nes, rĆ©putĆ©s pour leur imbĆ©cilitĆ©, se frotteraient donc l'un Ć  l'autre lorsqu'ils se reconnaissent. Deux imbĆ©ciles qui se cĆ“toient auraient donc tendance Ć  se congratuler entre eux." It does NOT mean "donkey rubs donkey" lmao

So "The donkey rubs the donkey ". Donkeys, renowned for their imbecility, would therefore rub against each other when they recognize each other. Two imbeciles who rub shoulders would therefore tend to congratulate each other."" is the translation..

"Ass rubs ass", Pig's Ass Rubs pigs ass (for the record it does not mean somebody enjoys rubbing your ass, or, thinks you enjoy having your ass rubbed or something..

It just means both say to each other they are so great because both are too stupid to do anything else..L'Ć¢ne frotte l'Ć¢ne = one ass rubs the other ass (in english : french 'rubbing the ass' means 'sucking it up')
Major SoN!c

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:21 pm

The stage is set, the players have been named, the ground has been chosen, the scheduled battles have been dictated. Bellum omnium contra omnes can begin, A war of all against all.

Your king has graciously offered up the battleground, which shall take place on the Kings conquered lands. Lands that were expanded on by my predecessor, but of which is ruled now by Kings Court the second. The lands of former Houses Cirth, Doriath, Ecthelion, Finwe, Beoren, Gorgoroth, Aldudenie, Jaroman, Ingwe and Hareth is where we shall battle. These houses were once strong noble houses, but they conspired against your King, much as your noble houses do now. They were destroyed and made weak, and now fall under the Kings Court realm. Let us see if you will suffer the same fate.

The time for Para bellum is over. No, that time is long past. War has been knocking on your doorstep as each of these sixteen houses raised their banners and cried out ā€œad victoriam, aut neca aut necareā€. You have been busy little bees, buzzing in corners and planning in shadows. Waiting for the moment to let slip the dogs of war. Waiting for the moment to cry out as Julius Caesar once did; ā€œveni, vidi, viciā€. Your king and soon to be emperor welcomes the challenge.

To my loyal soldiers I simply state:

"We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalog of human crime. That is our policy." These houses will not stand when we are finished. That is what is required. "Shall we allow our audacious enemies to violate with impunity the territory of the Republic? Will you permit the army to escape which has carried terror into your families? You will not. March, then, to meet him. Tear from his brows the laurels he has won. Teach the world that a malediction attends those that violate the territory of the Great People. The result of our efforts will be unclouded glory, and a durable peace." aut cum scuto aut in scuto.

Very well then. Let us be on with itā€¦
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:42 pm

Games are sent so check settings to make sure they are right before accepting. There are two games, one for each house settings. Except for Josko.ri vs Swimmerdude99, says josko is banned. I'll have to look into this. In the meantime a reserve is welcome in case he cannot participate.

May your battles be gloriously bloody and filled with tension, enjoy.
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:54 pm

Looking for one more noble house to take over a player's spot. I will throw in some princeps fives for the player willing to take the spot of our very recent conqueror. Let's go...
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:38 am

And House Trafalgar Lex draws first blood against House Della Venere
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:16 pm

Still looking for a replacement player for Josko if anyone wants to hop in
Major Devante

Postby EagleByRob on Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:31 pm

In Please
Sergeant EagleByRob

Postby Devante on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:32 am

EagleByRob wrote:In Please

Thanks and Welcome. House Aquila per Rob rises to the challenge
Major Devante

Postby EagleByRob on Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 am

Devante wrote:
EagleByRob wrote:In Please

Thanks and Welcome. House Aquila per Rob rises to the challenge

Casa (EagleByRob) - Poly 3, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench
Sergeant EagleByRob

Postby Devante on Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:34 pm

First set of battles is finished and was quite interesting, your king is pleased. Yet this is only the initial step towards this merry slaughter we are partaking.

Houses Mirabile Optimum Semper, Periculum Interfectorem, Trafalgar Lex, Domine Invertitur, Occisor, Gallico Donelladan, and Cardinalis Pixar, all managed to claim victory in both their confrontations. Yet a single battle won does not guarantee victory in war of course. House Aquamagnus Domus and House Aquila per Rob managed to claim victory in their homestead but not at eachothers respective battlefields. Houses Negotiationis, X Viarum, Calceus, Stabilis ad Victoriam, Della Venere, Generalis Bax, and Venter Fuat, failed to hold on during this first encounter. But it is said the best guests typically arrive later to the party. It would be foolish to underestimate these houses and I expect great things will follow from them.

Well fought to all you noble houses. Your positions forward in rank have been noted and updated for the peasants to see. Now onto the next set of battles shall we...
Major Devante

Postby mr_inverto on Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:07 am

Not sure if its just me, but I can't see who I'm meant to be playing next...
Major mr_inverto

Postby Devante on Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:22 pm

mr_inverto wrote:Not sure if its just me, but I can't see who I'm meant to be playing next...

Risk_Killer_1 is your opponent. He didn't accept the invite. I'll resend.
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:32 am

Seems he's left the site. For those scheduled rounds with him opponent gets a break to regroup and get their houses in order
Major Devante

Postby mr_inverto on Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:00 am

Thanks, I'll start working on the garden :)
Major mr_inverto

Postby Devante on Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:07 pm

mr_inverto wrote:Thanks, I'll start working on the garden :)

May have to hold out on that comrade
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:13 pm

The king was most displeased with the abandonment of Casa Periculum interfectorem (Risk_Killer_1). However, a worthy challenger has stepped up. Casa Testimonia Scott Erit Iecit (Nut Shot Scott) will challenge the other noble houses. Preferred house settings are Poly 2, No Spoils, Chained, Fog, Trench.

Casa domine invertitur (mr_inverto), unfortunately your garden will have to wait. A chalenger has stepped forth.

Casa Negotiationis (traffic133) has been offered a rematch for the first confrontation of houses as well, in order to keep the overall noble house advancements fair for all in the land.

May your women be merry and your battles bloody
Major Devante

Postby mr_inverto on Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:15 pm

No problem, I will fertilise my roses with the blood of my enemies.
Major mr_inverto

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing