Conquer Club

CC Super League - Season 18 * WINNER=Clanlord Carl*

Tournaments Completed in 2024

Re: CC Super League - Season 18

Postby Craig25 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:23 pm

All Calculations have been made on Super League Games. Pretty much on EVERY Super League game to have taken place. I am working off 150,000 Super League games to make statistics, it would appear you are flying with the seat of your pants :D

LFAW wrote:The thing that makes those maps long and daunting for newer players are the fort and attack routes. Not the bonuses. If we played SL settings on Trafalaxy and Trafalgar do you really believe there would be a significant round difference? No. If the only thing we wanted to change was game length youā€™d remove adjacent forts but letā€™s not go down that rabbit hole.

There should be an overview of maps that are banned. Or at least the ones close to 12. I know Craig isnā€™t keen on votes to challenge his ego but attracting more players should be the goal no?
Major Craig25

Postby furbiz on Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:10 pm

Withdraw
Captain furbiz

Postby Craig25 on Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:57 am

I just re-read this and, I am going to point out a few errors you have made:

1. You are just making up Random stuff about Maps and calling them facts. Trafalaxy and Trafalgar have 11.74 and 12.29 Average Round Lengths on specifically Super League Settings. Calculated over 685 Games :D So stop making up stuff and claiming it as fact. It is a serious issue you have.

2. 'There should be an overview of maps that are banned' - There is you moron! For all to see! It;s got the stats from Circa 115,000 Super LEague Games on it.

3. 'I know Craig isnā€™t keen on votes to challenge his ego but attracting more players should be the goal no?' Over 12 Round Average Length was voted on by the Players. Along with lots of other Rules in the Super League. You would know that if you had been in it long enough. But it appears you have just turned up and played a couple of Seasons and think your the expert :D - Crazy as a Coconut springs to mind.

4. 'Craig isnā€™t keen on votes to challenge his ego' We have had around 20 Votes to shape the Rules of the Super League which demonstrates you are talking absolute kaka on so many levels.

5. Up to this Post, I have not been cheeky to you. But, if you don't like the Super League, feel free to leave. Because if you are going to be cheeky while absolutely having no clue what you are talking about. It's probably for the best that you do :D

LFAW wrote:
The thing that makes those maps long and daunting for newer players are the fort and attack routes. Not the bonuses. If we played SL settings on Trafalaxy and Trafalgar do you really believe there would be a significant round difference? No. If the only thing we wanted to change was game length youā€™d remove adjacent forts but letā€™s not go down that rabbit hole.

There should be an overview of maps that are banned. Or at least the ones close to 12. I know Craig isnā€™t keen on votes to challenge his ego but attracting more players should be the goal no?
Major Craig25

Postby LFAW on Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:28 am

Craig25 wrote:I just re-read this and, I am going to point out a few errors you have made:

1. You are just making up Random stuff about Maps and calling them facts. Trafalaxy and Trafalgar have 11.74 and 12.29 Average Round Lengths on specifically Super League Settings. Calculated over 685 Games :D So stop making up stuff and claiming it as fact. It is a serious issue you have.

They are the same map. The only way that they are different is your sample size has delivered a 0.65 round difference because of variance, not because there is only reason why they would play differently. I also fact-checked Sonic and found the Trafalaxy map creation thread. They are the same map, just with different artwork. This is a fact.

2. 'There should be an overview of maps that are banned' - There is you moron! For all to see! It;s got the stats from Circa 115,000 Super LEague Games on it.

Let me explain how your 'overview' works. A map is delivered on a random map one out of every 255 times. Which means we MIGHT get four or five of each banned map added to the sample size. This is NOT enough to change any of the average round length amounts. What we should be doing as a League is whenever a banned map comes up one of us should deadbeat. Suddenly we have a load of unbanned maps... Huzzah?

3. 'I know Craig isnā€™t keen on votes to challenge his ego but attracting more players should be the goal no?' Over 12 Round Average Length was voted on by the Players. Along with lots of other Rules in the Super League. You would know that if you had been in it long enough. But it appears you have just turned up and played a couple of Seasons and think your the expert :D - Crazy as a Coconut springs to mind.

I don't think the format is a problem. I love the idea of this league or I wouldn't be in it. What I don't like is your lack of respect for what could legitimately be a good idea and consider it rather than shut it down because you can.

I have identified two main issues which you do not address as your rhetoric only involves shouting around 150,000 games. I have never once said this wasn't an impressive thing, but like how many of even the veterans of the Super League have argued with you in the past and you continue to shut them down through pure arrogance

(Everyone should see Super League Season 11 for a VERY interesting discussion where Craig shuts down Clanlord Carl for no f*cking reason at all. Same shit as you can see in this thread).

Any reader will find more Craig nonsense if you would just look at every time anyone dares mention flat rate or adjacent. Christ. I'm not even trying to change that, just getting Craig to try and review the banned maps and shake it up.

4. 'Craig isnā€™t keen on votes to challenge his ego' We have had around 20 Votes to shape the Rules of the Super League which demonstrates you are talking absolute kaka on so many levels.

Votes which have to clear you first. If you don't like the suggestion, it never goes to vote. Nobody is trying to break your damn league by coming up with a suggestion or a vote. We want it to be better, for more people.

5. Up to this Post, I have not been cheeky to you. But, if you don't like the Super League, feel free to leave. Because if you are going to be cheeky while absolutely having no clue what you are talking about. It's probably for the best that you do :D

Kick me out of the league if that's your decision but I'm not quitting something that as I've said above numerous times I enjoy. As I said above you hate challenges to your ego and this response of yours is case and point.

TLDR: 1) Trafalaxy and Trafalgar are the same map. If you have one banned, surely the other should be aswell. Quoting numbers based on variance rather than FACT is embarassing.
2) If anyone else would like to call for an overview or a vote on the 'round length cut off' for maps please post in support.
3) This started after someone said New Zealand was banned... a medium sized map with no bombards or anything difficult. I don't get it. I do for maps like Hive though. I am not calling for a mass unbanning.
Colonel LFAW

Postby Craig25 on Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:00 am

Stop being cheeky, and, go away.
Major Craig25

Postby Gods Eye on Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:08 am

Sign me up please! Arms Race!!
Cook Gods Eye

Postby 11mi15 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:46 pm

I want to change my home map to Conquer 500.
Major 11mi15

Postby Frox333 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:05 am

In please - Random map as home map
Major Frox333

Postby flexmaster33 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:01 pm

Sorry new to the super league. First season is 17. Do I need to post here to get into season 18 or am I automatically in for 18?
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Lieutenant flexmaster33

Postby paden.rourk on Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:36 pm

I'd like to update my home map for next season to Patch Wars
Sergeant 1st Class paden.rourk

Postby Craig25 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:36 pm

You Automatically continue on. You only need to post if you want a REST SEASON (hold your position in the following Season and you do not need to play), want to change your HOME MAP or want to WITHDRAW from the Tournament at the end of the current Season.

flexmaster33 wrote:Sorry new to the super league. First season is 17. Do I need to post here to get into season 18 or am I automatically in for 18?
Major Craig25

Postby Awoodness on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:29 pm

Home map change to New World
Major Awoodness

Postby sealordgalandral on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:31 am

Rest season please
Major sealordgalandral

Postby Peteee on Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:44 am

Home map change to Wales please.
Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

OrkzRulezĀ®
Sergeant 1st Class Peteee

Postby steve1962 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:27 am

I'm in for next season thanks
Sergeant steve1962

Postby weaselshane on Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:35 am

Can I please change map to 'Random'.

I think I have seen this before. If not ok please can I change to Stalingrad.

Thanks
Captain weaselshane

Postby Craig25 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:13 am

You automaticlly continue in Super League each Season. Only reason you need to post if you have a change to make M8. GL!

steve1962 wrote:I'm in for next season thanks
Major Craig25

Postby Vinpod on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:13 pm

In please no changes
vinpod
Cadet Vinpod

Postby hun1 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:05 pm

Please change my home map to Cricket
Captain hun1

Postby Mass Miracle on Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:17 pm

Just want to make sure I am going back to US Great Lakes.

Thanks,
MM
Major Mass Miracle

Postby Craig25 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:49 am

If you want to check that changes have been done correctly, do so on the 'S18 Set Up' Tab on the LIVE Scoreboards.

Mass Miracle wrote:Just want to make sure I am going back to US Great Lakes.

Thanks,
MM
Major Craig25

Postby FuegoFuego on Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:25 am

Rest season please
Major FuegoFuego

Postby flexmaster33 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:30 pm

I'll switch my home map to Charleston. Thanks
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Lieutenant flexmaster33

Postby Devante on Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:29 am

Map Change - City Mogul

On the banned maps debate, I've glanced a bit but not read in depth so hopefully I didn't miss anything for my statement; It is Stupid. If we are going to have a Super League with many achievements achieved, largest participating players, games played, ongoing seasons, list goes on, even with the settings we play with, we obviously all want it.

The discussion of speed of games comes up frequently, the duration of games likewise, this is all solved with a round limit. Not sure what stats reflect for recent seasons but past seasons I think 11/12 was average. Regardless, if this is a Super League, where all players play heads up with a choice of home map, then by definition banning maps excludes that. Isn't a real CC Super League without all of CC maps being available, so what more can SL have to offer on the table. So...

Simple solution put in a round limit and open up all maps. Understand babysteps so start with round limit. If not then this isn't what it could be, there will always be that "well if this wasn't fixed" or "well it's definitely rigged against the selective", so remove that. So...

How do we solve this or carry on discussion, simple, bring it as our FIFA old leader would, let's try it one season, or at least a poll, call it the no holds barr season or whatever, and let's see if a round limit really changes things. So...

Ummmm.nohing else. Those were my two cents. I enjoy this league and want to see it going, but some fixes are needed. Why stop at 200+ when that number could be 2k+.

Cheers
Major Devante

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2024