Conquer Club

4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 5, 8, 10-14]

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Fog or not?

All Foggy
52%
All Sunny
15%
Foggy Conquest
33%

Total votes : 27

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [22/24+]

Postby 300spartans on Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:43 pm

In pls
Major 300spartans

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [23/24+]

Postby shoop76 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:35 am

in please
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [24/28+]

Postby Devante on Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:43 am

in plz
Major Devante

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [25/28+]

Postby fuatpanza on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:51 pm

In please
Major fuatpanza

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [26/28+]

Postby hmsps on Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:22 am

In please.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [27/28+]

Postby Jim1086 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:25 pm

In Please,
Sergeant 1st Class Jim1086

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Accepting Reserves]

Postby plurple on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:42 am

We have gotten 28 players signed up to the tournament which is 12 more than I was expecting to get :D

I will leave things open to see if we can get a couple of reserves but will be looking for tournament privileges end of tomorrow and games will be winging there way out end of the week/weekend :D

If you haven't voted or have changed your mind on the fogginess just change your vote :D
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [FULL]

Postby plurple on Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:30 am

Ok Folks it is about time we get underway thank you all for joining and lets hope it is smooth sailing throughout :D

The people have spoken and it looks like we are a bunch of vampires who have banished the sun away as all the games will be played in the Fog. So lets hope no one falls down a well and we need to get Lassie to find them :D

I will be sending out games in batches of 4 each on a different map and will try to keep the game count not to high for the tournament but will start us off with 2 batches and so 8 games and see how quickly the games finish with the aim to send out at least 1 new batch a week. hopefully more quickly but we will see how things go :D

Speaking of batches I have randomly picked the maps for batch 1 and 2 and we have Fractured America, Australitz, Rail Africa and Eurasia picked for batch 1 and batch 2 features: Pirates and Merchants, Oceania, Cairns Metro and Bamboo Jack. None of my favourites have been picked yet but none I hate either :)

I will be randomly picking the groups for each map shortly and in theory you could face every other player in the tournament in only 9 games but that is highly unlikely to not have any duplicate opponents :D The groups, maps and scoring is all in the google sheet linked in the 2nd post let me know if I Made any mistakes or I make any in the future :D There is also the list of maps yet to be chosen that you can look through to see what Maps are left :)

I am just waiting for tournament privileges so the games will be making it out today (I hope) Good luck in the tournament and hopefully you all have fun :D

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback at all during the running of the tournament. I will periodically give recaps on the games in this thread so look out for those :)
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1-2]

Postby plurple on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:13 am

Ok it is the weekend and time for an update and a new batch of games :D

Lets start with the update :D we have had 3 and a half games complete and that means an average of 7 rounds or so have completed and so we are at a good pace and we may be able to achieve the batch a week schedule I had planned :D

12 out of 28 players have gotten onto the scoreboard having been involved in at least 1 of the 3.5 completed games :D 2 players have completed 2 games ESQuire and igotaished and as such sit in 1st and 2nd respectively :D

I also realised I didn't account for someone winning by objective which I guess it is good that pirates and merchants was one of the first maps :D If this is the case anyone alive at the time the player wins by objective will share an equal amount of point for the places below first so if no one is dead then each player will get 2 points and if 1 player is dead then each player will get 2.5 points :D and if only 1 other alive is the same as if they were killed :D

If someone wins by round limit I will look at the same criteria as the round limit uses to determine point order :D which is most troops then regions, if still tied will share the points like in objective wins :D

Now on to a discussion of batch 3 and the selection of maps is much worse in my opinion :D some of my least favourites with Trafalaxy, Stalingrad then we also have Salem's Switch and Madagascar. Games will be with you shortly, good luck in the games and I hope everyone has fun :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1-3]

Postby plurple on Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:27 am

Just noticed that I forgot the round limit on batch 3 games lets hope that the Trafalaxy/Stalingrad games don't last forever ](*,) ](*,)
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1-3]

Postby plurple on Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:22 am

Another week is over and it is the weekend :D Hope everyone has a good fun relaxing weekend. So it is time for the tournament update and a new batch of games :D

First we are going to go through a little stats :D We are 45.54% through the first 3 batches. No maps are complete but their are 2 maps that are on the last game and 50% done and just need the winner to claim the game :D Australitz and Cairns Metro. Batch 2 looks like it will finish before batch 1 with 73.21% compared to 52.68% and finally Batch 3 is just 10.71% done with Madagascar being the majority of the finished/eliminated players.

Next we can discuss the fastest and slowest players :D Speading through their games we have Idefix2 who has just 3 games they are alive in scoring 23 points and averaging 2.55 points a game however only managing the 1 win of the 9 games. Bringing up the rear and being the last player to score any points is Devante only on the 4 points avraging 2 points a game but is very deceptive having 10 more games to score in :D also with 10 games left is Boow however they have currently won all of the games they have finished so could be one to watch :D

Speaking of players with a high number of wins at the top of this we have Fuatpanza who has achieved 4 wins :O so a 50% record over the 8 games they have finished and 23 points total. Which is impressive let's see if they can keep it up over the rest of the gauntlet :D On 3 wins we have igotaished who is also sitting at the top of the score board on 24 points or 3 points a game. Also with the 3 wins is plurple however I have only managed to score 20 points over 8 games :D so sitting in 5th and 2.5 points a game or slap bang on the average line :D FInally in last place and needs to find some more points going forward is SuperSian only scoring 8 points over 7 games :(

Next up lets discuss the next batch of games as always 4 more games are coming to each player and I will remember the round limit this time :D We are playing on Rorke's Drift, Netherlands, District of Alaska and Antarctica. So mostly geographical ones but with a conquest element in the frozen wastelands :D Still yet to hit any of my favourite maps and just the 1 beta map, still a long way to go. Good luck and have fun in the games as well as a good weekend :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1-4]

Postby plurple on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:56 am

Another week is over and we are already into February :o where does the time go??? Anyway enough of my existential crisis. We are 52% through the games from batches 1-4 or: 75.9%, 83%, 42.8% and 9% respectively. Have also had 3 maps completely finish: Australitz, Rail Africa and Cairns Metro. Also 3 maps that are yet to lose any players: Stalingrad(which I hope doesn't continue as no round limit :/), Rorke's Drift and District of Alaska.

Next we will talk about the fastest and slowest players :D speeding ahead and only having 4 games left each are 300Spartans who is also sitting at the top of the pack with a score of 33 and 4 wins for an average of 2.75 points a game :D and idefix2 who was fastest last week as well :D so continuing to play at a blistering pace, but not doing quite as well with an average of 2.17 or 26 points and 1 win :) Bringing up the rear being the tortoise of the group is Ertai with 11 games still playing and as such also at the bottom with only 7 points :( or 1.4 points a game and yet to win a game.

The most consistent players so far and so looking to be threat for doing well are the 2 players with an average of 3 points a game are crazystef on 27 points and 2 wins and igotaished with only 24 points and 3 wins to their name. To put it into perspective both players have been averaging 2nd over all of their finished games :D

Joining Fuatpanza on 4 wins are 300spartans that we discussed earlier, plurple on 26 points averaging 2.6 and Ewebasher on 25 points but averaging 2.78 and the most games left of the 4 winners :D There are still 5 players who have yet to claim victory in the 56 completed games so far hjelp, SuperSian, Mageplunka69, traffic133 and ertai

Next to have a look at the coming maps in Batch 5: Northwest Passage, Monsters, Fractured China and Conquer Man. So a lot of larger maps and a couple I have enjoyed in the past with Northwest Passage and Monsters :D Games will be with you all later today, Good luck in the games and let me know if there are any issues or other comments on the tournament :)
Last edited by plurple on Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1-5]

Postby plurple on Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 pm

OK it is the weekend again :o What a terrible week I have been having, But whatever time for a tournament update :D

We are 59.11% through the games from the first 5 batches :D with only 1 map for each of batch 1 and 2 or 5/56 games still to finish :D Batch 3 we are at 64% complete with the 2 longer maps still with few games complete or players eliminated. so hopefully my mistake with the no round limit won't end up mattering :D Batch 4 is going nicely with 2 of the maps nearly finished. With the Netherlands with 2 games and Antarctica with the 1 game left. Batch 5 has only had a single elimination in all 28 games so still a while to go.

With 8 maps now complete I have added a section to the score board to get a snapshot of how players are doing in the fully completed maps :D if things were to end today then YouOnKazoo would be our winner with 5 wins and 26 points. Closely behind them is crazystef also on 26 but only the 3 wins :D In 3rd would be jim1086 also getting 3 wins but only 25 points :D

We still have 3 players without a win :( Mageplunka69, SuperSian and Ertai so they are currently sitting towards the bottom of the score board but plenty of games left for them to turn it around and come out on top :D

Slowest player is Ertai as mentioned no wins and has 16 points from the 9 games they have finished. And the fastest player is 300Spartans who is only left in the 4 games from batch 5. THey have also gotten the most wins with 6 and a total points of 43 :D Also on 6 wins is Ewebasher however they have 4 more games active than 300 so could be at the top with a few more games completed :D

Now for a look at the coming maps we have: Classic Cities: Jakarta, Italy, WW2 Poland and Iceland. So a small one, a conquest and 2 mid size geographical ones. So it should be a quicker batch of games :D Games will be sent out shortly good luck in the games and hopefully everyone is having fun with the games :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1-6]

Postby plurple on Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:38 am

Another week* has passed and games have finished :D we now have 1 of the batches of games completely finished :D it is batch 2. Though we are close to also finishing batch 1 with 3 games, batch 3 with just the 1 game and batch 4 with only 5 games left to complete :D batch 5 is sitting at 30.36% and batch 6 is up to 25% complete.

So time for a look at the snapshot with 12 completed maps now if we were to stop now ewebasher would be the winner with 37 points and 7 wins, also on 37 points but only 6 wins is YouOnKazoo and lastly in 3rd also on 37 points is igotaished with just 5 wins.

Over all of the results to date we have 4 players on 8 victories 300Spartans, igotaished, ewebasher and D3A7H so look out if any of them are in your games :D Inversely still yet to claim sweet sweet victory are ertai and superSian so having a much rougher competition, so hopefully they can get some better luck and claim victory soon :D

The fastest player being 300Spartans who has just the 3 games left that they are active in for 59 points and as previously mentioned 8 wins for an average of 2.81 points a game. Playing at a slower snails pace are traffic133 on 1 victory and ertai who as mentioned is yet to claim a win :(

Now for a look at the 4 maps for batch 7 we have France, Chinese Checkers, High Seas and new world. So for the most part pretty basic maps with a couple of geographic and a game board map with the checkers map that has never been my favourite but not to complex. Then what is arguably my favourite map with New World so have been looking forward to this map :D

Games will be sent out shortly so keep an eye out for 4 new games each :D
Last minute stat we have completed 116 games so far with 52 currently active soon to be 80 :D

*Definition of the length of a week varies and this week it seems to have been a longer one :)
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1, 3-7]

Postby plurple on Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 am

More time has passed and we have more results :D of the games sent out we have an 84.57% completion. with batches 2 and 3 fully complete and batch 1, 2 games away and batch 4 just the 1 game.

In less good news it looks like traffic133 has dropped off of CC :( I hope they are ok but I will be replacing them with the reserve darin44 going forward :)

With 17 maps fully complete it looks like Igotaished is really running away with the tournament sitting on 10/17 1st and 57 points. So one to watch out for if they are in any of your upcoming games.

We are down to just the 1 player yet to secure victory in Ertai and I suppose Darin44 but they inherit 1 victory from traffic133 :D

Games will be sent out shortly on the following maps hopefully I won't mislabel them this time :D There is a new map in the roster to be selected as well with my new map classic conquest making it to live beta so check that out please :D

We did select a beta map but it was not my map :D First selection being pi-school, we also have Haiti, Holy Roman Empire and Rail South America. Games will be out shortly and hopefully with no mistakes from me :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1, 4-8]

Postby plurple on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:51 pm

It is the weekend again and it is time for batch 9. Though there is no progress in batch 8 :D there are only batch 7 and 4 other maps with games still ongoing :D So we have 20 fully completed maps and igotaished is still comfortably at the top. Still on 0 wins is ertai :( has had a few 2nd places recently but just missed out on the first place in the end.

Now for a look at the maps for batch 9: We have Discworld, Middle Ages, 1982 and space, so 3 mostly geographic and middle ages with some more complicated features.

Next week the st patricks map is opening up so will be part of batch 10 and easter will open up at the end of the month so will be in batch 11 or 12 :D

Good luck in the games and 4 new games will be with you soon.
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1, 4-8]

Postby plurple on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:11 am

Saint Patricks day is upon us and the map has opened up so is time for batch 10 to go out :D I probably won't send out batch 11 until the Easter map opens up on the 28th as game count is starting to grow again as we have few results for batch 8 and 9 :D

Looks like the batch 1 games will go to round limit and the same is looking to be true for the Batch 5 games so probably going to be a while for those games to come in :D We have 24 fully complete maps so far which takes us to about 9% through the tournament :D

Darin44 and ertai both got wins this week so all players now have at least 1 win in the tournament :D Igotaished is still sitting at the top with 89 points and 15 wins :D while 41 points behind that is Darin44 on 49 points and 2 wins :D

The maps of batch 10 will be Saint patricks day :D, WW2 Eaatern Front, Sydney Metro and Egypt: Upper so a couple of small maps with St pat and egypt a couple of mid size geographical maps.

Good luck in the games and hope you are all having fun :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 4 player Terminator Gauntlet [Batch 1, 5, 8-10]

Postby plurple on Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 am

Easter has come and gone and we are now playing batches 11-13 we are 17.17% tournament complete with 15.42% full maps complete. igotaished is still sitting pretty at the top 8 points ahead of 2nd place and averaging 2nd place over the 45 games they have finished. We got classic as the 49th map we played. Still 50.5 batches to go with batch 14 will be sent out in the next day or so covering Brazil, Jamaica, Chicago and King's Court. I will have to remember that the Jamaica game isn't assassin :D

Good luck in the current and upcoming games :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Previous

Return to Ongoing