Conquer Club

✪ ✪ ✪ CONQUEROPOLY 1 [VIRTUAL] [Needing Rescue] ✪ ✪ ✪

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ✪ ✪ ✪ CONQUEROPOLY 1 [VIRTUAL] [Round 1] ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:11 am

bobbythomson wrote:Okay, the only mistake I can possibly see is whether I should count one square to get from Germany to the first station. If that is it, I get a different answer, but no longer feel qualified to accept the prize. So will keep that answer to myself. If there is some other mistake, I will keep looking. Not sure if I count "Stop" as a square, but I think I do.

When using a railway bonus, no dice is counted to reach the station before you play your total dices.

And STOP is a square, like all "?" signs are squares too;
You can see that, like a regular monopoly, you can ALWAYS count 10 squares beetween two Railways, and you can always count 10 squares beetween two continents.
The CQP board is made with 5 five sides of 10 squares each , representing the five continents, (instead only 4 sides of 10 squares into a regular monopoly).
you can imagine it's a pentagona, what was my first idea when I started to draw CQP board, but it doesn't fit well for a map :D

When you'll see the proper answer, I'm pretty sure you'll say : "Damn, how did I messed up on the count".
I promess it's actually pretty easy once you've understood, like you have, how dice and railway works.

This is the board without the solution, showing the bonuses held (the pawn color is not the good one for the example I know, but do we really care?).
I don't know if it will help.

You know you can play 4 /7 /8 /10 /11 from either Germany, R europe, R asia
You understood that there can not be more than 15 possibilities (5 dice possib. x 3 possible starting position).
And you also thought about removing the destination shown twice.
You firstly counted 11, then 12, and I was pretty sure you'll found it for your 3rd proposition....

Also all bonuses possibilities are shown on the map, see the red circle!

If you're sure you don't want to qualify anymore for this challenge, I can send you the proper solution by PM, so you'll try to understand and maybe you can explain to all, much better than me. :(
It will be this same image, but showing all landing points ;)

DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby bobbythomson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:19 am

I (correctly) did not count getting to the station in my original calculations.

Now I am wondering if one lands on a station that one owns, in this case Blood Farmers own Asia Railway, does one AUTOMATICALLY end up at the next station?

If that is true, I see where I went wrong.

In calculations for the move without using any stations, 11 ended up on the Asia Railway. If that means automatically goes to the next station, the Blood Farmers would have landed on Australian Railway twice, and the answer should be 14 not 15. I will leave it to you whether I can qualify - I do not want anyone thinking I got this answer by merely guessing.
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 am

bobbythomson wrote:I (correctly) did not count getting to the station in my original calculations.

Now I am wondering if one lands on a station that one owns, in this case Blood Farmers own Asia Railway, does one AUTOMATICALLY end up at the next station?
I'm not sure what you mean there! Can you reformulate?

In calculations for the move without using any stations, 11 ended up on the Asia Railway. If that means automatically goes to the next station, the Blood Farmers would have landed on Australian Railway twice, and the answer should be 14 not 15. I will leave it to you whether I can qualify - I do not want anyone thinking I got this answer by merely guessing.
No, if you end your dice on Railway Asia with your dice, you end there. The railway are used ONLY as more STARTING possibilities BEFORE YOU PLAY DICES.
You're guessing, but you're trying to found the proper answer, so it's more than fine!

Guys! If you're tired about looking what's the proper solution I can stop this brain storming.
I show you the answer and I can create another challenge about dice possibilities to make sure all have understood.
Do you think it's better? It don't want this challenge become a pain:::: :D
Let me know.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:07 am

DJENRE wrote:
bobbythomson wrote:I (correctly) did not count getting to the station in my original calculations.

I'm not sure what you mean there! Can you reformulate?

No, if you end your dice on Railway Asia with your dice, you end there. The railway are used ONLY as more STARTING possibilities BEFORE YOU PLAY DICES.
You're guessing, but you're trying to found the proper answer, so it's more than fine!

Guys! If you're tired about looking what's the proper solution I can stop this brain storming.
I show you the answer and I can create another challenge about dice possibilities to make sure all have understood.
Do you think it's better? It don't want this challenge become a pain:::: :D
Let me know.

too late :lol: :lol:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 am

...as a side note you forgot to mention in that Challenge where are the other team...lol...because if we are using the actual map with team who already played then you may have conflict to stop on a case that is already occupied...therefore we are missing data here... :lol: :lol:

sorry I :arrow: ....just wanted to brainstorm even more.... :mrgreen:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:17 am

Mad777 wrote:too late :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad777 wrote:...as a side note you forgot to mention in that Challenge where are the other team...lol...because if we are using the actual map with team who already played then you may have conflict to stop on a case that is already occupied...therefore we are missing data here... :lol: :lol:

sorry I :arrow: ....just wanted to brainstorm even more.... :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: indeed you're right but I didn't want that to be too complicated! What it is already! :(

I didn't tell it, but maybe this team also earn a "?" card saying : move to EUROPA,
Can I use it first? then move to the next railway, then play my dice???
Ho my goodness!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kidding of couse, this cannot happened, the "move to " cards are played directly after drawing the card

:D
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby bobbythomson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am

Madd777's "too late" made me feel the answer must have been given, but I have been unable to find it.

I can't find the error in my calculations so I am ready for the answer and the next challenge, please!

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:48 am

bobbythomson wrote:Madd777's "too late" made me feel the answer must have been given, but I have been unable to find it.

I can't find the error in my calculations so I am ready for the answer and the next challenge, please!

No worries, the "too late" was in regards of DJENRE's hope about this challenge to not become a pain....otherwise I'm like you for the solution...can't think further... :-s

Alright DJENRE, throw the solution...let's see what we have missed... 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 am

Ok guys I drop the image quickly because I'm leaving home right now.

NICE vs MONACO tonight with my nephew !

I gonna explain further and I'll update this post later.

I drawned you the 3 starting points (3 different colors squares) + every territ they can reach with dice (the circles, with the corresponding colors)
Remember that dice possibilities were 4 /7/8/10/11 for any of the starting point.

It gives in total 13 possibilities.
GREATER CHINA and R ASIA are reachable twice

bobby I'm pretty sure your mistake comes from the "?" spots, you firstly counted 1, then you said 2, there are actually 3 different "?" squares to be reached.

I've also send a quick reminder to team 9 about their turn to take, I don't know if they will come with more questions.....

BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby bobbythomson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks for the nice understandable explanation - yes, you are right that I deserved a zero.

My consolation is that at least I knew all the places I could go even if I could go there more than once!!

So, who are you rooting for, Nice or Monaco?

Postby bobbythomson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks for the great challenge - let's have more! It helped me learn these rules

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 pm

bobbythomson wrote:Thanks for the nice understandable explanation - yes, you are right that I deserved a zero.

My consolation is that at least I knew all the places I could go even if I could go there more than once!!

So, who are you rooting for, Nice or Monaco?

Nope I told you that like in a math exam, everything can turn into a zero because the first calculation is wrong.

You don't deserve a zero! You understood the rules pretty well.

So you messed up about the "?" sign ? right? Because you're method was good.

I'll set up another challenge soon, no problem.

I have to deal first with one missing team.
The teamate told me to remove them from the tournament but I have still no feedback from the captain.

I wait a bit more to take any decision.

Anybody know a good team ready to jump into this kind of game?

Edit : I'm from Nice, but they've lost lol
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby DJENRE on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 am

Well, I still don't have any answer from king_herpes, who is the captain.$
I tried several time by both wall and pm
Only this from demonfork :

demonfork wrote:please remove us from whatever this game is. It's super retarded whatever it is.

I wait a few more hours to see if he answers.
If not, this team will be removed from the game and the property they stand on will be sent for the first auction sale.
I'm not able to found another double team that quickly into this kind of tournaments. I'm sure all of you can understand.
I presume it's not a big deal to see 9 teams instead 10 there.

DJ 8-)

Postby bobbythomson on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 am

Sorry your team lost!

I went to Nice once - but didn't get to spend any time there. I loved Provence - stayed in Avignon and traveled around to Orange, Aix en Provence, St. Remy (?), and many other places by car - I remember the Roman Aqueduct, the really cool hill top towns, artist haunts, and the wonderful food and wine - and the people. Way different from Paris where when someone said "charcuterie" it sounded like "charcutree". One of my favorite meals was in a tiny restaurant - I had the "prix fixe menu". When I asked what the wonderful main dish was I remember the owner telling me it was just "du boef."

Yes, it was the 3 ??? that did me in. I looked back at my original notes for the proof and I had all the right info, just interpreted it wrongly.

What kind of CC player calls one of your tournaments "retarded"? I'd be tempted to kick that team out just for that. Nine teams will be better anyway.

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

Nine is fine

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

bobbythomson wrote:Sorry your team lost!

I went to Nice once - but didn't get to spend any time there. I loved Provence - stayed in Avignon and traveled around to Orange, Aix en Provence, St. Remy (?), and many other places by car - I remember the Roman Aqueduct, the really cool hill top towns, artist haunts, and the wonderful food and wine - and the people. Way different from Paris where when someone said "charcuterie" it sounded like "charcutree". One of my favorite meals was in a tiny restaurant - I had the "prix fixe menu". When I asked what the wonderful main dish was I remember the owner telling me it was just "du boef."

Yes, it was the 3 ??? that did me in. I looked back at my original notes for the proof and I had all the right info, just interpreted it wrongly.

What kind of CC player calls one of your tournaments "retarded"? I'd be tempted to kick that team out just for that. Nine teams will be better anyway.

lol another nice waiter on our own!!! :D
Around the region you could also have been served some "taureau" meat (bull) ;)
Never mind for Nice lose. I'm supporting but I'm not a hooligan :D

I was sure for the "?", you see, finally it was a brainstorming but it wasn't that hard?

"retarded".... well.... :? ... Never mind ;)

Also for all :
The post for challenge #1 have been edited with the solution explained.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380&p=4999814#p4999814

DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

AUCTION SALES #1

Postby DJENRE on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 am

01-10 16:07 TEAM 2RBP IS ELIMINATED
01-10 16:08 Balkan Peninsula go to the AUCTION SALES #1
--------------------------------------> :?: PENDING QUESTION :?: All teams must submit by PM to DJENRE

AUCTION SALES
Once a territ is given to the auction sale :
All teams must tell the TO (secret PM) and tell how many credits they want to put into the auction.
After 24 hours (or once all teams have submitted), all proposition are shown into the thread.
If a team has given more than any other team, this team get the property and give the credits to TAXES.
If no team has given more than another, the property remain on the board as a free territ.

Also when a team is eliminated, all their territs go to the auction sales one after another (not grouped).
If a team is eliminated, the credits left to be paid (to another tribe or to taxes) will be firstly taken on all the credits earned by the territories sent to the auction sales.

Please send me a pm telling : Auction Sales # 1 Balkan Peninsula : Team xxx bet xxx cr
replace the xxx of course!
*Our auction (team Dragons) has been sent already by PM to xroads for verification.

Regarding the elimination of Team 2RBP, their credits are shared beetween all teams (will be edited after the auction).
The 2 credits left will be given into another quick challenge (see next post).

Won by PLUNKA With 4 credits!
:arrow: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380&p=5001552#p5001552
Last edited by DJENRE on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

CHALLENGE #2

Postby DJENRE on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 am

CHALLENGE #2

What was the original name of the Monopoly?

The TWO first team giving the proper answer BY PM to DJENRE will earn +1cr!

DJ 8-)

Answer is : The landlord's game!

Won by PLUNKA & CHESIRE CATS

:arrow: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380&p=5001552#p5001552
Last edited by DJENRE on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby bobbythomson on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 am

Atlantic City

Postby itstheGeneral on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm

The Landlord's Game...
Major itstheGeneral

Location: When the rich wage war, it is the poor who die., CHEATS DON'T LET YOU SEE A FOG MAP..

Postby DJENRE on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 pm

itstheGeneral wrote:The Landlord's Game...

DJENRE wrote:
itstheGeneral wrote:Sorry my friend i don't understand, how this works...I don't see the game... Am i missing a site or a invite,to the game... :roll:

There no game started yet until somebody stops on a property owned. Then we'll start a game. It will come fast as many properties become owned in Round 1.

About the challenge, you answered on thread instead by pm, but never mind, we have already 2 winners.

About the auction, it depends if you really want this property or not, you can put zero credits or 10, or even all your credits to make sure you take the property.

Make sure you check it with wizz00 and submit BY PM!!! to me how many credits you want to bet on BALKAN

is it clearer?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby DJENRE on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 am

DJENRE wrote:Hello, remember you have to submit your auction by pm.

A few hours left to you, or the auction wil be considered closed.

1/JUST US torres44cm [C] & suzieq51
3/CHESIRE CATS MagnusGreeol [C] & bobbythomson
4/WIDOWMAKERS Wizz00 [C] & itsthegeneral
10/ULTRAS ultrafit [C] & eaglelem

After the auction ,we'll play ULTRAS' move for Round1 .
DJ 8-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CQP Elim + Auction + Challenge
Date: 11 Jan 2018, 12:38
To: TeeGee, dragon dor, AtreidesHouse, conquerhero, King_Herpes, Mageplunka69, ultrafit, demonfork, eaglelem, Odeuminus, Mad777, DJENRE, IcePack, torres44cm, MagnusGreeol, hjelp, Wizz00, suzieq51, itstheGeneral, bobbythomson

DJENRE wrote:Image

Hello all,

Team 9 is eliminated.
An auction sales is now on and you must submit to me BY PM ONLY : see http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380&p=5000854#p5000853

Also, their credits are shared beetween all and a quick challenge is created fo the remains credits : http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=225380&p=5000854#p5000854

DJ 8-)

Postby torres44cm on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 pm

We are totally confused about how to play this game, every link I click takes me no where except to a area on this forum. I understand there a auction, but dont see anything to link and bid on, please clarify
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby DJENRE on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm

torres44cm wrote:We are totally confused about how to play this game, every link I click takes me no where except to a area on this forum. I understand there a auction, but dont see anything to link and bid on, please clarify

Hello torres, no problem to clarify. The spoiler below show the post we are referring about the auction :

show

You just have to send me a pm and tell me if you want or not take part in this auction for Balkan. It's not mandatory and you can just say : " we don't want it".
Remember to submit by pm.
Is it clearer?

torres44cm wrote:Just Us would like to bid on the auction, but are totally confused as to how to play this tourney, I see its virtual, but there must be something to look at to particpate correctly.
Torres

DJENRE wrote:Into the tournament thread, the very first post* show the board + the game log + infos about what is going on.
There is also all links needed to other post into the same tournament thread.
So normally this very first post into the tournament thread is like your CONTROL PANEL for this tournament.

The second post explain all rules for the tournament.
But when a new kind of gameplay pop up (like the auction this round), I make a reminder for all about rules and how to procedd, and the link to this proper post is included into the first post for a few round, the time players can acclimate themselves with the rules.

*When your forum settings are "show from latest to newest" ! If not it will be the last post and not the first!

If you understand that, you'll be able to participate correctly while being competitive! ;)

Regarding the auction, I answered into the thread for you.
I gonna see if you answered here.
We can keep talking into the thread so everybody can have those clarification if they need it too.

DJ 8-)

RESULTS AUCTION #1 & CHALLENGE #2

Postby DJENRE on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 am

See into this spoiler all pm received with their time stamps.
Please note that it's CC TIME +6 hours
show

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned