Conquer Club

Make Avatars Mandatory

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Make Avatars Mandatory

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Concise description:
  • Every user needs an avatar
  • Those who abuse avatar privileges or are guested get a shame-a-tar
  • There will be stock avatars for people to choose from

Specifics/Details:
  • Basically, people can no longer long in or take turns until they choose an avatar
  • The stock avatars can be one of five, or they can be randomly generated for each new user

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • community is everything on this site, as the community dies, the site dies
  • this will be something that helps everyone in every way
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Make Avatars Mandatory

Postby riskllama on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm for it!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:47 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Concise description:

No.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 pm

mrswdk wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Concise description:

No.

yes - but they should be so horrid that it would force people to choose something for themselves say, a bag of dicks, for example. 9/10 on this one, DY... =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Yynatago on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Every user needs an avatar

No they don't.

DoomYoshi wrote:Basically, people can no longer long in or take turns until they choose an avatar

Horrible Idea.

DoomYoshi wrote:community is everything on this site, as the community dies, the site dies

This idea does not improve the community and it serves to detract from it. Certain users might like every user, but forcing every user to choose an avatar isn't community building.

DoomYoshi wrote:this will be something that helps everyone in every way

*Citation needed.
Colonel Yynatago

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:58 am

Coming from a guy who has an avatar? Hypocrisy????
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Yynatago wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:community is everything on this site, as the community dies, the site dies

This idea does not improve the community and it serves to detract from it. Certain users might like every user, but forcing every user to choose an avatar isn't community building.

So how does it detract? Name one benefit that avatar-less users provide to the community. All they are doing is showing that they don't care.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:42 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Yynatago wrote:

So how does it detract? Name one benefit that avatar-less users provide to the community. All they are doing is showing that they don't care.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of every player enriching the site with beautiful and creative avatar images... but forcing red star dullards to pick banal ready-made pictures off a list is not the answer.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Yynatago wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of every player enriching the site with beautiful and creative avatar images... but forcing red star dullards to pick banal ready-made pictures off a list is not the answer.

Then scrap the default avatars. Have one default avatar that says "I hate society" or "Hilary For President" or something equally revolting.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:09 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Yynatago wrote:

Then scrap the default avatars. Have one default avatar that says "I hate society" or "Hilary For President" or something equally revolting.

How about a vaguely anus-like star inside a red circle?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby mrswdk on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:43 am

Some stock avatar suggestions:

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm

I aprove this suggestion. Suck it avatarless poopoos
Major betiko

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:29 pm

- Ok,,,,ummm,,,,How about a compromise, How about BW makes it so on a certain date/time, Everyone who does not have an avatar, Their country flag takes over as their avatar, and they have a choice to keep it or discard it for no avatar, make everyone have it, but they always have the option to remove it themselves?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Ok,,,,ummm,,,,How about a compromise, How about BW makes it so on a certain date/time, Everyone who does not have an avatar, Their country flag takes over as their avatar, and they have a choice to keep it or discard it for no avatar, make everyone have it, but they always have the option to remove it themselves?

That could work. Opt-out is better than opt-in.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 am

- There are members who don't know how to place an avatar, thats why they go without, Some don't care either way, If we make it so everyone new and old have their country flag as avatar, I think most would just keep it, Some it might encourage to make a change to another avatar, And few would discard for no avatar?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- There are members who don't know how to place an avatar, thats why they go without, Some don't care either way, If we make it so everyone new and old have their country flag as avatar, I think most would just keep it, Some it might encourage to make a change to another avatar, And few would discard for no avatar?

Would the default country flag avatar change if your country changes, for example, while traveling?
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:53 am

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:- There are members who don't know how to place an avatar, thats why they go without, Some don't care either way, If we make it so everyone new and old have their country flag as avatar, I think most would just keep it, Some it might encourage to make a change to another avatar, And few would discard for no avatar?

Would the default country flag avatar change if your country changes, for example, while traveling?

- No, Where you originated will not change because of travel, The avy will remain from which thoust reigned?'')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:56 am

...Well we already are forced to have a location flag... :roll: .......Let a see...a lot of members come from The Union Jack and Stars and Stripes,and are forced upon them those horrible flags...
.......I say, do what many Native Americans do,fly The Stars and Bars and Battle Flags...Kool...,historical.........and gives the USA the middle finger......I think that is why a lot people of THE INDIAN(Native American) Confederacy....fly The Stars and Bars and The Battle Flag...I wonder why? ;)
-------Maybe they were of the Ancestors of the Cherokee and Choctaw Regiments,who fought for THE SOUTH,or maybe they like giving the ones who took their land in the name of "Manifest Destiny",the middle finger... :D
-------There are many different kinds of flags of those who fought with Honor for THE SOUTH...People can use them as their Avatar,and stick their fingers at The Horrible USA Government,who even to this day...Tries and forces American values on the rest of the world...Like America is God's gift to the world or something...Everyone in the world must live as Americans... :roll: ...Well China has done just fine for over 4,000 years,maybe everyone should be following ,Chinese values... O:) ... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D...or have people without avatars get....Like in high school yearbooks ...roy moore might sign...."PHOTO NOT AVAILABLE" ........student was absent ....out with roy on picture day... :lol:
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon May 07, 2018 5:26 am

- Could have it so all without an avy, and all NR's, sport the Conquer Club star?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby cmbdiesel on Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 am

Thorthoth wrote:How about a vaguely anus-like star inside a red circle?

I thought that anus was a picture of your face....
Lieutenant cmbdiesel

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby HitRed on Mon May 07, 2018 3:23 pm

I still like this one. 100% chance of replacement.

Against the idea though. Freedom!
Captain HitRed

Postby brianclucken on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:06 am

Agree
New Recruit brianclucken

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:56 pm

brianclucken wrote:Agree

Perfect. That's the last vote we needed to make this official.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby HitRed on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
brianclucken wrote:Agree

Perfect. That's the last vote we needed to make this official.

I think he was agreeing with my post.
Captain HitRed

Next

Return to Suggestions