Conquer Club

[CC8] R2: LHDD (42) vs LOTZ (1) - LHDD Wins - Final 5/23/18

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC8] Round 2: LHDD (6) vs (0) LOTZ

Postby Donelladan on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:06 am

Well, already impossible betiko, we have at least 2 win secured on 2nd set :) and I wouldn't have found it fun !
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:57 am

Amazing, well done.
This whole "100% winratio" thing... I'm a big fan.
Major Arama86n

Re: [CC8] Round 2: LHDD (12) vs (0) LOTZ

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 am

I bet LHDD are glad they hired me as their performance coach.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 am

loutil wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
rockfist wrote:Its a tough path for us, with likely having to face FOED and S&M to get there, but we need to get back to the finals after last year's failure.

?????

Not sure what you are questioning? We failed in the semi-finals last year vs S&M.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jltile1 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:09 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
rockfist wrote:He's saying that its not a forgone conclusion that those are the teams we will face, I think...and I admit that its not, but unless there is an upset, those are the teams we will face.

Yeah basically, although mostly in jest. We'll be playing S&M once we beat PACK.

Good luck with that kid. :roll: :lol:
Major jltile1

Re: [CC8] Round 2: LHDD (17) vs (0) LOTZ

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:29 pm

23-0 and we're through to the next round (FALL?).
we're still up for a clean sheet.
Or as in french we'd say... leave them "Fanny". When this happens, the loser has to make a walk of shame and pass under a table crawling. It's french tradition when an opponent hasn't managed to save his honnour by scoring at least a point, then you call them Fanny on top of that (although in French it's just a female name, not female genitals. French girls called Fanny can have a hard time in Britain if they reveal their name).
I hope this gives LOTZ enough motivation to try a little harder. Has anybody ever seen a clean sheet in clan wars? I don't think I have.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:47 pm

betiko wrote:23-0 and we're through to the next round (FALL?).
Or as in french we'd say... leave them "Fanny". When this happens, the loser has to make a walk of shame and pass under a table crawling. It's french tradition when an opponent hasn't managed to save his honnour by scoring at least a point, then you call them Fanny on top of that (although in French it's just a female name, not female genitals. French girls called Fanny can have a hard time in Britain if they reveal their name).
I hope this gives LOTZ enough motivation to try a little harder. Has anybody ever seen a clean sheet in clan wars? I don't think I have.

Per my research done for January Platoon Report (Clanaholic* Top 5 Article) the highest win margins ever are:

Largest Margin of Victory (Win %):
1T. SC (37) v KRB (4) - 90.2%
1T. FOED (37) v LOTZ (4) - 90.2%
3. Sky Force (18) v Water's Fury (2) - 90%
4. TOFU (36) v SoH (5) - 87.8%
5. KNT (36) v LI (5) - 87.8%

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:23-0 and we're through to the next round (FALL?).

Per my research done for January Platoon Report (Clanaholic* Top 5 Article) the highest win margins ever are:

Largest Margin of Victory (Win %):
1T. SC (37) v KRB (4) - 90.2%
1T. FOED (37) v LOTZ (4) - 90.2%
3. Sky Force (18) v Water's Fury (2) - 90%
4. TOFU (36) v SoH (5) - 87.8%
5. KNT (36) v LI (5) - 87.8%

lol LI. those were like a random dozen of italians that tried to make a clan with no experience and like 80% clueless freemium players... cause there were no other italians to pick on the site. I wonder why we have so few italians on the site by the way.
Pretty sure we'll beat that record then. We can afford to lose 4 games and still get the highest % ever.
up to 24-0
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Nice work I guess (I don't know how opponents that weak prepare you for Fallen though). Wait did I read that correctly that, LOTZ is going to qualify for this list twice?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:25 pm

rockfist wrote:Nice work I guess (I don't know how opponents that weak prepare you for Fallen though). Wait did I read that correctly that, LOTZ is going to qualify for this list twice?

Potentially, thereā€™s no guarantees.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:36 pm

That's a dubious distinction.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:37 pm

rockfist wrote:Nice work I guess (I don't know how opponents that weak prepare you for Fallen though). Wait did I read that correctly that, LOTZ is going to qualify for this list twice?

I mean to be fair, LOTZ will make it onto the list against LHDD and FOED. That's less embarrassing than being on the list for losing to KNT or SC in my opinion.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:24 pm

It would still embarass me.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:00 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:

I mean to be fair, LOTZ will make it onto the list against LHDD and FOED. That's less embarrassing than being on the list for losing to KNT or SC in my opinion.

Fair point.

Regarding our preparation against FALL.. we're just finishing our war against LOW and we won.
We did a rather quiet season this year... atlantis, phoenix, low and lotz. Who knows where we will be standing against top notch clans, but we arrive fresh and with the boost of confidence you get for winning without trying too hard as we never reached the danger zone. That's a double edge though.

Ps: just saw there is a game we are going to lose on upper egypt, so no clean sheet for us. I think it s close to impossible to make a clean sheet. You need tons of luck.
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:52 am

rockfist wrote:It would still embarass me.

What you have to realize is that LOTZ exists for entirely different reasons than our clan. I don't believe they turn away anyone based on lack of skill, and that they play for fun.
That said, yeah, they have historically been at the very bottom of the list year after year.
But hey! Someone has to fill that position too, and LOTZ fill it with distinction :D

This war takes the cake though.
Major Arama86n

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:23 am

Arama86n wrote:
rockfist wrote:It would still embarass me.

What you have to realize is that LOTZ exists for entirely different reasons than our clan. I don't believe they turn away anyone based on lack of skill, and that they play for fun.
That said, yeah, they have historically been at the very bottom of the list year after year.
But hey! Someone has to fill that position too, and LOTZ fill it with distinction :D

This war takes the cake though.

lotz was already there before i even joined CC. They have always been a bottom ranked clan, and they are still there. There is just no other clan like that... they all get tired of losing and disban after a while. In that sense, it takes a certain type of player to be in lotz. Just playing for fun and not giving a shit about losing. They have won 2 wars (of 34) in 8 years of existence, have the worse game winning ratio and they are still there. I have a great respect for that. It's the best losing clan of CC's history. I bet there is a great companionship in their forum.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:07 am

I play for fun. Its just a lot more fun winning than losing IMO. ;)
Brigadier rockfist

Postby donche64 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Fair point.

Regarding our preparation against FALL.. we're just finishing our war against LOW and we won.
We did a rather quiet season this year... atlantis, phoenix, low and lotz. Who knows where we will be standing against top notch clans, but we arrive fresh and with the boost of confidence you get for winning without trying too hard as we never reached the danger zone. That's a double edge though.

Ps: just saw there is a game we are going to lose on upper egypt, so no clean sheet for us. I think it s close to impossible to make a clean sheet. You need tons of luck.

Sry bout dat :( :( :oops: :oops:

You have been awarded the medal "Clan Achievement"

For being named MVP of the Premier Division of [CL7] Clan League VII

...thus being better than Mishalex!
Colonel donche64

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 pm

donche64 wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Fair point.

You're probably better off losing a few games so that IcePack doesn't f*ck you guys over anyway.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 pm

donche64 wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Fair point.

you will get spanked!!!! :lol:
let's see if we can keep it to 1 loss?

28-1
Major betiko

Postby donche64 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 am

betiko wrote:
donche64 wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Fair point.

you will get spanked!!!! :lol:
let's see if we can keep it to 1 loss?

28-1

not that of a punishment!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Colonel donche64

Re: [CC8] Round 2: LHDD (26) vs (1) LOTZ

Postby rockfist on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:15 am

I don't even see how this is possible..you'd think by pure luck they'd win 10-15% of the games, but I can see its 32-1.

I'm not saying LHDD aren't very good. You clearly are, but this is ridiculous.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:38 am

rockfist wrote:I don't even see how this is possible..you'd think by pure luck they'd win 10-15% of the games, but I can see its 32-1.

Let's be honnest here... no offense to lotz, but I have probably already faced tougher opposition. First rounds of the CC are generally a walk in the park, this time we even have time for a picnic.
Major betiko

Postby donche64 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:18 am

rockfist wrote:I don't even see how this is possible..you'd think by pure luck they'd win 10-15% of the games, but I can see its 32-1.

Lots of missed turns, often on crucial turns when the game is still undecided

Colonel donche64

Re: [CC8] Round 2: LHDD (32) vs (1) LOTZ

Postby Arama86n on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Too bad about missing the clean sheet. Would have been incredible to see, and an amazing achievement.
I suppose winning by the biggest margin ever will "have to do".
Well done LHDD =D> =D> =D>
Major Arama86n

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges