Conquer Club

The King is Dead [Winner: seamusk]

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

The King is Dead [Winner: seamusk]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:27 am

The King is Dead
Original Thread: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=82738

The King has just died and he left no heir. Each fieflord must now fight to unite the kingdom and become the new king. In order to defeat another lord you must take his lands, his castle and his head... Do you have the blood that is worthy enough to unite the kingdom and establish a new dynasty? If you have the nerve, the skill and the honor, then you could be King!

Gameplay

IMPORTANT! New gameplay as of 9 Jan '11.

show: Gameplay

Attacks
show: Attacks

Settings
show: Settings

Phases
show: Phases

Territories
show: Territories

Final Reminder...
This tournament is going to be complex. Be patient with time delays as multiple battles may occur on certain rounds. Open to premium players only as the number of open battles could swell to the double digit range if multiple attacks are requested.

Your Glory awaits, my Lord!!!
Last edited by anamainiacks on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 am, edited 64 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Progress Report

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 am

Elimination Phase

Leaderboard
seamusk - 4 armies
danryan - 0 armies
beanyuk - 0 armies
Johnny Rockets - 0 armies
Darin44 - 0 armies
acores2005 - 0 armies

Elimination Round 1 - acores2005 Eliminated
show: Elimination Round 1

Elimination Round 2 - Darin44 Eliminated
show: Elimination Round 2

Elimination Round 3 - Johnny Rockets Eliminated
show: Elimination Round 3

Elimination Round 4 - beanyuk Eliminated
show: Elimination Round 4

Elimination Round 5 - danryan Eliminated
show: Elimination Round 5

Battle Phase

Ye Olde Map
show

Fiefs Held
show: 6 REMAIN

The History Books
show: Round 10

show: Round 9

show: Round 8

show: Round 7

show: Round 6

show: Round 5

show: Round 4

show: Round 3

show: Round 2

show: Round 1
Last edited by anamainiacks on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 am, edited 202 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II]

Postby danryan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 am

Hey, thanks for rescuing this! It is a neat format but a lot of work for the organizer.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Here's the original map without the names:

Click image to enlarge.

Hope that helps,

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks a lot for that! That's all I need actually, haha.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Thanks a lot for that! That's all I need actually, haha.

:D
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 am

alright, all PMs for the new games were sent, and the first 2 posts have been updated comprehensively.

i'll just be waiting for the replies for my PM to come in, so i can tell who's still in the tourney (: at the moment, 6 people have already replied
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Johnny Rockets on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Great!

I was waiting for this to come around!

Too bad this means you are all going to die.....

Oh well, to make an omlete and all that..

Lord Rockets
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Update

Out of the 23 Lords and Ladies left in the toss up for power, 16 have conveyed their deepest wish to make blood flow in the streets. 7 have yet to offer any response.

Also, 3 of the 5 created games have commenced! Let's try and get this Round over quick and get some mass battles underway :P.

danryan wrote:Hey, thanks for rescuing this! It is a neat format but a lot of work for the organizer.

Haha, well I hope to be able to see this one to the finish (: Wouldn't want you guys to miss out on an enjoyable tournament experience!

Johnny Rockets wrote:Great!

I was waiting for this to come around!

Too bad this means you are all going to die.....

Oh well, to make an omlete and all that..

Lord Rockets

Well I hope I can make this tourney to live up to the glory it started off with under ralph's care XP My pleasure to be working with all of you, m'Lords.

By the way, is my 2nd post's structure reader-friendly enough for you guys?
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II - Updated 12 Dec '09]

Postby beanyuk on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 am

Hey glad this is back!
Lieutenant beanyuk

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II - Updated 15 Dec '09]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Update

Only 3 Lords and Ladies' royal messengers have yet to arrive to state their intent, whether to stay or to leave this battle for power. As only 3 days remain till the deadline set initially, their final reminder has been sent, and failure to reply would result in their permanent removal from the power struggle.

Moving on to news about the battle for fiefs, the Lord of Milan managed to fight off the invading troops streaming in from Venice at their Lord's command, thus soundly defending his country from invasion of any sort.

Meanwhile, their neighbours in Tyrol and Styria have a fierce battle of their own. With the battle going back and forth between the two fieflords, the latest developments saw the Lord of Styria managing to break through the borders as well as the castle forts of Tyrol. They now enter a battle in the inner courts of the castle, where the Lord of Tyrol will have to fight for his life, or breathe his last breath.

And finally, after the Lord of Northern France freed himself from previous engagements, he returned to his inner courts to find a battle between he and the Lord of Eastern France awaiting him. At long last, ALL games that were first created have now began.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II - Updated 16 Dec '09]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 am

Update

Lord chemefreak has chosen to leave the country, thus leaving the people of Ottoman Empire to become a neutral party in this conflict. With that, only 22 Lords and Ladies remain.

ON VACATION

Also, I'll be going overseas on a last minute trip from tomorrow till Sunday, 20 Dec, as well as the same days the following week (Thursday 24 Dec to Sunday 27 Dec). After that, I'll be back for a week over the new year, then going off again from 3rd Jan to 10th Jan. So during these periods, I won't be able to create any games. So sorry for the inconvenience, all these trips are coming as unexpected to me as they are to you... heh.

So basically there will be no new tournament games or updates during these periods:
17 December - 20 December
24 December - 27 December
3rd January - 10 January

But don't worry, the tournament will definitely still be up and running during this bumpy period (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II - Updated 20 Dec '09]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:15 am

Update

Since the previous update, 5 more attacks have reached completion, with 1 battle coming to a close.

The battle for Northern France came to an end when the Lord of Eastern France finally slayed the Lord of Northern France in his inner sanctuary, finally uniting the fiefs of France together under one ruler. But can wolfpack0530 sustain his power and rule the rest of the King's domain?

War attacks in Tyrol have once again been pushed from the inner courts of the Lord to the borders once again. The military power found their reserved troops and launched a great defensive company of troops, poshing the armies from Styria to the borders once again. Whether or not they can rid the forces of Styria once and for all remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, Kalenburg continues to fight off the men from Westphalia, pushing the troops out of the castle and back into the borders. On the other side of the river, the Lord of Wurttemburg continues to make progress slaying the troops defending Ansbach, reaching the inner courts in an attempt to slay the Lord of Ansbach once and for all.

In other news, 2 more Lords have followed in the footsteps of Lord chemefreak. The absence of a reply from Lord Daviedoo and Lord WPBRJ after 8 days could only mean that the Lords had vacated their fiefs of Poland and Austria respectively, renderring their people neutral parties. In light of this, only 19 Lords and Ladies remain to battle it out for control of the King's forsaken lands.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II - Updated 28 Dec '09]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:15 am

Update

After a quick battle, the Lord of Kalenburg managed to fend off the attacks from the Lord of Westphalia, allowing the citizens of Kalenburg to live in peace till the next round of attacks ensue.

Meanwhile, the Lords of Tyrol and Styria struggle to keep their battle contingents fit after this hard fought battle. The battle returns for the fifth time to the castle of Tyrol, which is continually undergoing repairs during the war.

Two battles still remain, and the face of the King's abandoned lands anticipate change.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 - Phase II - Updated 31 Dec '09]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Update

Another battle has ended, with beanyuk vanquishing Death_on_a_horse's armies in Ansbach, and himself driving the sword through Death_on_a_horse's heart in his last sanctuary.

Lord Death_on_a_horse is now out of the contest for the kingdom, and Lord beanyuk extending his lead on the rest of the 17 fieflords, having 4 fiefs under his care now, the only one to claim a fief per round.

Only one battle remains, that of Lords Culs De Sac and danryan over in Tyrol. Phase I of Round 4 will commence when this is over.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 3 Phase II - Updated 11 Jan '10]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 am

Update

Once again, Lord Culs De Sac of Tyrol managed to defend his inner sanctuary from the invading troops led by Lord danryan of Styria. This moves their battle on to the next stage, returning back to the castle forts of Tyrol, where Lord Culs De Sac will be looking to push Lord danryan back to the borders.

In lieu of this extremely long string of games, a new rule has been implemented into the tournament, which states:
!!! NEW RULE !!!
If the lord launching the attack is unable to soundly defeat his opponent after 13 stages of battle, the lord will be forced to retreat from the invasion due to lack of resources to continue the battle. This will force a mutual cease fire agreement between the fiefs to be drawn for the rest of the round, allowing the lords to restore their power and resources in their fiefs, and prepare for the next round of attacks.

More importantly, the lords are highly superstitious people, and if their attempts at conquering another fief are futile after 13 rounds, it would be deemed as bad luck, due to their aversion to the number 13. This arrival of bad luck on their heads would deter them from continuing in battle for the rest of the round, in fear of having inconsolable losses should they continue in battle.

Effectively, this means that the lord defending his castle will retain possession of his fief, while the attacking lord leaves empty-handed.

This means that after 13 games, if the attacker is still unable to claim a victory in Draknor, the battle will end and the defender will keep his land. This does NOT mean that the attacker must continue the attack in the next round, but does NOT deter the same battle plan from being made in the next round either.

This also means that if the 13th game does not take place on the Draknor map, the game will not be played.

I'm trying not to meddle with the original tournament gameplay as set by ralph, but I don't think I'm introducing something entirely new here. If you look at Round 2's battle at Hungary with Austria invading, you'll find that the series of battles ended after 9 attacks, with no final conclusion. And even though Austria won 5 of the 9 battles, Hungary was still considered to be defended. Thus, I'm following this example, but extending the games limit to 13, instead of giving the fief to the Lord with more victories that round.

Hopefully this will speed things up, but still retain the tournament experience that ralph intended (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby danryan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 am

I fully support this. Culs and I are so evenly matched it could go on forever right now.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:00 am

danryan wrote:I fully support this. Culs and I are so evenly matched it could go on forever right now.

Heh that's great to hear :D At least the people whom the rule was made for agree to it XD
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 4 Phase I - Updated 14 Jan '10]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:07 am

Update

Just minutes ago, the battle between Culs De Sac and danryan drew to a close as Culs De Sac prevented the war from reaching his inner courts of Tyrol yet again. As the 12th stage of the battle ended, Lord danryan declined to pursue in the 13th war, to avoid the dawning of bad luck on his head.

Round 4 Phase I has begun, and battle plans are now to be made. This squire patiently awaits your loyal messengers.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Lindax on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am

anamainiacks wrote:Update

Just minutes ago, the battle between Culs De Sac and danryan drew to a close as Culs De Sac prevented the war from reaching his inner courts of Tyrol yet again. As the 12th stage of the battle ended, Lord danryan declined to pursue in the 13th war, to avoid the dawning of bad luck on his head.

Round 4 Phase I has begun, and battle plans are now to be made. This squire patiently awaits your loyal messengers.

anamainiacks: you may want to to send a pm to let everybody know that round 4 is now up. ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Johnny Rockets on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Zounds!

After several defeats, Lord Rockets feels it's time to change things up.

United Netherlands will attack Denmark by sea. Time to put a dent in Lord Lindax's helmet.

Cheers!

JR
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby ubcman64 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Bavaria wishes to invade Ansbach
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:38 am

Lindax wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:Update

anamainiacks: you may want to to send a pm to let everybody know that round 4 is now up. ;)

Lx

Hahaha yea, I was still typing out the PM when you posted this (:

The front page has been updated with both publicly announced attacks :P Still awaiting 7 declarations of war.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 4 Phase II - Updated 19 Jan '10]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:45 am

Update

As no new wages of war have come in, Round 4 Phase II shall commence now. Warzones have been setup, so bring your armies to war! But remember to leave enough to defend your fiefs being attacked of course!

For the future rounds, Phase I will only last THREE days, as most declarations actually come in within the first day and a half itself, and players who do not reply quickly usually do not reply at all, as shown by the 7 lords and ladies who didn't reply this round. Hopefully this will help to hurry things along.

I'm just hoping the 7 lord and ladies didn't choose to abandon this tournament and thereby didn't reply. I think we have more than enough neutrals on the board already.

Also, 5 lords and ladies did not have a war waged by or against them this round, with 1 choosing to stay neutral and the remaining 4 having no news.

Let the battles begin!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The King is Dead [Round 4 Phase II - Updated 22 Jan '10]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 am

Update

5 battles have progressed since the round first started, with only 1 of them ending in a successful attack, that being Lord bonus_mop's attack from Venice into the Lord seamusk's Milan. A battle in the castle now awaits them.

Lord seamusk achieved more success in Savoy, where he defended his fief from invading forces led by wolfpack0530 from Eastern France.

Lords D3A7H and Darin44 failed in their invasions of each other's fiefs, as they both left far greater numbers back in their home territory defending their fiefs of Franche-Compte and Lorraine respectively.

And finally, the neutral citizens in Poland showed Lord danryan what they're made of, gathering together and launching a coordinated defence against the incoming troops from Hungary, proving their point not to mess with the neutral fiefs on the maps.
Colonel anamainiacks

Next

Return to Completed 2011