Conquer Club

TOFU vs T4C [40-10 of 50] [Final]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

TOFU vs T4C [40-10 of 50] [Final]

Postby Dako on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 am

Hey hey hey!
Welcome to the challenge thread.

Primary contacts
TOFU - Dako, Chariot of Fire
T4C - TheSaxlad, tokle

Here are the rules
  • 50 games, 25 games for each clan, 8 dubs, 8 trips, 9 quads.
  • Games will be exchanged between clans in real time fashion - ie both responsible parties must be online at the same time to avoid any speculation.
  • Each map can be used once for each game type as home map (Random can be used as many times as you want).
  • Any player can play a maximum of 20 games.
  • No beta maps, freestyle or manual settings. Nukes are allowed.
  • Each foggy game should have 12h rule. If the rule was broken - the 1st move should be posted in chat. Violation of the 12h rule and not posting the move in game chat results in an immediate game forfeit.
  • In the event of a tie after completion of all 50 games a best-of-seven decider will be held, comprising one of each of doubs, trips and quads from each clan, in addition to one game of trips on the Classic map with escalating, chained and sunny settings. Maps that had already met their quota may be used again, but only once regardless of game type.
  • If map/player usage rule has been violated the game will be remade immediately and the first game will not count for the challenge (without any additional penalties).

show: TOFU Batch 1
show: T4C Batch 1

show: TOFU Batch 2
show: T4C Batch 2

show: TOFU player usage
show: T4C player usage
Last edited by Dako on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Colonel Dako

Re: TOFU vs T4C [0-0 of 50] [Pregame chat]

Postby eddie2 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 am

tofu are you Farming lol 45 v 5 to tofu
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:34 am

eddie2 wrote:tofu are you Farming lol 45 v 5 to tofu

Actually no. TOFU is not farming, but T4C has contacted most of the top clans including KORT. They want a match to see how far along they are vs top clans. They asked about 4 or 5 clans I know of. We opted out due to being in 2 events already, but looks like TOFU is gonna take them on. Good Luck to both sides.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Eyestone on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:43 am

Bruceswar wrote:

Actually no. TOFU is not farming, but T4C has contacted most of the top clans including KORT. They want a match to see how far along they are vs top clans. They asked about 4 or 5 clans I know of. We opted out due to being in 2 events already, but looks like TOFU is gonna take them on. Good Luck to both sides.

And taking on unproven clans like T4C isn't farming just because they asked for a challenge? #-o We'll it's all relative...
I'm guessing someone in TOFU is hungry for some easy medals.
General Eyestone

Postby eddie2 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 am

this quote is funny

Dako wrote:[list][*]50 games, 25 games for each clan, 7 dubs, 8 trips, 8 quads. If singles will be allowed for clan medals - we will have them in the last batch. If not - we will add one more dubs and one more quad game.

From the medals page.

Must be considered a reasonably fair War, meaning farming of medals will not be allowed. Any questionable war will be discussed first by the Clan Directors and if any further discussion is needed, the Clan Leader's Association will be consulted.

Have fun in your challenge. But i am guessing medals won't be issued.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Dako on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:03 am

Eyestone wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

And taking on unproven clans like T4C isn't farming just because they asked for a challenge? #-o We'll it's all relative...

You are wrong mate. We were a new clan once and ID accepted our friendly challenge. We want to return the favor and let new clans have a shot at us. They asked us about the challenge - I don't see how that is farming somebody. No one is throwing games here and everyone will fight to their full strength.

eddie2 wrote:this quote is funny
Dako wrote:[list][*]50 games, 25 games for each clan, 7 dubs, 8 trips, 8 quads. If singles will be allowed for clan medals - we will have them in the last batch. If not - we will add one more dubs and one more quad game.

From the medals page.

Must be considered a reasonably fair War, meaning farming of medals will not be allowed. Any questionable war will be discussed first by the Clan Directors and if any further discussion is needed, the Clan Leader's Association will be consulted.

You can contact Clan Directors if you think this war is not fair.
Colonel Dako

Postby eddie2 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:17 am

Dako wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

You are wrong mate. We were a new clan once and ID accepted our friendly challenge. We want to return the favor and let new clans have a shot at us. They asked us about the challenge - I don't see how that is farming somebody. No one is throwing games here and everyone will fight to their full strength.

eddie2 wrote:this quote is funny

From the medals page.

You can contact Clan Directors if you think this war is not fair.

lol i am just just having a laugh with you dako. and good on you for taking on the challenge giving smaller clans a chance.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Eyestone on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 am

Dako wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

There's a huge difference here. You guys were all experienced and higly rated players from former clans (as far as I know) who teamed up to make a "superclan". You can't say that about these guys from T4C. Actually they aren't unproven, they are currently playing TIME and the current score is 18-9 to TIME...

Farming isn't about throwing games. It's about playing opponents of a much lesser quality than yourselves. I already pointed out that who asking who isn't a subject here. It's about you choose to accept a totally unbalanced challenge. I don't think that's "fair".
General Eyestone

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:43 am

Eddie - we know you were just joshing mate, no worries.

Eyestone - it's very difficult to determine what's fair and what isn't. Would it be fair if we didn't accept a challenge from a clan such as T4C when they've asked us via the proper channels? I've spent the best of this year being told that TOFU cannot challenge THOTA "until we have proven ourselves against a top clan". In my opinion that is elitist bs and we as a clan said we would never put ourselves on a pedestal like that and would welcome all challenges. And here is a perfect case in point.

They came to us, we weren't doing much, and as Dako rightly points out we ourselves were a fledgling clan 16 months ago when the decent folks in Dragoons accepted our first challenge. I'm still grateful to them to this day. I hope T4C have a similarly good experience and that this contest will help them become more united and better-established.

It has nothing to do with medals and everything to do with experience. As a small clan on the verge of bringing in some new members this presents itself as an ideal opportunity for us to afford them an opportunity to prove themselves in battle.

And what am I doing explaining myself? Totally unnecessary. This is a good challenge and CC would be all the better if more clans were just as accommodating.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Eyestone on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 am

So you can say 100% honest that you would have accepted this challenge if there was no clan medal to get out of it?
General Eyestone

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:02 am

I think this challenge is a great idea. Everyone has counted T4C out and rightly so, I dont think they stand a chance. However, Im sure that for T4C a "win" and a "morale win" are very different. I think going 15-35 against TOFU, clearly one of the best CC has to offer, would be a huge boost to a newer clan such as T4C.

Good luck to both clans.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 am

Eyestone wrote:So you can say 100% honest that you would have accepted this challenge if there was no clan medal to get out of it?

Yes of course. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I like being on the side of the good guys.

Besides, we played you guys when there was no medal up for grabs ;)
Last edited by Chariot of Fire on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby nagerous on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 am

good luck to both clans =)
Captain nagerous

Postby Eyestone on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:04 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
Eyestone wrote:So you can say 100% honest that you would have accepted this challenge if there was no clan medal to get out of it?

Yes of course. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I like being on the side of the good guys.

Besides, we played you guys when there was no medal up for grabs ;)

You didn't "choose" to play us as we met in a final. We expanded the number of games to make sure it counted as a real challenge, not only a best of 17 games. You should get a medal for that victory when jp gets around to do the rest of the work with the medals - just like we will get our medals for our recent win against FOED.
General Eyestone

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:09 am

Bruceswar wrote:

You should know better than to feed the troll Bruce. Good luck to both clans.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby eddie2 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 am

BoganGod wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

You should know better than to feed the troll Bruce. Good luck to both clans.

post reported. move on bogangod and stop trying to bait me.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:43 am

lol he did nothing of the sort eddie...
now im positive i have spoken to both of you in regards to ignoring each other...
I really dont wnat to get involved ;)

Anyway..tofu in a whitewash. But good on them for not being elitist douches
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby chemefreak on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 am

lord voldemort wrote:But good on them for not being elitist douches

I agree with this completely. TOFU has nothing to gain here and everything to lose. Good for them for having the balls to play a challenge against a newer clan. Mmmm. I say 32-18 TOFU. I shall be rooting for the little guys! Good luck to both clans.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 am

Thank you lovo.

I think Eddie had a valid point tho tbh.

oh...and thank you too Nick.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby jpcloet on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:44 am

Well the perception seems to be that this is not fair. This is a good chance for the CD's to further clarify policy as this goes on. Eg. What is fair (leap frog would help a bit here) standard rules (eg CLA discussion on forfeits and penalties) etc.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Ace Rimmer on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 am

We don't want to be perceived as elitist douches (thanks for that LV) like some other clans and tell people that they can only play us once they've "proven themselves". Like CoF said, we were a new clan (and no we weren't all from existing clans, I know at least Dako and I had not previously been in clans) and ID accepted our challenge. In our public challenge thread, we haven't been challenged by anyone else, and I am not certain if we've received any PMs about clans that are looking for a challenge right now, but I don't know of any.

JP, I'd love a standard template for us to build from on forfeits/penalties/etc. Good luck figuring out a ladder that all clans will agree on, it seems that every time you try it's shot down.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby ljex on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:16 am

jakewilliams wrote:We don't want to be perceived as elitist douches (thanks for that LV) like some other clans and tell people that they can only play us once they've "proven themselves". Like CoF said, we were a new clan (and no we weren't all from existing clans, I know at least Dako and I had not previously been in clans) and ID accepted our challenge. In our public challenge thread, we haven't been challenged by anyone else, and I am not certain if we've received any PMs about clans that are looking for a challenge right now, but I don't know of any.

JP, I'd love a standard template for us to build from on forfeits/penalties/etc. Good luck figuring out a ladder that all clans will agree on, it seems that every time you try it's shot down.

To be honest i dont care who you face that is up to you, but I know for a fact there are other clans wishing to challenge you.
Major ljex

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:30 am

jpcloet wrote:Well the perception seems to be that this is not fair. This is a good chance for the CD's to further clarify policy as this goes on. Eg. What is fair (leap frog would help a bit here) standard rules (eg CLA discussion on forfeits and penalties) etc.

I'm not really sure which is more unfair here: TOFU having a greater standing than T4C, or TOFU being told who they can or can not face in a challenge?

Now I don't expect this contest to raise our standing at all in terms of perceived strength or ability, but I do expect it to set some precedent that not every clan turns down an invitation for a battle due to the credentials of the challenger. Let's give T4C a bit of credit before everyone starts writing them off please.

And it's worth reiterating - we are the party that responded to the challenge. If you wish to implement rules that prevent an elite clan from picking on lesser outfits then do so by all means, but don't deny these guys a shot at the big time if that's what they seek.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Rodion on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:39 am

If you don't mind me asking, weren't you guys considering a challenge vs. either TSM or EMPIRE?

How did that go?
General Rodion

Postby Ace Rimmer on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 am

ljex wrote:
To be honest i dont care who you face that is up to you, but I know for a fact there are other clans wishing to challenge you.

I don't know that we've gotten an official request or interest in a challenge. Granted I'm not our war head, but I am active in the forums.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Next

Return to Complete Challenges