Conquer Club

GASOLINE CRUSADES [WINNER: Team Petronas]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

GASOLINE CRUSADES [WINNER: Team Petronas]

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am

Congratulations to Team PETRONAS on their win of the first ever Gasoline Crusades Tournament.

Players for the winning team are: Hknox67, wolfmaster, merz, NormalGuy, taxmanjle and Spawn of Devil.

They played a great tournament and came out victorious!!! STATOIL made a hard run in the last two weeks, but did not quite catch them, they did cut the gap in half though, which is quite impressive.

I want to say thank you to all the players who participated. We actually have one doubles game and one standard game still active, but they do not involve teams that can catch up to the winners.

I will be posting the FINALIZED standings and SCORING BREAKDOWNS as soon as those games are complete. There still may be a little shuffling from 3rd place on down.

GASOLINE CRUSADES

**PREMIUM IS REQUIRED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT**

Welcome to the GASOLINE CRUSADES, an 8 way war between leading gasoline companies from around the world. Each company is desperately trying to become the king of the gasoline world through any means necessary and will do anything to come out of these crusades victorious.

FORMAT: Each of the 8 teams named after a different Gasoline Conglomerate will consist of 2 doubles teams, 3 1 v 1 players and 3 Standard 4-player game players. The doubles teams will be divided into an upper and a lower division according to their combined score at the time registration is complete. The 1 v 1 players will be divided into three divisions by score as will the 3 standard game players. Once the divisions have been determined gameplay will begin for all players. When a player signs up for a specific team they may play in all three categories if they wish. For example: Optimus Prime can play as a doubles team with his partner and also sign up to play in the 1 v 1 games and in the standard games. This is to allow the teams to fill more quickly and for a handful of players to have a shot at glory, especially if they can recruit their friends to be on their team.

Each Gasoline Conglomerate is assigned a specific "Home" map which those players will play on for their home games (See next post). All doubles games will be flat rate and unlimited settings, 1 v 1 games will be flat rate and chained settings and the standard games will be flat rate unlimited settings throughout the entire tournament.

As players complete their games they will earn points according to the scoring tables seen below. The team with the most points at the conclusion of all games will be crowned the winner of the Gasoline Crusades.

GAMEPLAY: Every doubles team will play one home game and one away game against the other seven doubles teams in their respective division for a total of 14 games for the tournament. The upper division doubles will play games amongst themselves, and so will the lower division doubles. There will not be games between divisions. The same format will be used for all three divisions of 1 v 1 players. Doubles teams and 1 v 1 players will be given several games to join at the beginning of each week.

The players who sign up to play in the standard 4 player games will only be playing in four total games for the entire tournament. This is because these games will take far longer to complete than the others. All four games will start at the same time however, and the opponents will be randomly chosen from the specific division using random.org. The division breakdown will follow the same format as the other games. By looking at the scoring tables it is clear that winning a standard game in this tournament is very beneficial to the team as the point value is much higher.

SCORING:

Bonus points are earned if games are completed in 8 rounds or less. Bonus points only are awarded to the winning team.

STANDINGS:

SCORING BREAKDOWN

My father has worked in the oil world for his entire life, and so I just could not resist creating a tournament using this theme. As far as I can tell this might be the first of a kind in merging three separate game formats into the same tournament. I hope that all who sign up will enjoy themselves throughout the entire process.

If anyone has any questions feel free to either post them in the thread or send me a PM and I will answer as soon as possible. I will check the thread regularly (several times each day) and provide updates to the players lists as well as answers to all questions.

**PREMIUM IS REQUIRED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT**
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:13 am

COMPLETE PLAYER LIST:

Now accepting one bench player per team. It is not required for a team to have a bench player, but due to it being summer, it will be helpful in case of a vacationing player who needs a temporary replacement.

The divisions were determined using scores as reflected on the CC scoreboard as of 1:50pm on July 27th. The divisions will not change for the duration of the tournament.
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Forza AZ on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am

Put me in the Shell team.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:28 am

Forza AZ wrote:Put me in the Shell team.

Which parts of the Shell team?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Coleman on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:34 am

I think you are going to burn yourself out hosting so many of these. Anyway, as a UP employee I think I pretty much have to take ExxonMobil.

I'll play all types. I don't have a doubles partner for that part at the moment though. If Gozar shows up and doesn't want to play for a different team then I'd welcome that.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Metaphore on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 am

I'll play for Putin and Abramovich. They might be rich and smart, but they know nothing about Risk. :)

Add me to all 3 - 1v1, 4 player and doubles for Lukoil.

Btw, how will the maps be chosen? If my vote counts at all, I'll put in a vote for World or Age of Merchants.
Sergeant 1st Class Metaphore

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:37 am

Coleman wrote:I think you are going to burn yourself out hosting so many of these. Anyway, as a UP employee I think I pretty much have to take ExxonMobil.

Actually, Point Grabbers II is done and Transformers Wars only takes about 10 minutes a week now that it is almost finished. I only spend about an hour and a half a day taking care of these, so its not too bad.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Coleman on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:41 am

Metaphore wrote:Btw, how will the maps be chosen? If my vote counts at all, I'll put in a vote for World or Age of Merchants.

It just says they are assigned, so that could mean anything. But we probably don't get to pick, sorry if I end up fast posting Optimus.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:44 am

Oh, no worries about fast posting here. If you look on the second post there is a list of the teams. Underneath each team is its assigned home map.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Killer619 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:44 am

ill play for ConocoPhillips doubles and 1v1. in doubles i dont have a partner so anyone can be my partner. if doubles r taken then i will jus play for the 1v1. but i want to play both.
Sergeant Killer619

Postby Metaphore on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:45 am

Our posts crossed. My question regarding maps has been answered.
Sergeant 1st Class Metaphore

Postby spidey on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:46 am

I will join conoco phillip
Sergeant 1st Class spidey

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:47 am

Killer619 wrote:ill play for ConocoPhillips doubles and 1v1. in doubles i dont have a partner so anyone can be my partner. if doubles r taken then i will jus play for the 1v1. but i want to play both.

I'll get back to you on whether or not there is still a doubles slot open. We might already be full, I'm waiting to hear back from a couple players.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby DAZMCFC on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:48 am

i will join conocophillips. 1 v 1 and standard 4 player games please.
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:53 am

DAZMCFC wrote:i will join conocophillips. 1 v 1 and standard 4 player games please.

Alright, will do. Welcome to the team!!
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Clive on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 pm

I like the sound of this tourny - depending on when it will be taking place. If joining after 18th august is ok, you know about my abscence, then I'd like British Isles 1v1 player (only).
General Clive

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:05 pm

Clive wrote:I like the sound of this tourny - depending on when it will be taking place. If joining after 18th august is ok, you know about my abscence, then I'd like British Isles 1v1 player (only).

I would love to have you, so here is what I think we should do. I plan on starting it whenever it fills up, or at least within a few days of it filling up. I'll put you down for now and if we can make it work we will, if not, I'll keep you as a "bench player" for that team after it gets started and if someone wants to drop out of the 1 v 1's you can take their place.

Sound like a plan to you?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Clive on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:06 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Clive wrote:I like the sound of this tourny - depending on when it will be taking place. If joining after 18th august is ok, you know about my abscence, then I'd like British Isles 1v1 player (only).

I would love to have you, so here is what I think we should do. I plan on starting it whenever it fills up, or at least within a few days of it filling up. I'll put you down for now and if we can make it work we will, if not, I'll keep you as a "bench player" for that team after it gets started and if someone wants to drop out of the 1 v 1's you can take their place.

Sound like a plan to you?

Sounds good thnx :)
General Clive

Postby Wild_Tiger on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 pm

Metaphore wrote:I'll play for Putin and Abramovich. They might be rich and smart, but they know nothing about Risk. :)

Add me to all 3 - 1v1, 4 player and doubles for Lukoil.

Btw, how will the maps be chosen? If my vote counts at all, I'll put in a vote for World or Age of Merchants.

I will play with you in the doubles tour =)
I got beaten by 2 privates and all I got was this lousy feedback!
General Wild_Tiger

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 pm

I have you paired up on the list. Welcome Wild_Tiger, I've never had the honor of a Colonel joining one of my tournaments. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:53 pm

Now can we take his points????
Major Night Strike

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:55 pm

You'll have to hope you wind up in the upper division, so get to earning points before this thing fills up so you can be. :wink:
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby BeastofBurson on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:04 pm

I'll go in The Exxon Mobile group...all games if possible...no partner yet...
Cadet BeastofBurson

Postby BeastofBurson on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Night Strike wrote:Now can we take his points????

good luck with that!... :lol:
Cadet BeastofBurson

Postby Forza AZ on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:Put me in the Shell team.

Which parts of the Shell team?

O, the parts were not there yet when I posted ;)

Put me in the doubles. Do I need to find a partner myself?
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Next

Return to Completed 2007