Conquer Club

Spleen of Garnets! [Winner: dtellis]

Tournaments completed in 2010.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Spleen of Garnets! [Winner: dtellis]

Postby danryan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:50 am

Congratulations to the well deserved winner, dtellis of the Baxelbrueds!!!

Although technically you can still vote, We will be doing Secret Declarations via an avalanche of votes for that. So when you win a game, PM me with Secret Declaration in the Topic and I will tuck it away until my game has finished!

Greetings all you Hoopy Froods! It's time to plug in your babel fish and get ready for a bumpy ride! Don't forget your towel and remember, all you need to do to fly is aim at the ground and miss!

I apologize beforehand for any mispellings.

Theme:
The Heart of Gold manned by Zaephod Beeblebrox has done the most improbable thing yet! It has spawned a double of itself, the Spleen of Garnets. The Spleen of Garnets was manned by none other than the programmers to Deep Thought which discovered the meaning of life is 42. They don't know what the question is, but they do have all their most valuable programming tools worth a fortune to any treasure seeker. So; where do you fit in? Well you want the Spleen of Garnets of course, wether to fund your own fleet, start building another computer or even perhaps buy your own pre-made planet! There's only one problem! Your not the only ones looking for it! The five biggest bands of Pirates, Thieves, and bad Poets have sent their ten best men or whatevers searching for the Spleen of Garnets. Only one band will be victorious. Will it be yours?

Set up:
There will be five teams of ten players each. All Games will be played on the Space Map. All games will be Sequential and Terminator. Games will start out as Escalating, Chained, Sunny When you win a game, however, you may change any ONE of those three settings any way you wish so that that as the games progress, you may find yourself playing in completely different situations than the competition. Although you are playing on Teams, you will never play in the same game as one of your team mates. For example: Bobby ringo wins and changes Escalating to No Spoils.

Elimination:
The player who wins a round can name the group from which another player will be eliminated. For example, if the Vogon player won and named the Baxelbrued, the Baxelbrued with the least kills that round would be eliminated. If there is a tie amongst the Baxelbrueds, All of the Baxelbrueds with the least amount of kills will be terminated. However, no more than 2 players will be eliminated from any group each round. So: In case of a Three or more way tie, The Baxelbrued who played in the game with the Vogon who won will be eliminated.
Note! When your team is down to three players, a maximum of 1 player will be eliminated at a time. However, you CAN go from 4 to 2 players.

Further Clan Spots are currently UNavailable unless you beg particularly well.
Clans are welcome if they wish to play all ten of a certain group. Freemium players are welcome. You will need only one game slot during this tourney. I expect sign up might take some time, so I will send out PMs when we get to 40 or so players. If you wish to join and don't care which group, I'll reserve your spot and assign you to a group later.

Games:
Games will start out with 5 players. However, as this tourney progresses and players get cut, games will progress from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 player games. All pairings will be random with the exception that you will never play against a member of your own race or species or whatever you want to call it.

Winning:
Unlike most tournaments, this one may have multiple winners. When there is only one group left, all surviving members of that group are deemed the winners and may take the valuable treasure of the Spleen of Garnets!

Groups:

Baxelbrueds: 1
1. BaldAdonis
2. Timminz
3. Bones2484
4. amazzony
5. dtellis - FOG - ESC
6. Gilligan
7. RedBaron0
8. Gozar
9. knighthawk - Chained
10. DJ Teflon

Vogons: 0
1. Rocketry
2. theusual1
3. Pander88uk - FOG
4. danryan
5. drake_pk7
6. Hopscotcher - FLAT
7. General Flashman - FOG
8. brian fletcher
9. cgblack
10. wolfpack0530

Blue Man Group: 0
1. VampireM
2. manc
3. Jackofalltrades Foggy, Chained
4. Durrge (free)
5. Jobiwan
6. GreenBaize - FLAT
7. Grunion
8. musteriuz
9. Barry Zuckerkorn
10. oldbenjamin (free)

Mostly Harmlesions: 1
1. ga7
2. danalan - FOG
3. franklenraymond
4. kamahl (free)
5. Haggis_McMutton
6. Hoagy Unlimited, Foggy, Esc
7. Trillian (free)
8. Jrfan88 (free)
9. YoursFalsey
10. hwhrhett

UUU BSHGG (Unaffiliated, Unnoficial, Unxious Brute Squad of the Hithchiker's Guide to the Galaxy): 0
1. magneto_acolyte
2. elmerfudd - FLAT RATE
3. olkok - NO CHANGES
4. ultraman
5. reahma
6. gqmecock - No cHANGES
7. TheOtherOne
8. supergeek24
]9. #1_stunna
10. tdans

So long! And thanks for all the fish!
Last edited by danryan on Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 am, edited 22 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Round 10 Game

Postby danryan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Pairings

Final Games - Game 6885028, Game 6885029, Game 6885030
1. dtellis
2. trillian
Last edited by danryan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 am, edited 16 times in total.

Re: Spleen of Garnets!

Postby danryan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 pm

This section does 2 things:
1. Let's you know what's goin on in other games
2. Makes it easier for me to track terminations

Round 8:
Last edited by danryan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Postby YoursFalsey on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Hey, danryan! Thanks for the rescue!
Good Omens: Round II of the Pratchett Invitational has begun
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=101870
which is a good omen that I'll start another tourney...
Coming soon: Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, the nuclear tourney...
Private YoursFalsey

Postby danryan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:46 am

Cheers bud, but it'll be this weekend before new games are sent out. I'm waiting for some declarations, and wondering how many people may have given up on this one. It's a cool format, with multiple winners possible.

Postby danryan on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:48 pm

The Baxelbrueds clearly have a target on their back, down to 4 left.

Games are being made and sent out, be patient while they fill please as this has been inactive for some time.

Re: Spleen of Garnets! - Round 4

Postby danryan on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:05 pm

In an incredible turn of events all but one of the games filled within a day, thanks for sticking with it folks. Because of the extended hiatus I'll wait till Sunday for Barry to join, then remake the game as a 3 player.

Postby Jackofalltrades on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:12 pm

one small itch there mate. first off kudos to you for taking the reins. thanks. 2nd the preferances on my game did change mate my old game was foggy escalating unlimited....i wanted foggy esc chained. somewhere in the exchange we lost the fog. not sure how u want to handle it. cheers mate.
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby danryan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 am

Jackofalltrades wrote:one small itch there mate. first off kudos to you for taking the reins. thanks. 2nd the preferances on my game did change mate my old game was foggy escalating unlimited....i wanted foggy esc chained. somewhere in the exchange we lost the fog. not sure how u want to handle it. cheers mate.

Your pm to me only indicated the change from unlimited to chained, and I didn't go back through the current settings to check fog, sorry. I will update to foggy as well for the next round, if that's ok.

Postby Jackofalltrades on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:31 pm

danryan wrote:
Jackofalltrades wrote:one small itch there mate. first off kudos to you for taking the reins. thanks. 2nd the preferances on my game did change mate my old game was foggy escalating unlimited....i wanted foggy esc chained. somewhere in the exchange we lost the fog. not sure how u want to handle it. cheers mate.

Your pm to me only indicated the change from unlimited to chained, and I didn't go back through the current settings to check fog, sorry. I will update to foggy as well for the next round, if that's ok.
is cool, minor miscommunication. from the reading of the original rules i thought u could only change 1 setting at a time...so thusly i assumed sorry mate :(
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby danryan on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 am

Jackofalltrades wrote:
danryan wrote:

is cool, minor miscommunication. from the reading of the original rules i thought u could only change 1 setting at a time...so thusly i assumed sorry mate :(

You're right about the setting. I'll put you back in as foggy esc chained. Next game that starts with you as a winner will have that setting. Sorry again for the cockup.

Postby Trillian on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Trillian (Mostly Harmless) won Game 5859758
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish
Lieutenant Trillian

Postby wolfpack0530 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:11 am

Game 5837034

3 terminations
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby danryan on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:06 am

Updated, 1 game left in round 4. I think all the winners have pmd me their choices but if not you have until the last game ends.

Round 5 coming next week!

Postby Hopscotcher on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:36 am

Dan, you are the man!!!

Just throwing this out there....

I'm really dissapointed no one noticed that mispellings is misspelled.
I'm a sucker for Assassin Games

My claim to fame..... Game 6311393
Lieutenant Hopscotcher

Re: Spleen of Garnets! - Round 5

Postby danryan on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:02 am

Round 5 games sent out, standings updated. The Mostly Harmlesions have the most left followed by the Vogons. All others are down to 4 members each.

Postby theusual1 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:33 pm

The vogons have conquered in Game 5960559 against 2 mighty swordsmen from the Baxelbrueds and the Blue Man Groups :D
Sergeant 1st Class theusual1

Postby danryan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:56 am

Round 5 is complete, if I don't get any other declarations today the eliminations will be by random draw, obviously from the pool of players and following the rules set out originally. We had one game go 18 rounds.

Postby danryan on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 am

Updated, we're down to cutting the last players, round 6 will come out January 4.

Dan

Re: Spleen of Garnets! - Round 6

Postby danryan on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:10 am

Updated, Round 6 games sent out.

Postby danryan on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Round 7 sent out. All groups are down to 3 or less, so now it will be one elimination at a time. I expect one or two more rounds before this finally ends. :lol:

Postby Trillian on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Trillian won game 6345335!!!
So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish
Lieutenant Trillian

Postby danryan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Trillian wrote:Trillian won game 6345335!!!

One game left this round, please pm me your elimination selection!

Re: Spleen of Garnets! - Round 8

Postby danryan on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Round 8 games sent out. Down to 1 or 2 in every group.

Re: Spleen of Garnets! - Round 8

Postby Jackofalltrades on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 pm

danryan thx for takin up this tourny but i must bow out. my clanmates have been takin all my turns 4 me and frankly i haven't the time....i've missed 3 of 4 turns within my current match. i've purged my troops on the map as painlessly for the rest as possible. i'm sorry for this truly.

JOAT
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Next

Return to Completed 2010